Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Floyd fight Sergio Martinez in September?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Martinez just wants smaller guys that bring money period! I mean to want PAC when PAC naturally is probably a lww , Martinez clearly said he ain't going up to 168 let alone 175. I gotta agree Floyd don't get out of his comfort zone much but Martinez picking on smaller guys is shameful hell probably want Marquez next Floyd was also wrong to pick on Marquez he he was a lw, I see no difference between may and Martinez.

Comment

Originally posted by Julious_cesar View Post
      Martinez just wants smaller guys that bring money period! I mean to want PAC when PAC naturally is probably a lww , Martinez clearly said he ain't going up to 168 let alone 175. I gotta agree Floyd don't get out of his comfort zone much but Martinez picking on smaller guys is shameful hell probably want Marquez next Floyd was also wrong to pick on Marquez he he was a lw, I see no difference between may and Martinez.
      Look at martinez's match history, always fought boxers bigger than him

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        I don't agree. I think he can make 154. Besides, if we're using that logic then they shouldn't fight at all. Floyd can't even get to 154 so the idea of making the fight at 160 would make him ineffective as well, especially at 36.
        Its easier to go up in weight than down, and Floyd doesnt have to be 160, he can come in at whatever weight he feels he can be most effective at. Its a massive ask, but this guy harps on about greatness and greatness in this sport is about taking on massive challenges. I would fancy his chances more than I did Leonards against Hagler.

Comment

mayweather vs martinez is the biggest fight that can be made in boxing, but sergio is fighting chavez jr again in september courtesy of top rank

Comment

Floyd fighting a top 10 guy........blaheheheheheheheheeeee:WORD:

Comment

Complete landslide poll. Everyone wants to see Floyd fight Martinez. Let's see if Floyd is willing.

Comment

Mayweather fighting him at 160 would be great.

Or 154.

Comment

Originally posted by Julious_cesar View Post
                  Ummmm...why you jocking my profile pic, brah?

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
                    Complete landslide poll. Everyone wants to see Floyd fight Martinez. Let's see if Floyd is willing.
                    Won't happen. Although I'd love to be proven wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Digital Hu$tler View Post
                      Oscar De La Hoya

And why does Floyd have to fight someone significantly bigger than him whats wrong with fight guys in your weight class?
                      Because they realize the most likely way he loses in the foreseeable future is by fighting someone with a significant size advantage over him. Which is why people are advocating he fight Canelo next who has potential, but yet to prove anything against any significant competition over Guerrero who at least positioned himself for a fight.

I'd love to see it at 160(No chance). I'd only like to see it at 154 if Martinez can win a tuneup fight there and not look garbage doing it.
                      Last edited by Biolink; 12-12-2012, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X