No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Thompson Vows To Destroy Fury vs. Price Showdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WladimirK View Post
    Price will get rid of the tiger faster than Wlad managed.. early KO. Thompson is just coming for another payday
    I agree.

Its not that Thomson lost against Klitschko...its the way he lost, he hardly did anything from the get go. He also talked a lot of smack for that fight. I thought he would give more than he got and I was wrong. If he was serious one would have expected him to fight Klitschko like there was no tomorrow...Here would be a chance to rise from the ashes, become a possible great with a few more wins, a little more primetime (Heavies can fight into their 40's) and even rule the roost. The effort he gave was not even lackluster.

So why should he give any more against Price? I mean is looking at this psychologically....whats his motivation? to become a great gatekeeper? No, he is full of it....He won't do **** against Price. His Waterloo has come and passed with that last Klitschko fight and Thomson is no dope...he knows that to be true.

Comment

Price doesn't go for early KOs, he boxes until he has you hurt and then he puts his foot on the gas. He could've had the likes of Sexton out in a couple if he wanted to but he's not reckless. He'll box Thompson and when he has him wobbled, he'll go in for the kill. Either that or Thompson eats a big right hand and doesn't stay on his feet to wobble.

Furthest Price has been is 7 and he didn't look too bad stamina wise, he looks a fit man for his size. I really hope Thompson is the man to take him the distance but I don't see it.

What's up with all this old man bullshit too? It appears to be posters just being sheep and uttering what the last man said without any real understanding.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
        I agree.

Its not that Thomson lost against Klitschko...its the way he lost, he hardly did anything from the get go. He also talked a lot of smack for that fight. I thought he would give more than he got and I was wrong. If he was serious one would have expected him to fight Klitschko like there was no tomorrow...Here would be a chance to rise from the ashes, become a possible great with a few more wins, a little more primetime (Heavies can fight into their 40's) and even rule the roost. The effort he gave was not even lackluster.

So why should he give any more against Price? I mean is looking at this psychologically....whats his motivation? to become a great gatekeeper? No, he is full of it....He won't do **** against Price. His Waterloo has come and passed with that last Klitschko fight and Thomson is no dope...he knows that to be true.
        There is a huge difference between Wlad and Price both experience wise and psychologically. Wlad had already beaten him up and was/is around his best while Thompson was just 6 years older than before. Against Price he will at least have the 1 advantage of experience.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
          Price doesn't go for early KOs, he boxes until he has you hurt and then he puts his foot on the gas. He could've had the likes of Sexton out in a couple if he wanted to but he's not reckless. He'll box Thompson and when he has him wobbled, he'll go in for the kill. Either that or Thompson eats a big right hand and doesn't stay on his feet to wobble.

Furthest Price has been is 7 and he didn't look too bad stamina wise, he looks a fit man for his size. I really hope Thompson is the man to take him the distance but I don't see it.

What's up with all this old man bullshit too? It appears to be posters just being sheep and uttering what the last man said without any real understanding.
          Why is this? I'd much rather see Price get the big KO and make a statement to the division than to last the 12 rounds and get a mediocre reception from fans.

I'm predicting an early to mid round KO by Price. This guy starts fast, has a lot of firepower and his last two opponents have been southpaws (albeit not good ones).

Comment

Thomson CAN pull this off but its more about what Price does or doesnt do then what Thompson does or doesnt do. Thompson has a ton of experience and a very awkward style at times.... if price is patient and breaks Tony down in the first 3-4 rounds... the KO will come... BUT if Price underestimates Thomson and makes a lot of mistakes, Thompson CAN pull off a UD..... But to be clear, IMO price will be ready for what Tony has and will KO Thompson mid rounds

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
              Why is this? I'd much rather see Price get the big KO and make a statement to the division than to last the 12 rounds and get a mediocre reception from fans.

I'm predicting an early to mid round KO by Price. This guy starts fast, has a lot of firepower and his last two opponents have been southpaws (albeit not good ones).
              Only Harrison was a southpaw. I think Price has had trouble with southpaws in the amateurs too. Price going the distance with Thompson will answer questions on his stamina and probably a good indication of his chin.

I'd rather Price last 12 against someone like Thompson before he steps up against the real contenders of this division and ends up in deep water.

Comment

Video for y'all.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                  That guy is an idiot, he make ******ed claims he can never back up and than gets all pissy when he's called on it.

As far as Thompson goes....Price should handle him, but there's a big gap in experience here. It wouldn't shock me if Tony gets the upset, but that would just magnify how crappy the division is. I'm rooting for Price and hoping the heavyweight division gets out of the funk its been in.
                  lol at this turd hyping Thompson

Comment

thompson is the slowest man on earth! thompson is jealous of valuev's handspeed! stupid fight price ko 1. bet your house.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post

In 12 out of his 15 pro fights he's stopped his opponent inside 4 rounds. That's not early?

Comment

Working...
                      X