Lucas Mattysse is hands down the hardest puncher @ 140lb I've ever seen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
    Kostya Tszyu?

If Lucas dusts off Garcia in a few rounds, I think he might have an argument.
    That WILL happen.

Comment

What!?

I guess you missed out on Tszyu and Delahoya, Pryor, Pacquiao, etc.
      Last edited by bravestone; 05-19-2013, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Ever is an argument I haven't done the proper research for. That said Lucas has more power than anybody at 140 or 147.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
          I wonder if lucas could dent rios' chin rios is a straight up neandrathal, if lucas could KO rios I will fully agree with you lol
          Lucas knock down Rios in sparring I have understood

Comment

u
            Originally posted by bravestone View Post
            What!?

At 140 he is a bigger puncher than Pac. Not sure how he fares vs Oscar's left hook since Oscar was pretty big but he seems to be up there with Tszyu and Pryor and against top opponents. He belongs and only time will tell if he's a bigger puncher or not.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
              His power is devastating, but fact is he didn't KO Zab or Devon

At 140 he is the most hard hitting boxer, I don't think he wud fair well at 147 though, power wud not be enough.

Lemont has been KD by Khan, so we already knew he would not take a punch from Lucas
              Zab Judah was his first step-up fight and he gave him way too much respect, even still he floored Judah and should have earned a decision.

To Alexander's credit he's got a hell of a chin and coincidentally has only hit the canvas against Lucas.

Those two fights have also made Mattysse the machine he is today as he's making judges irrelevant in his bouts.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
                u

At 140 he is a bigger puncher than Pac. Not sure how he fares vs Oscar's left hook since Oscar was pretty big but he seems to be up there with Tszyu and Pryor and against top opponents. He belongs and only time will tell if he's a bigger puncher or not.
                Matthysse didnt even stop Judah so it's hard to be hyped about him at this weight

Comment

Originally posted by bravestone View Post
                  What!?

Oscar hardly had any fights at 140, Pacquaio had one against Hatton.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                    Oscar hardly had any fights at 140, Pacquaio had one against Hatton.
                    Considering Matthysee and Delahoya are arguably the same size weight cutting, Oscar was far more devastating. Lets see Lucas go to 147 and drop the top dogs like Oscar did

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
                      Ever is an argument I haven't done the proper research for. That said Lucas has more power than anybody at 140 or 147.
                      really? He fights at 140 not at 147. A lot of times fighters who knock people out in one weight class are not able to do that anymore when they move up one weight class. So there is no way anybody can assess Matthysse's power at welterweight. Actually there was one fight in which he fought at 145 and guess what: the fight went the distance.

Comment

Working...
                      X