Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Mayweather ever fight an opponent we really want him to?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
    I've seen many fighters lose and in that loss their stock went up. Seen fighters win and stock went down...Floyd is a fan base fighter. He really dont have a big fan base. He likes to fight people who have countries behind them. Better for PPV! Doesn't make him a better fighter. Doesn't mean the fighter with the huge fan base is the best fighter out there! Or most deserving!
    Floyd is undefeated because he fights less and his opponents are cherry picked. Not to mention he retired when the WW division heated up and he had no more outs. He had to retire and wait. So he did and out of everyone he came back and fought a LW. Just because JMM fought Manny @ 130lbs once before. So he fights him at WW and outweighed him..lol! Again...making excuses that the fighters he could have fought was not his doing....thats just ******ed!
    Its not just Manny fans who want him to fight Sergio or Canelo and so on. Its Boxing fans in general. Im a Manny fan and know that A fight with Sergio will never happen. But why wouldnt anyone want to see that fight?
    in part you are correct. floyd, pre odh, didn't have a huge fanbase. which is why shane and odh and kosta blew him off. Then he got the HBO deal and got his stock up beating corrales and gatti in oustanding fashion. then he blew the roof off 24/7 and helped make it the largest selling fight in boxing history. then he beat ODH at 154. then when you said he wouldn't, he toyed with Hatton and emasculated shane. so he's made you eat your words for years now and you just can't get over it.

of course I want to see sergio and floyd fight. you want to see it because you think will win because he is much bigger and one of the 2 or 3 best in the world. I hope they fight at 160 so floyd can make you guys eat it once more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
      in part you are correct. floyd, pre odh, didn't have a huge fanbase. which is why shane and odh and kosta blew him off. Then he got the HBO deal and got his stock up beating corrales and gatti in oustanding fashion. then he blew the roof off 24/7 and helped make it the largest selling fight in boxing history. then he beat ODH at 154. then when you said he wouldn't, he toyed with Hatton and emasculated shane. so he's made you eat your words for years now and you just can't get over it.
      So true.... lol

of course I want to see sergio and floyd fight. you want to see it because you think will win because he is much bigger and one of the 2 or 3 best in the world. I hope they fight at 160 so floyd can make you guys eat it once more.
      The problem is, Martinez is the new Mosley. According to cowards like the pacstans, before the fight, Floyd is supposed to be scared to death and would NEVER ever fight such a threat. After the fight, Floyd is coward because he cherry picked an old man and never takes on any threats, young lions or fighters that we want to see him fight etc...

Comment

• Floyd has fought quite a few fighters that I have wanted him to fight but its not at the right time. Its once they are past prime, beaten up after wars.
        Fact is you cant please them all and every single opponent will have some bs reason or triangle theory why the fight didnt take place

Right now is agreat time for him to take on Martinez at 154
        Fighting Trout at 154 makes sense
        fighting Bradley at 147 makes sense too
        but we are most likey going to get the ghost then canelo then a rematch with JMM
        that to me isnt enough.

Comment

:WORD: Oscar sold 24/7. He was the name. Floyd was just a undefeated fighter that the Main attraction was fighting. Anyone fighting Ocar was getting paid. And it was a split decision win...He didnt live up to his hype. And he didnt make Oscar look bad. And he ducked the rematch.
          Hatton got a gift win at 147 with Collozo. And after that fight he said he would never fight at 147 again! It was his first trip up and he was handled by Collozo. That was music to Floyd. Rick has an amazing following and if at 147 a Collozo could handle him..imagine what Floyd could do. hmmmmm So what happens..Rick has two fights after Collozo at 140 and wins convincingly. The Floyd offers a fight ...BUT @ 147lbs... where Ricky is bad at. lol Are you that credulous ? I guess he did toy with him. :WORD: No credit !
          Shane.....lmfao.....years later he fights an old ass SSM. 06-08 no way...ill wait until hes to old...both Floyd and Manny get no props.
          Yes i wanna see the Sergio fight because he will beat Floyd. Hes to much for him. Not that hes to big..because im sure Floyd would drain him. lol to 147.

Comment

• Originally posted by WESS View Post
            So true.... lol

The problem is, Martinez is the new Mosley. According to cowards like the pacstans, before the fight, Floyd is supposed to be scared to death and would NEVER ever fight such a threat. After the fight, Floyd is coward because he cherry picked an old man and never takes on any threats, young lions or fighters that we want to see him fight etc...
            The problem wiht your post Wess is that Floyd is scared not of any fighter but of actually losing to an elite fighter so he waits until he feels he has all the advantages. Floyd has not taken a real risk since the Corrales beat down and we saw the results of that fight.
            Floyd will wait until Martinez is older and slower and maybe he will fight him but he would be more satisfied taking on JMM in May 2014.
            Floyd is an awesome talent but he never tests that talent
            he doesnt make fighters look ordinary he fights ordinary fighters dont get it confused man

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
              The problem wiht your post Wess is that Floyd is scared not of any fighter but of actually losing to an elite fighter so he waits until he feels he has all the advantages. Floyd has not taken a real risk since the Corrales beat down and we saw the results of that fight.
              Floyd will wait until Martinez is older and slower and maybe he will fight him but he would be more satisfied taking on JMM in May 2014.
              Floyd is an awesome talent but he never tests that talent
              he doesnt make fighters look ordinary he fights ordinary fighters dont get it confused man
              you have to ignore Wess. All he does is agrees with others. Hes a cowardly bum poster. :WORD: Its not his fault though. Some are just less fortunate!

Comment

no, people asked if manny would answer sergio's calling him out same as you asked if floyd would.
                In your opinion manny has had a tough resume. He's beaten a ton of guys he was 3-1 or better favorite against. How hard is that? Same thing floyd has done, but when he does it it aint a big deal.

No matter how you minimize floyd or lowball his ranking, it doesn't change reality. Floyd's still on top and manny is medically suspended because he got KTFO by a LW moving up to 147.
                I recall many Floyd fanboys urging Pac to fight Sergio so stop kidding yourself that Floyd is unique or something, you are so deluded.
                Pacs beat a ton of guys he favourite against cos Pac is great, and he fights a lot of these tough challenges regulary and not take long breaks like Floyd. Bigg Dunn you knew i would reply like this so why leave yourself open? Its no big deal Floyd beating challengers as he dont do it often!!!!!!!!!

You really are a butt hurt Floyd fan arent you with all this critiscm floyd gets, and you deal with it by menioning Pac being Ko'ed every post you make, like your scared people will forget it You are so happy Pac lost, in the hope Floyd gets the credit for JMM beating Pac arent you. Dont be deluded once again. Also Floyd dont have to fight pac now does he you are so greatful. Also no matter how many times you mention Pac being koed by JMM it wont stop Pac being more highly regarded historically compared to Floyd.
                Pac fights, that what fans like about fighters, not boxers who fight as less as they can get away with to protect their zero.
                Last edited by hugh grant; 01-28-2013, 06:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by boxingfan4life View Post
                  it doesnt matter if floyd would have fought margarito or pacquaio because excuses would have been made as to how he won in the first place. floyd has never gotten credit for his wins so why would these two be any different. when he beat castillo, corrales, hatton, de la hoya, mosley, ortiz, cotto, marquez, and judah there was always an excuse. and out of those names i say only 2 of them (de la hoya and mosley) were shot at the time. and for the smaller fighters accusation, are you serious? champions fight guys coming up in weight all the time. when he went up in weight and won titles was he not the smaller man in that situation. no on criticized those fighters so why criticize floyd. it seems that no one else gets criticized for fighting smaller guys besides mayweather.

i also say it wasnt all floyds fault that the pacquiao fight didnt happen. people seem to forget that in the initial negotiations floyd agreed to all of pacquiaos terms. all he asked in return was for both of them to go through olympic style drug tesing. pacquaio made every excuse from fear of weakness (really?), and to phobia of needles (doesnt he have tattoos?). everybody seems to have forgotten about that. i'm wondering why people are still talking about pac and floyd. if they were to fight and floyd wins people will just use his loss to marquez as an excuse for the victory. they would say that he didnt fight a prime manny, but mayweather is no longer in his prime either so it would be even. but just like any other victory excuses will be made. if he fights guerrero in may and wins people will say floyd picked on a smaller guy again, even though guerrero just beat the **** out of berto who is a legit welterweight. also he will become one dimensional and not a good figher all of sudden even though fans begged for the matchup. if canelo wins the undercard he will fight floyd in september. if floyd wins canelo will become an underated one-dimensional fighter which would have contributed to the win.

the point im making is floyd will never get the credit he deserves for his victories so who he fights or didnt fight doesnt matter.
                  I stopped reading your post after the bit that's bolded.

Comment

• Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                    you have to ignore Wess. All he does is agrees with others. Hes a cowardly bum poster. :WORD: Its not his fault though. Some are just less fortunate!
                    lol such irony coming from you. Don't make me embarrass you again little child.

Comment

• Originally posted by WESS View Post
                      lol such irony coming from you. Don't make me embarrass you again little child.
                      you never had. Never will Nor can you!

Comment

Working...
                      X