Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: “Fighting Words” – Does One Round Require a Rematch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
    As great as Mayweather is as a boxer/fighter, I have always felt like Sergio Martinez would be the first to beat him if they fought.
    Me and you are on the same page, If I could give more green k to you I would.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
      You guys? Trying so hard? He damn near finished Serg dun. I think either guy gets the ko in the rematch because Jr won't wait for Serg to tire. Serg could also plant more and do more damage. I want to see it again.
      He didn't and couldn't though and Sergio was right there throwing punches with him. That's like saying Mosley should get a rematch because it is possible for him to land that same punch even after getting dominated the whole fight. Chavez Jr got a good punch in but he got dominated the whole fight and couldn't finish the job like Mosley. What makes you think Chavez Jr would hit Sergio with the same punch in the rematch? Fighters/boxers get hit all the time but the key thing is that they get up and continue to fight and that's what Sergio Martinez did. Funny how people are giving Chavez Jr more props for "almost/didn't" than to Martinez for holding his own and doing his thing. It was made clear that Sergio and Chavez Jr are on different levels.

Comment

• It seems like the only way some people will be convinced is if Sergio makes Chavez's face cave in. I don't hate Jr. that much to see him get disfigured again. Had Sergio aimed more to the face than to the body, Jr would've needed Margarito-type surgery.

Comment

• Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
          He didn't and couldn't though and Sergio was right there throwing punches with him. That's like saying Mosley should get a rematch because it is possible for him to land that same punch even after getting dominated the whole fight. Chavez Jr got a good punch in but he got dominated the whole fight and couldn't finish the job like Mosley. What makes you think Chavez Jr would hit Sergio with the same punch in the rematch? Fighters/boxers get hit all the time but the key thing is that they get up and continue to fight and that's what Sergio Martinez did. Funny how people are giving Chavez Jr more props for "almost/didn't" than to Martinez for holding his own and doing his thing. It was made clear that Sergio and Chavez Jr are on different levels.
          Mosley didnt put Floyd down and nearly out. Bad comparison. Nobody is giving Jr more props than Martinez for the knockdown. Serg was as you say dominating, and Jr floored him and had him badly hurt. Sergs championship heart saved him.

Serg gets major props from me so I don't know wtf you're talking about. Different levels? Jr kept the pressure on for 11 rounds. Imo he started too late. Serg kept the incoming on which kept Jr off balance for most of the night, but you could see as early as round 10 where Jr starts to turn it up. Chavez round wise was out of the fight, but physically Jr wasn't.
          Last edited by Frank Ducketts; 09-17-2012, 03:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
            It seems like the only way some people will be convinced is if Sergio makes Chavez's face cave in. I don't hate Jr. that much to see him get disfigured again. Had Sergio aimed more to the face than to the body, Jr would've needed Margarito-type surgery.
            Stop overrating the situation, lmao.

Comment

• "does one round require a rematch" if pac/jmm can fight all day on ppv why not

Comment

• Sergio and Chavez aren't on the same level and anyone who says they are is an idiot. How the hell are you on the same level with a fighter that just dominated you.

Comment

Stop overrating the situation, lmao.

Luckily for Jr, Sergio came in with the game-plan to slow him down instead of KO'ing him. Chavez's left eye ain't nuthin to be proud of, and yes, I do think he was flirting with permanent damage. Chavez gotta improve on his defense.

Comment

Mosley didnt put Floyd down and nearly out. Bad comparison. Nobody is giving Jr more props than Martinez for the knockdown. Serg was as you say dominating, and Jr floored him and had him badly hurt. Sergs championship heart saved him.

Serg gets major props from me so I don't know wtf you're talking about. Different levels? Jr kept the pressure on for 11 rounds. Imo he started too late. Serg kept the incoming on which kept Jr off balance for most of the night, but you could see as early as round 10 where Jr starts to turn it up. Chavez round wise was out of the fight, but physically Jr wasn't.
                    Chavez Jr could not do anything period until Sergio started to bring it down a lil and still try to go for the KO when he didn't have to. Chavez Jr couldn't and didn't do nothing because of Martinez skill set and adaptability. Chavez Jr got dominated. Chavez Jr put Sergio down but so did Pavlik and Williams and both them guys got soundly beat. Sergio got up and fought Chavez Jr back until the bell rung. Jr had his shot and couldn't pull it off. Rematch will just make him look worst. We can bet points on it if it happens.

Comment

• just watched the fight again and there were times when Sergio Martinez stood and traded with the bigger Chavez so all this talk about Jr. constantly walking him down is BS. I actually have a theory on why it went down the way it went down. I think Jr. just doesn't know what the hell to do against an elite fighter. Maybe if he stopped training in his livingroom, learn how to cutt off a ring, and learn how to jab then he could actually do something because right now he's just getting away with crap because he's bigger.

Comment

Working...
                      X