No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Malignaggi: I Asked for VADA, Got USADA & No Tests Yet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
    Well they're already taking hits, but nobody mainstream cares, because boxing is fringe and presumed dirty as hell. So as they say, you wrestle with pigs, you expect to get dirty. They can say, it's either limited disclosure or no testing at all. So work under constraints, at least you'll get to educate the fighters, better than nothing. Getting paid doesn't hurt.
    The problem with your theory is that VADA is much more vulnerable financially than USADA. USADA is much more stable financially.

You can even tell just from the little details, like visiting their websites. When you go to VADA (vada-testing.org) they have Paypal donation graphics on various pages, and a Shopping area to buy t-shirts, mugs, etc. There are no such things on USADA's website though (usada.org). They have the luxury of getting grants from the Federal government and so forth.

Comment

• Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
      The problem with your theory is that VADA is much more vulnerable financially than USADA. USADA is much more stable financially.

You can even tell just from the little details, like visiting their websites. When you go to VADA (vada-testing.org) they have Paypal donation graphics on various pages, and a Shopping area to buy t-shirts, mugs, etc. There are no such things on USADA's website though (usada.org). They have the luxury of getting grants from the Federal government and so forth.
      And yet their testing program is like 4 times cheaper or something. I wonder what the extra money buys you with USADA.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
        Yeah USADA is dirty.....they only test athletes across many different sports and brought down the biggest drug cheat in history.
        I keep hearing this as if big en****** (U.S banks, government, FBI) have never been caught in bed with the bad guys(cartels, mafia). So what if they brought down Lance Armstrong, ***** brought down bin laden, does that mean ***** isn't corrupt? So, *****(USADA) doesn't/wouldn't do favors for special interests(GBP) because he/they brought down Osama(Lance)?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
          They wouldn't care about boxing they would care about USADA being corrupt given all the athletes career they have messed with, it would be a HUGE story.

They would risk destroying them self over something so marginal, it doesn't even make sense.
          They use loops holes to avoid being "corrupted". They also seem have power to declare someone as cheating or not. They said Morales did not cheat because his 3rd sample was clean. But then 5 months later they said he cheated. What took 5 months for the investigation to be complete, and if it takes 5 months, why have testing at all?

I posted an article where an olympic athlete tested for the exact same drug Morales tested positive for. She was kicked out, suspended and then banned after failing 1 test. She was not allowed to have 3 samples tested like Morales who failed 2X.

If you dont see whats are wrong with what USADA had done in boxing, then you just seeing what u wanna see and in denial

Comment

• Malignaggi: "I Asked for VADA, Got USADA & No Tests Yet"

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to know that some hocus pocus is going in on behind closed doors. The "NO TESTS YET" is alarming, considering the fight is just a few weeks away.

Who would trust these clowns? Who would believe the results are true and honest?

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
              And yet their testing program is like 4 times cheaper or something. I wonder what the extra money buys you with USADA.
              You get a USADA t-shirt, mugs and a baseball cap

Comment

• After what USADA pulled with Qullin-Wright, I can see why people call them shady

Comment

• But hey, let the commission do their job

Comment

• Originally posted by Gera View Post
                    I keep hearing this as if big en****** (U.S banks, government, FBI) have never been caught in bed with the bad guys(cartels, mafia). So what if they brought down Lance Armstrong, ***** brought down bin laden, does that mean ***** isn't corrupt? So, *****(USADA) doesn't/wouldn't do favors for special interests(GBP) because he/they brought down Osama(Lance)?
                    The problem with your theory, like another poster, is that VADA is far more vulnerable financially than USADA. On VADA's website they have Paypal donation graphics all over the place, alone with an online store. With USADA, there is no such things available on their website. The lack of these things makes it harder for critics to accuse them with corruption allegations and helps deter conflicts of interest. VADA though does not enjoy the same financial luxury as USADA, so they HAVE to do what they have to do -- publicly asking for Paypal donations and selling items online.

Comment

• These testing agencies should be independent and funded by donations, not promoters and managers.

Comment

Working...
                      X