Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Malignaggi: I Asked for VADA, Got USADA & No Tests Yet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only possible reason why testing is delayed and USADA is conducting the tests is because Broner is using peds. There's no other reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
      And yet their testing program is like 4 times cheaper or something. I wonder what the extra money buys you with USADA.
      The extra money goes towards the higher overhead costs that USADA has. USADA is a much bigger organization than VADA. They have much more overhead costs, a much bigger staff of employees, etc. They have a bigger reputation as well. All these things factor into the cost. The bigger the organization, the higher its operating costs are.

VADA doesn't have that same high overhead, have a much smaller staff, etc, so they can afford to offer a much cheaper deal. And that is the big advantage VADA has over USADA in the boxing game.

Comment

• Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
        The problem with your theory, like another poster, is that VADA is far more vulnerable financially than USADA. On VADA's website they have Paypal donation graphics all over the place, alone with an online store. With USADA, there is no such things available on their website. The lack of these things makes it harder for critics to accuse them with corruption allegations and helps deter conflicts of interest. VADA though does not enjoy the same financial luxury as USADA, so they HAVE to do what they have to do -- publicly asking for Paypal donations and selling items online.
        I dunno why that'd make them less trustworthy. I'd trust linux over microsoft any time

Comment

• Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
          The extra money goes towards the higher overhead costs that USADA has. USADA is a much bigger organization than VADA. They have much more overhead costs, a much bigger staff of employees, etc. They have a bigger reputation as well. All these things factor into the cost. The bigger the organization, the higher it's operating costs are.

VADA doesn't have that same high overhead, so they can afford to offer a much cheaper deal. And that is the big advantage VADA has over USADA in the boxing game.
          That's pork barrel politics, or graft if so inclined. GBP should stop wasting money on this window dressing, and pay guys like p4p Mares a proper champ's wage.

Comment

I dunno why that'd make them less trustworthy. I'd trust linux over microsoft any time
            It doesn't make them less trustworthy. It only makes them more vulnerable to corruption because they aren't as strong financially. The temptation is stronger. I doubt VADA would fall to corruption though. They are legit.

Comment

• Since I joined this site i've been telling ya'll USADA is a joke..gotten a ton red K behind it. Yet like the phoenix here we are again with another unexplainable situation courtesy of GBP and USADA. I've competed, the people who collect samples don't make a ton of money and just like building inspectors if the envelope is thick enough they'll look the other way. I've competed here in the states and in Switzerland..the difference in testing between here and there is alarmingly far apart in seriousness.

Comment

That's pork barrel politics, or graft if so inclined. GBP should stop wasting money on this window dressing, and pay guys like p4p Mares a proper champ's wage.
                The difference in overhead costs are pure facts. Go visit USADA's headquarters and then go visit VADA and you'll see such a huge difference. Both USADA and VADA are non-profit organizations also, they depend on grants, donations, and fees. USADA costs more because they are just so much bigger.

I do agree with you that Golden Boy is wasting more money using USADA though.

Comment

• According to FightHype Broner and his handlers were literally ready to stop the fight if Paulie insisted on VADA testing. That's crazy, what's there to hide? Cancel a fight simply because you can't choose the testing agency?? Wow.

Comment

• If I were Paul Malignaggi, I'll let them cancel the fight and move on. Let's see what happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cgarcia View Post
                      If I were Paul Malignaggi, I'll let them cancel the fight and move on. Let's see what happens.
                      LOL. If you were Paulie, you'd still go on with the fight too! He's not turning down a million dollar plus payday. You and almost everyone on this board who is not already a millionaire, would sign up to fight Adrien Broner without any drug testing, if they were gonna get a million dollar plus payday too.

Comment

Working...
                      X