Wladimir Klitschko vs. Alexander Povetkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr.Eisenfaust View Post
    Here are some approximative translations ( lack of time) :

Henry Maske : I would really enjoy watching a fight where Wladimir would get challenged for a long time. But I am very skeptical, I rather think that Wladimir will end the fight before the final bell considering the fact that he is superior in terms of athleticism. Povetkin was a very successful and intelligent Amateur, I put a lot of hope on him. But he couldn't confirm his level at the pro levee yet. On the contrary, it really disappoints me that Povetkin doesn't care about his shape, that's disrespectful towards the sport and the fans. Povetkin may prepare for this fight as hard as possible, I don't think he can change his situation in one fight.

Axel Schulz : Povetkin was in a bad shape during his last fights. It seems that after his success, he had a bad routine afterwards. The frequent trainers changement didn't do him good. He took some big shots from Huck, but what will happen when Wladimir will land his right hand? If nothing serious happens, Wladimir should win this fight.

Luan Krasniqi : Even an Alexander Povetkinn hasn't got the tools to beat a Wladimir. I can't imagine that at the best case ( Povetkin is responsible for that situation). Wladimir will try to keep the distance. Considering the fact that his power will diminish in the later rounds, I am betting on a knockout ( for WK).

Marco Huck : The Klitschkos have been dominating the division for years. Especially Wladimir Klitschko fights at a very high technical level and knows how to hide his weaknesses. He wasn't challenged during his last fights because his opponents didn't show heart. Povetkin will show up at his best shape on october the 5th and can be dangerous for Klitschko. As I already fought with Povetkin, I know he has the tools to beat Klitschko.

Dereck Chisora : It will be a good fight. i think that Wladimir has too much class and experience for his opponent.Whe should take a look at their records and who they fought. Klitschko is a level above. I can't see the fight getting past the 6th round.

Ruslan Chagaev : Wladimir's jab is like a missile, his right hand like a torpedo. With only a good technique you stand no chance against him. Povetkin has got a good amateur background and shows some heart. Povetkin stands a small chance if he fights at short distance and keeps marching on, no matter what happens. But if Wladimir is at 100%, Povetkin will have to be at 300% to have a chance. I don't want to give a prediction but I think the fight will end before the final bell.

Arthur Abraham : It's difficult to predict a fight between two former Olympic and World champions. Their respective form will show who the better of the two is. Povetkin is an all-round fighter, which was not the case of Wladimir's recent opponents. The question is if Wladimir can impose his physical dominance during the fight. If it's not the case, I see Povetkin as being the favorite.

Fritz Sdunek ( Vitali's trainer) : The fight has a high worth ( couldn't find any better translation). From what I've heard, both are very well prepared. Povetkin, who is under huge pressure, will begin the fight at a very high pace but Wladimir will control him with his jab. If he finds the right measure to land his right hand, he will knock out Povetkin. It could be around the 8th round.

Ulli Wegner : This fight will be almost determined at the mental level. I am more than sure that both will enter the ring in a tip top shape. Stylistically , Povetkin will give to the younger Klitschko some troubles. Furthermore, he has the public rooting for him. With the right game plan, Povetkin might win on points.

Tobias Drews ( RTL expert and commentator) : I am excepting a high-paced fight from Povetkin and that could put him in front of the scorecards after the first 6 rounds. But at the middle of the fight Klitschko will increasingly land his right hand and will put the Challenger in trouble. At the end Klitschko will win via TKO in the 10th-11th round.

Jack Culcay : To me, Klitschko is in his current form nearly unbeatable. If Povetkin comes out in a good shape he might go through the distance. But the winner at the end will be Wladimir Klitschko.

Robert Helenius : I think that Povetkin, with the right adjustments and the right strategy, can win beat klitschko. He is fast and knows how to put pressure. In case Povetkin shows his strengths, he might win before the final bell.

Kubrat Pulev : Two different styles are facing each other in this fight. Klitschko controls the distance nearly at perfection. Povetkin seeks to fight short and is, to me, the more mobile fighter.Of course Klitschko is the favorite but he never had to defend his title against a fighter such as Povetkin. In case Klitschko keeps the distance, Povetkin will get tired and Klitschko will win before the final bell. But if Povetkin uses his speed right and doesn't let Klitschko lay down on him, he has some real chances."

I apologize for the quick translation, but the main ideas are there. i totally agree with the fact that Povetkin's style will give Wladimir some troubles ( contrary to Vitali who would brutally smash Povetkin).

let the fight go on!
    Dieser Kampf hat einen hohen sportlichen Wert=this fight has a higher value in sports?

Comment

• i see a cautious start, and than ko/tk by 6-8 rounds.....oh by wlad ofcourse

Comment

• Originally posted by leff View Post
        Dieser Kampf hat einen hohen sportlichen Wert=this fight has a higher value in sports?
        You got it right!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr.Eisenfaust View Post
          You got it right!
          Mid to late Wlad KO

Comment

• The mental aspect will be a huge factor on the fight night I believe. We will see how mentally tough Dr.Steelhammer is. His brother will fight you anywhere. I wanna see how Wladimir will deal with the pressure.

I am hoping to see fireworks. I wanna see Wladimir hammering Povetkin. I am quite confident that the Heavyweight division has a lot more to offer. Wlad vs Fury and Wlad vs Pulev would be 2 very interesting fights.

Still, I believe Povetkin can give Wladimir some big problems. On October the 5th, Wladimir Klitschko will get mentally and physically challenged.

War Wladimir Klitschko!

Comment

• WAR Wladimir!

Comment

• Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                Who wins Klitshcko-Povetkin? Ask the experts
                Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                Continued...
                Damn. I'm not a fan of Povetkin's-don't like the guy-but to be honest the stuff I have been reading about him makes me feel like he's actually the most underrated heavyweight out there. I'm not saying he's great but what he's good at and what he has done seems to get totally ignored by a lot of fans and media people. The guy puts together terrific combinations. He's got an excellent left hook and overhand right. His hands are fast, his feet are fast. His chin is good, he's full of heart. In every fight that isn't the Huck fight his stamina has been great. I think he actually has a win over everyone he's stepped into the ring against including over a hundred amateur fights. He's had some crap nights but he's also been a proven winner in his entire career in boxing. The guy didn't stumble into this by accident. He knows what he's doing.

...But I still think Wlad brutalizes him lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoldenGloveLove View Post
                  Damn. I'm not a fan of Povetkin's-don't like the guy-but to be honest the stuff I have been reading about him makes me feel like he's actually the most underrated heavyweight out there. I'm not saying he's great but what he's good at and what he has done seems to get totally ignored by a lot of fans and media people. The guy puts together terrific combinations. He's got an excellent left hook and overhand right. His hands are fast, his feet are fast. His chin is good, he's full of heart. In every fight that isn't the Huck fight his stamina has been great. I think he actually has a win over everyone he's stepped into the ring against including over a hundred amateur fights. He's had some crap nights but he's also been a proven winner in his entire career in boxing. The guy didn't stumble into this by accident. He knows what he's doing.

...But I still think Wlad brutalizes him lol.
                  I totally agree with you when you say that Povetkin is totally underrated. Most importantly, Wladimir will have to be very focused and mentally tough.

I have a feeling that Wladimir will have to show new abilities in this fight. Maybe we will see him fighting on the inside. I expect to be more agressive than in the Wach fight.

When it comes to Povetkin, I would sincerely give him a chance to beat Pulev, Haye and Fury. I noticed in the Huck fight that Povetkin struggles when you are frequently changing the pace and the weapon that you use. I believe Banks and the Klitschkos understood this. Jab, jab , right wont be sufficient. And we all know how talented Wladimir is.

Povetkin likes one-sided fighters. Just imagine how he would deal with Vitali's right cross, left hook, straight right hand, half-hook half-uppercuts,body shots, reflexes, timing and right hook. I am nearly more than sure that Povetkin would get dismantled against a Vitali-type of fighter.

Does Wladimir fight like his brother? No. Can Wladimir bring other weapons to the table? Yes, definitely.

Comment

• I take it this is the RBR & for the undercards too?

Rather than make a new thread here is some pics from Rakhims open workout.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                      X