No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Malignaggi: I Asked for VADA, Got USADA & No Tests Yet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
    Maybe they're not doing anything unsavory, only what they must contractually. That is, have the promoter decide what to do with the results. They're just a testing agency, you can't expect them to deal with both promoters plus each and every state commission.

I mean, this is super simple: what does the promoter have to gain by a fighter testing positive, especially their own fighter? Who pays for the testing? The promoter.
    Whose reputation on the line for this coverup? USADA. I get what you saying i just dont buy into the whole USADA is corrupt for a sport.

Comment

for as long as it's regulated by fighters and promoters, additional testing in boxing is a joke because of the abscense of a 3rd party governing body. it's no different from the selection of judges and refs...would you leave that at the hands of fighters and promoters? hell no, there's just too much conflict of interests involve. same thing with drug testing...if fighters or promoters are self-regulating, it's flat out questionable and it doesn't matter who will conduct the test.
      Last edited by brick wall; 05-13-2013, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
        for as long as it's regulated by fighters and promoters, additional testing in boxing is a joke because of the abscense of a 3rd party governing body. it's no different from the selection of judges and refs...would you leave that at the hands of fighters and promoters? hell no, there's just too much conflict of interests involve. same thing with drug testing...if fighters or promoters are self-regulating, it's flat out questionable and it doesn't matter who will take the test.
        I agree with this. Just off the strength of the Promoters footing the bill, there is a conflict of interest. Ultimately, this is something that should be handled by the Commission -- where the Commission pays USADA and/or VADA. And the Promoters pay the Commission. Something along those lines to get rid of the conflict of interest.

Comment

VADA has been catching cheaters. It's understandable that these guys like Trout and Malignaggi want VADA. I don't understand why Schaefer insists on USADA when he is not the one who would show up in the ring. There's definitely something fishy going on that fans don't know about.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
            Whose reputation on the line for this coverup? USADA. I get what you saying i just dont buy into the whole USADA is corrupt for a sport.
            Well they're already taking hits, but nobody mainstream cares, because boxing is fringe and presumed dirty as hell. So as they say, you wrestle with pigs, you expect to get dirty. They can say, it's either limited disclosure or no testing at all. So work under constraints, at least you'll get to educate the fighters, better than nothing. Getting paid doesn't hurt.

Comment

Broner and Canelo fear VADA

Comment

Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
                Broner and Canelo fear VADA
                Canelo was tested by VADA last year you moron.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                  Well they're already taking hits, but nobody mainstream cares, because boxing is fringe and presumed dirty as hell. So as they say, you wrestle with pigs, you expect to get dirty. They can say, it's either limited disclosure or no testing at all. So work under constraints, at least you'll get to educate the fighters, better than nothing. Getting paid doesn't hurt.
                  They wouldn't care about boxing they would care about USADA being corrupt given all the athletes career they have messed with, it would be a HUGE story.

They would risk destroying them self over something so marginal, it doesn't even make sense.

Comment

Broner is looking too big and too lean for his jump to 147, something suss going on for sure, now no testing.... hmmmm

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                      They wouldn't care about boxing they would care about USADA being corrupt given all the athletes career they have messed with, it would be a HUGE story.

They would risk destroying them self over something so marginal, it doesn't even make sense.
                      I'm telling you there's no provable corruption. Maybe "impropriety", but that's the price you gotta pay to get into boxing, everybody knows that

Comment

Working...
                      X