Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao's 12/1 Demand: A Move To Land Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here we go again. Top Rank dropping Floyds name before they let the world know their going with Bradley.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      Saying Manny is coming off a win is like throwing splenda on a pile of horse dung. No need to sugarcoat. He's lost his last two bouts (one officially) so I'm not sure how that's the same as 2010. In fact it absolutely isn't.
      Manny didn't really lose to Bradley, not even close. And I'm a Bradley fan.

And Pac-Marquez III was a close fight, not a robbery. I'm saying Manny isn't that different a fighter than he was in 2010, the only difference was he was fighting Marquez, who he never looks good against, and Bradley, who no one looks good against. In 2010 he fought the human punching bag that night, in Clottey, and Margarito who just plods forward and stands in front of you all night. Big difference in terms of who he as fighting.

All I'm saying is they are still two of the Top fighters in the world, still good fighters, coming off good "wins" (yes Manny deserved to beat Top 10 P4P and unbeaten Bradley, only a fool thinks he didn't).

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post

And Pac-Marquez III was a close fight, not a robbery. I'm saying Manny isn't that different a fighter than he was in 2010, the only difference was he was fighting Marquez, who he never looks good against, and Bradley, who no one looks good against. In 2010 he fought the human punching bag that night, in Clottey, and Margarito who just plods forward and stands in front of you all night. Big difference in terms of who he as fighting.

All I'm saying is they are still two of the Top fighters in the world, still good fighters, coming off good "wins" (yes Manny deserved to beat Top 10 P4P and unbeaten Bradley, only a fool thinks he didn't).
        I'd say the same to anyone who thought Marquez didn't win the third fight with Pacquaio but to each it's own.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post

I thought he lost both fights close, although the Marquez decision didn't surprise me. I'll gladly be called a fool for thinking he lost the Bradley fight too. Gladly.

Anyway, getting back to what I was saying--this in NO WAY is comparable to the situation in 2010, when the fight was at its peak.

Comment

I thought he lost both fights close, although the Marquez decision didn't surprise me. I'll gladly be called a fool for thinking he lost the Bradley fight too. Gladly.

Anyway, getting back to what I was saying--this in NO WAY is comparable to the situation in 2010, when the fight was at its peak.
            Atleast the start of it, when the fight was supposed to be made.

Pacquaio was coming off what was possibly the most impressive year of his career.

Comment

The floyd/jmm and Manny/jmm 3 fights are the reason this fight lost its luster.

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
                no it isnt. not when there is likely to be a hell of alot more than 80 mil in the pot for the 2 of em.
                Pacquiao will not make anywhere near $40M with anyone not named Mayweather. Floyd just made more than that with Cotto. Floyd has options, Manny does not.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                  The people who argue do so before they have the information. I'm talking about the real figures, not NSB BS.

As for the money-I completely undertsand your argument. But respectfully, its easy to say that when you haven't earned that much nor when you expect toearn a certain figure.

The ppv sales and the money generated from this fight is speculative, not definitive. The $40 mil offer was definitve. regarding floyd, it's likely this fight would generate over $100 mil, not definitive. Floyd COULD earn more than any other fight, but its not DEFINITE!! Manny turned the offer down using your logic. But we are months removed from that point. Thats why I'm saying manny may have changed how he views the offer.

To your point, while i agree $40 mil was a crap offer when made, its still a guarantee. Its clear JMM 4 and Bradley 2 will not yield manny what he is used to making. Its one thing to turn down $40 mil guranteed when you have the POTENTIAL to make as much. Its different IF you are being told you can't even make what you were making.

With the passage of time, manny's options have lowered while floyd's haven't. In fact, the manny/bradley and khan/garcia outcomes created an additional options for floyd. No, none will be as profitable as a manny fight.
                  What i meant by municipality is that publicly owned companies are required to disclose earnings or spending is asked for. Now you are right that "we" aren't in athletes shoes so we don't fully get it sometimes, and i get that, but like i said.....Manny's outlook is likely different then how we would see it because hes already rich so money may not mean as much to him as maybe 40 million would to you and me. Now sure...is it possible that the fight does not do big numbers and Floyd makes around the same or just a tad more? Sure it is, but its not likely, and no one would bet against it doing great numbers. Bradley i dont think did as much damage as our small boxing community thinks. It didnt hurt but only help guys like Lara, guys like Whitaker, and Abrigl only got more love due to the injustice. As for the Garcia matchup for Floyd....like i said a few posts ago.....love it for him to get back into the groove of things, and put Manny with Devon in Dec. I'm totally game bud.

Comment

floyd mayweather jr rules. its simple and plain

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      Atleast the start of it, when the fight was supposed to be made.

Pacquaio was coming off what was possibly the most impressive year of his career.
                      Exactly. He looked like the biggest and only challenger to Floyd then. Heck, I wasn't sure who would win at the time. Today? Please.
                      Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                      The floyd/jmm and Manny/jmm 3 fights are the reason this fight lost its luster.
                      Agree 100%. Fight took a huge dump after Manny's performance against a Marquez who was put on his ass by Michael Katsidis. Then he followed it up with another shoddy performance against Bradley.

Comment

Working...
                      X