Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Mayweather ever fight an opponent we really want him to?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
    I'm not interested in excuses. I'm not interested in who is to blame. I'm also not interested in your constant defending of floyd! Those were the best fights to be made, those were the fights I and a lot of other people wanted to see.
    your not interested in why the fights didn't happen because it doesn't support your answer that "floyd fights the guy who is the least risk to his 0 for the most cash." from your original post.

at least provide something honest to back up your answer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
      you wanted to see floyd fight 3 top rank fighters at a time when he and top ank's owner were involved in a lawsuit over unpaid royalties and you conclude the reason they didn't fight is because floyd fights the guy who is the least risk.

Martinez, the MW champ has a fight signed in Argentina april. Floyd has a fight on May 4th which appears to be a ww title defense. and you conclude the reason they are not fighting now is because floyd wont take any risks.

The facts don't support your conclusions.

Sergio would dump any fight to fight floyd in a millisecond.

Comment

your not interested in why the fights didn't happen because it doesn't support your answer that "floyd fights the guy who is the least risk to his 0 for the most cash." from your original post.

at least provide something honest to back up your answer.
        look at the thread title. " Will Mayweather ever fight an opponent we really want him to?"

i listed some fights that i really wanted to see. end of story.

Comment

• Floyd has too casual approach to the sport of boxing to ever give fans the fights when he should give them. By the time Floyd is ready to go, the chance or opportunity has been missed.
          But thats common knowledge and nothing new. FLoyds opponents have their own career to think about, and cant read FLoyds mind and cant wait for FLoyd forever.
          Its ok for Floyd isnt it, the guy who dont fight and has all the time in the world, Floyds peers have to think about their next fight to put food on the table for their kids.

Comment

• He fought one person I was desperate for to be taken out Ricky overhyped Hatton, and he took him out in style via the Ring post, for that I would ever be grateful.

Comment

look at the thread title. " Will Mayweather ever fight an opponent we really want him to?"

i listed some fights that i really wanted to see. end of story.
              all you did was list the 3 TR fights that had no chance of happening given the time period. to use that as your reasoning is ******ed.

If you are honest, he fought cotto, so he gave you a fight you wanted, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                Sergio would dump any fight to fight floyd in a millisecond.
                a fair assumption but not a fact walt.

Comment

all you did was list the 3 TR fights that had no chance of happening given the time period. to use that as your reasoning is ******ed.

Yes but not the first choice opponent thats all. We wanted Pac first so he didnt deliver. If not Pac, Sergio.....no delivery again. If no Sergio....Bradley perhaps, he was unbeaten after and not Pacs used goods. Maybe Canelo after that.
                  So Cotto was fifth choice at best.

Comment

did you not see the bit that said end of story?!!!!

had no chance of happening? isnt floyd his own boss?!

no, i wanted to see the cotto fight when floyd beat hatton and cotto beat mosley. 2 undefeated stars at the top of their game. thats when i wanted to see it. it was an ok fight still in 2012 but wasnt what i was aking for. he had been chinned twice by then.

Comment

did you not see the bit that said end of story?!!!!

had no chance of happening? isnt floyd his own boss?!

no, i wanted to see the cotto fight when floyd beat hatton and cotto beat mosley. 2 undefeated stars at the top of their game. thats when i wanted to see it. it was an ok fight still in 2012 but wasnt what i was aking for. he had been chinned twice by then.
                      floyd at that time, I don't believe he was.

so, as I said, you choose fights that had no chance of happening. as soon as cotto left TR, the floyd fight was made. I would think this fact alone would be enough for you to reconsider the conclusions in your original post.

Comment

Working...
                      X