Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Thompson Vows To Destroy Fury vs. Price Showdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thompson isn't here to get involved in a thriller. He'll just come out spoiling, looking to draw mistakes, and the interest lies in how Price will go about the job of opening him up. It could be dull early on if the Brit adopts a patient approach in what is a definite step-up fight for him but Price has real belief in himself now and I expect he'll be turning on the heat by round three. If Tony can't hurt him - and I don't know that David's chin is as dodgy as some claim - I foresee another spectacular KO win for Price even though he might have to work a bit harder for it this time.

Comment

Price has proven sweet **** all so far with the bums he's beaten.

Thompson isn't a bum, so we'll see what Price is made of if a challenge arises.

Still, Thompson is 41, so even if Price wins impressively, he still needs to quit fighting boxing's senior citizens, unless he's lining up James Toney next.

Comment

Thompson is garbage. Price better flatten him

Comment

Originally posted by WladimirK View Post
          Price is a bit of a KO artist (at least vs older men), and the tiger is not exactly iron chinned. Price by KO.
          the only guy who has knocked him down is wladimir klitschko & it took punch accumilation. i'm not sure where you get the idea he can't take a punch. he really hasn't taken on any big punchers but wladimir. he is 41 & that is what is the issue. thompson isn't exactly fast like a tiger but he's got some skill & he is a big southpaw. in my opinion thompson never beat any legit contenders in his career. he is a fringe contender at best but he is by far price's biggest step yet. too bad thompson is 41. i hope he tests price's chin...

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
            the only guy who has knocked him down is wladimir klitschko & it took punch accumilation. i'm not sure where you get the idea he can't take a punch. he really hasn't taken on any big punchers but wladimir. he is 41 & that is what is the issue. thompson isn't exactly fast like a tiger but he's got some skill & he is a big southpaw. in my opinion thompson never beat any legit contenders in his career. he is a fringe contender at best but he is by far price's biggest step yet. too bad thompson is 41. i hope he tests price's chin...
            the tiger can't take big blows like Wlad hands out, so he won't take Price's either

Comment

Originally posted by The Nephilim View Post
              I wouldn't count on that. Even at 41, Thompson is a HUGE step up for Price.

We'll see how he does. A Thompson win wouldn't shock me. Losing to Wlad doesn't mean he's a mug.
              I have never said Thompson was a mug. I believe he's a solid top 15 hw. But Price goes for the KO from the first round. His power is so vast, that virtually anyone he will meet outside the top 6-7, will go down early.

Comment

Exactly. And Price hits just as hard as Wladimir. It's just about landing.

Comment

Tony Thompson was a very good heavyweight when he fought Waldimir at age 36 in July 2008 and gave the champion a good fight, but Thompson didn't put up much resistance in the 2012 match and looked old.

The current age 41 Thompson will be KOed by Price.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                    Tony Thompson was a very good heavyweight when he fought Waldimir at age 36 in July 2008 and gave the champion a good fight, but Thompson didn't put up much resistance in the 2012 match and looked old.

The current age 41 Thompson will be KOed by Price.
                    It is hard to tell where Thompson is based off the 2nd Klitschko performance.

I don't think he is as bad as he showed. I believe him shutting down mentally was the culprit more than physical decline.

This is a 12 round fight and Price really does not have many rounds under his belt. Couple that with Thompson's high guard and Price's desire to score an early KO and we could have a fight that gets interesting if it gets past 6 rounds. Thompson is good at fighting at a measured pace and he puts punches together well on the inside for such a tall guy. Could be a problem for Price if he tires and can't control the distance.

Comment

That guy is an idiot, he make ******ed claims he can never back up and than gets all pissy when he's called on it.

As far as Thompson goes....Price should handle him, but there's a big gap in experience here. It wouldn't shock me if Tony gets the upset, but that would just magnify how crappy the division is. I'm rooting for Price and hoping the heavyweight division gets out of the funk its been in.

Comment

Working...
                      X