No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lara Decked Twice, Stops Angulo in a Shocking Ending

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by budfr View Post
    Stop with the Lara BS !! Angulo was beating him up and had him hurt, and knocked him down twice but Lara, like the coward he is, began hugging instead of fighting. Angulo had a broken orbital bone, that changed the fight. Lara would have also stopped fighting had he had a broken orbital bone. Laraīs chin is not like Chavezīs.
    WTF are you talking about? Lara broke his bone it didn't just magically get ****ed up. You sound butt hurt. Lara showed heart getting up off the canvas and breaking angulo's face. Not to mention he cut him as well.

Comment

Many humans break many orbital bones in boxing. Angulo had bad luck he was cheered because he was attacking the whole time and hurting Lara , knocked him down twicw. Lara was hugging and running like a coward. If Lara would have been the one with a broken orbital bone, he would not be able to continue. Watch Mirco Crocop vs Bob Sapp and see what happens to Bob the behemoth when he suffers a broken orbital bone.
      lol bob sapp quits in every fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Realizniguhnit
        Virgil Hunter = Overrated!
        Um without him Angulo would have gotten destroyed.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
          Laras stock went down imo,going life and death with sorry ass Angulo who lost to sorry ass Kirkland all this fight did was expose Lara.
          On the contrary little grasshopper! If anything, he proved a lot of things last night! He also showed some flaws but in general, he graduated with honors!

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Just finishing watching the fights from last night.

Unexpected great fight between these two, expected a Lara shut out.

Lara showed great heart but personally last night confirmed how overrated he is currently.
            I agree on one point and disagree on another. It was a great fight, and a great style match-up that made it possible -- classic confrontation between a come-forward brawler and a technical boxer-puncher. I, too, expected a Lara shutout; but, in retrospect, I'm more impressed with Landy's actual performance than with a whitewash.

As expected, Lara clearly out-boxed Angulo. It was Alfredo's "Terminator-like" relentlessness and superior stamina that made it a fight. Not too many guys can sustain that kind of effort over the course of that many rounds. If a fighter can withstand nearly unlimited punishment and keep pressing forward with good power shots, he'll break down all but the greatest boxers.

I've been critical of Erislandy in the past, but he's come up a notch in my view. He displayed a good jaw by rising from two big shots from a heavy-hitter. He displayed the heart of a lion by fighting on, despite never being down before. He kept his cool, got back to business, and closed the show by making a tough-as-nails warrior give in to a bad injury. It's difficult not to be impressed.

Comment

• Lara had great resilience and heart, he took everything Angulo offered and kept coming back. The Mexican thug lost his heart and never recovered it.

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                I agree on one point and disagree on another. It was a great fight, and a great style match-up that made it possible -- classic confrontation between a come-forward brawler and a technical boxer-puncher. I, too, expected a Lara shutout; but, in retrospect, I'm more impressed with Landy's actual performance than with a whitewash.

As expected, Lara clearly out-boxed Angulo. It was Alfredo's "Terminator-like" relentlessness and superior stamina that made it a fight. Not too many guys can sustain that kind of effort over the course of that many rounds. If a fighter can withstand nearly unlimited punishment and keep pressing forward with good power shots, he'll break down all but the greatest boxers.

I've been critical of Erislandy in the past, but he's come up a notch in my view. He displayed a good jaw by rising from two big shots from a heavy-hitter. He displayed the heart of a lion by fighting on, despite never being down before. He kept his cool, got back to business, and closed the show by making a tough-as-nails warrior give in to a bad injury. It's difficult not to be impressed.
                Other than his display of heart I wasn't impressed with him.

He showed superior boxing skills and ability which is to be expected because Angulo is not very good, frankly. He wasn't very good in his prime and he isn't now he's passed it. Since coming back he's looked horrible.

Lara just further showed me his limitations and a non existant inside game. He showed he's skilled, fast, sharp and on the outside very good but also further showed me he's one dimensional.

No top fighter should be having issues with Angulo at this point.

Comment

• I felt bad for Angulo. He had a chance to pull off the upset. I saw a lot of flaws in Lara last night. His conditioning is suspect also. Angulo is slow as molasses but still made the fight competitive. This should have been an easy win for Lara.

Comment

• Originally posted by Basco View Post
                    On the contrary little grasshopper! If anything, he proved a lot of things last night! He also showed some flaws but in general, he graduated with honors!
                    Proved what that a slow flat footed slugger can walk him down.

Comment

Stop with the Lara BS !! Angulo was beating him up and had him hurt, and knocked him down twice but Lara, like the coward he is, began hugging instead of fighting. Angulo had a broken orbital bone, that changed the fight. Lara would have also stopped fighting had he had a broken orbital bone. Laraīs chin is not like Chavezīs.
                      Please tell me you're joking. Did you watch the fight? Lara didn't clinch once! And Landy's a coward? You call rising from the canvass twice to eventually stop a relentless warrior cowardly? One more question: Who caused Angulo's broken orbital bone and forced him to (understandably) quit? Get a clue.

Comment

Working...
                      X