Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Mayweather ever fight an opponent we really want him to?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
    The problem wiht your post Wess is that Floyd is scared not of any fighter but of actually losing to an elite fighter so he waits until he feels he has all the advantages. Floyd has not taken a real risk since the Corrales beat down and we saw the results of that fight.
    Floyd will wait until Martinez is older and slower and maybe he will fight him but he would be more satisfied taking on JMM in May 2014.
    Floyd is an awesome talent but he never tests that talent
    he doesnt make fighters look ordinary he fights ordinary fighters dont get it confused man
    Just a **** post unless you are referring to the JMM fight where FLoyd dominated the man that just destroyed Pac at the very same weight.

On top of that Floyd is old as ****, you act like waiting actually benefits him. Both Martinez and Floyd are closer to 40 than 30. Remember, Pac said no to a nearly 40 year old Mosley. The same Mosley that FLoyd was supposed to be all scared of. yet people want to cry about the man that actually fought Mosley? lol That's just funny.

Also, there is a reason he's the #1 WW, #1 JMW, #1 P4P on nearly all respectable boxing sites and no matter how much people hate, it won't change the fact. Now should he be #1 P4P, not IMO as that belongs to Ward. With Martinez on deck and Floyd sitting at #3 while JMM is tapping him on the shoulder and Donair is take his blood tests at #5.

Comment

• Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
      you never had. Never will Nor can you!
      lol... ok son.

Comment

• Why would he start now?

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Demon View Post
          Why would he start now?
          :AOR: 173 post...this say it all! ^^^

Comment

• Yall wanted him to fight Mosley and he did.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
              Yall wanted him to fight Mosley and he did.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
                Yall wanted him to fight Mosley and he did.
                Hoya, Hatton, Mosley and Cotto if you wanted to be perfectly honest.

Comment

Comment

:WORD: Oscar sold 24/7. He was the name. Floyd was just a undefeated fighter that the Main attraction was fighting. Anyone fighting Ocar was getting paid. And it was a split decision win...He didnt live up to his hype. And he didnt make Oscar look bad. And he ducked the rematch.
                    Hatton got a gift win at 147 with Collozo. And after that fight he said he would never fight at 147 again! It was his first trip up and he was handled by Collozo. That was music to Floyd. Rick has an amazing following and if at 147 a Collozo could handle him..imagine what Floyd could do. hmmmmm So what happens..Rick has two fights after Collozo at 140 and wins convincingly. The Floyd offers a fight ...BUT @ 147lbs... where Ricky is bad at. lol Are you that credulous ? I guess he did toy with him. :WORD: No credit !
                    Shane.....lmfao.....years later he fights an old ass SSM. 06-08 no way...ill wait until hes to old...both Floyd and Manny get no props.
                    Yes i wanna see the Sergio fight because he will beat Floyd. Hes to much for him. Not that hes to big..because im sure Floyd would drain him. lol to 147.
                    Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                    you have to ignore Wess. All he does is agrees with others. Hes a cowardly bum poster. :WORD: Its not his fault though. Some are just less fortunate!
                    you never had. Never will Nor can you!
                    :AOR: 173 post...this say it all! ^^^
                    Nice to see Boxingscene promote the use of contraceptives.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                      floyd at that time, I don't believe he was.

so, as I said, you choose fights that had no chance of happening. as soon as cotto left TR, the floyd fight was made. I would think this fact alone would be enough for you to reconsider the conclusions in your original post.
                      To the contrary. It re-affirmed my position and I will do what you say. That is, back it up!!!

Nope that proves that all he wanted to do in 2012 is take 1 fight where he would get maximum $$$ for little risk. Cotto fit that perfectly!

Floyd said in several interviews but one stood out the most. It was in late 2011 I believe. Floyd said, there was no point in fighting Cotto. The reason was that Cotto was just a flat-footed fighter who had been thru several wars and lost. Cotto probably lost to Clottey as well. He also said if he fights this version of Cotto, boxing fans would criticize him for taking the fight.

Fast forward to early 2012. Floyd signs contract to fight Cotto.
                      Floyd forgets everything he said previously about that previous interviews and says, Cotto is a great fighter who should be considered undefeated!

Like we are telling you, Floyd is always looking to protect that "0" and make some money in return while his poor diehard fans continue to sink with their excuses!

Comment

Working...
                      X