Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao's 12/1 Demand: A Move To Land Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This fight's not happening this year.

Earliest will be next year. IF it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
      how do you know its 28 mil? have you seen his bank statement?

its what this fight is worth. thats what matters. and its worth alot more than 40 mil. you know that, you have said its a **** offer yourself.
      Fighters earnings are public record and have been posted on this board plenty of times.

Perhaps, to fully understand my point you have to take a macro view from manny's position rather than a micro one.

Manny has never earned $40 mil nor will he be able to with any opponent currently on the table. WHile manny would be getting a small share of the floyd fight, thats still significantly more than getting the lion's share of another fight. SO it really comes down to what Manny wants to be, well paid B side or less paid A side. Maybe Bob told manny he can't make $28 again with either tim or JMM.

And, despite my feelings about the offer, floyd (haymon) played this one real smart. He had options, Cotto, Canelo, that Manny doesn't have. Floyd used his leverage against Manny, the same way manny uses his against others. Floyd just was better at it because he is the bigger fighter.

Manny appears to have limited option to make the kind of money he expects to make. maybe the choices he has is $40 mil no ppv for floyd and $15-20 mil for jmm/tim. if thats the case, well that $40 mil looks right.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
        I completely agree, at this point Manny does not deserve anywhere near 50/50.
        When's the last time Manny's PPV #'s were released? That dude is slightly above Cotto right now, that's why they're hiding them.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
          Fighters earnings are public record and have been posted on this board plenty of times.

Perhaps, to fully understand my point you have to take a macro view from manny's position rather than a micro one.

Manny has never earned $40 mil nor will he be able to with any opponent currently on the table. WHile manny would be getting a small share of the floyd fight, thats still significantly more than getting the lion's share of another fight. SO it really comes down to what Manny wants to be, well paid B side or less paid A side. Maybe Bob told manny he can't make $28 again with either tim or JMM.

And, despite my feelings about the offer, floyd (haymon) played this one real smart. He had options, Cotto, Canelo, that Manny doesn't have. Floyd used his leverage against Manny, the same way manny uses his against others. Floyd just was better at it because he is the bigger fighter.

Manny appears to have limited option to make the kind of money he expects to make. maybe the choices he has is $40 mil no ppv for floyd and $15-20 mil for jmm/tim. if thats the case, well that $40 mil looks right.
          I think that's it right there. I get the feeling that is reason they pushed the fight back.

I think that floyd offer is looking good right now.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            When's the last time Manny's PPV #'s were released? That dude is slightly above Cotto right now, that's why they're hiding them.
            Good point. I think Margarito were the past official #'s released. We don't really know how many PPV's or PPV revenue was generated his last 3 fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn;12444232[SIZE="4"
              ]Fighters earnings are public record [/SIZE]and have been posted on this board plenty of times.

Whoever told you that is lying. Municipality is open record, not private sanctioning businesses. If they choose to display purses that is on the party, but NOT required to show to anyone except sanctioning bodies. Why else do you think idiots in here always are arguing "O he made this much, or he claims these numbers are real, but so and so is inflating". As for the money...the fact that its the most Manny has ever made is beyond ridiculous, and you failing to see the big picture. It works both ways...Floyd WILL NOT MAKE CLOSE TO WHAT HE WILL FIGHTING MANNY. If i was offered such a low ball offer like only 40 mil while my revenue generating is going to net you all likely close to 100 or more....yeah only an idiot whould take that offer. Just saying. I like both guys, but im not going to BS the story.

Comment

Anyone deep down really still want to see it? Can they really build this fight up and charge people 80 bucks HD for it?

I do however think a big angle is that I believe that one of them wont fight on after that fight. Somebodys retiring.

Comment

Why do people say they don't want to see it??? I know it's not worth getting hyped about, because you never know if it will happen.

But Floyd is coming off handily beating the #1 SWW in the world, a past prime-still good Cotto, while going up in weight. And Manny is coming off what should have been a comfortable decision win over a Top 10 P4P and unbeaten fighter at the time.

They are past prime-still good, and it's stilla huge fight until one of them really slips and starts losing to crappy fighters.

Comment

joke..

this fight is becoming more and more of a joke... i'ts not going to happen.. there's not enough interest in money's team, obviously cause of health reasons, fighting pacroid is a too dangerous for his health.. but beating up a women and going to jail for it isnt.. makes sence.. as for as for manny.. he needs to dump arum already.. and let TMT promote him.. ha ha.!!

if this fight happens, it would be a good early xmas gift for the boxing fans.. but highly doubt it though.. mayweather's new demands will be "i give him a flat fee of $28mil, i keep a % of his future fights, and OSDT, pluse 12oz gloves in a 30' ring, in vegas, with judges picked by TMT, he only gets 10 comped tickets, arum is not allowed to see the fight, blackout in the phillipines, $100 ppv cost, 50cent performs before and after the fight.. and roach cannot be in manny's corner"... manny's going to counter with "everything except all of the above.. and a 50/50 split".. mayweather will then say.. "he dont want the fight, i tried but he dont want it".. you'll see...

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                      Why do people say they don't want to see it??? I know it's not worth getting hyped about, because you never know if it will happen.

But Floyd is coming off handily beating the #1 SWW in the world, a past prime-still good Cotto, while going up in weight. And Manny is coming off what should have been a comfortable decision win over a Top 10 P4P and unbeaten fighter at the time.

They are past prime-still good, and it's stilla huge fight until one of them really slips and starts losing to crappy fighters.
                      Its losing its luster for me. Floyd beat up Cotto sure and yes Manny beat Bradley but I dont know man these dudes getting old. Floyd had an emotional jail breakdown, Manny didnt look all that great against Tim.

I just hope like hell that they have a classic fight at this point. Maybe I can trick myself into thinking that Manny has a chance.

Comment

Working...
                      X