Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao's 12/1 Demand: A Move To Land Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I honestly dont want to see Manny fight either of the mentioned opponents, and the reason that the media and fans still have faith in this "megafight"...I dont know.

Arum's in-house WW circus has worn thin. I admit, he did pretty good work with Manny's opponents over the years, but things are looking a bit scarce.

Maybe it's because these fighters out here crying for Mayweather and Pacquiao, cant even manage to get past guys on their current level.

Berto (L) to Ortiz
    Ortiz (L) Mayweather, and couldn't manage to stay fresh meat long enough to get past Lopez. #Done
    Alexander blew it 3 times at 140, and could be just as fragile at 47
    Bradley - well, who knows.
    Maidana - only looks good against brawlers

The list goes on, but the point is, most of these guys aren't even PPV worthy, and cant even beat B-level fighters.

Comment

I hope to hear some buzz in the upcoming weeks about Manny and Floyd negotiating the big one. I don't wanna see JMM, Bradley, or Cotto rematches - at all.

Comment

Originally posted by djeffectz View Post
        No way the fight will happen, Pac canceled his Nov fight to land a Mayweather fight. Pac showed us that he really wants the fight, now the ball is on Mayweather court, will he strike out?

remember who said the favorite boxing quote of all time.

"Who wants to see a scared coward fight"
        The ball is in Arum's court, as always. Pacquiao doesn't decide who he fights...we all know that at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
          That $40 mil guarantee is looking pretty good right now.
          no it isnt. not when there is likely to be a hell of alot more than 80 mil in the pot for the 2 of em.

Comment

Any time I read that lousy shortlist of opponents (Bradley - Arum's guy, Marquez - pretty much Arum's guy, Cotto - on his own, but a long-time Arum guy), I can't help but CRINGE.

Why Cotto? WHY? WHY???? Manny beat him the first time and it wasn't even competitive. And besides, Cotto is now a big 154 lb'er and Manny ain't gonna fight him at 154 because Manny has already said he's not going higher than welter. So why is Cotto even mentioned? Seriously, give it a rest already.

Incidentally, if they did fight at 154, Cotto would have a better chance, but he still could lose badly. Either way, I'm not remotely interested in that fight.

Why Marquez? WHY??! We've seen it three damn times. It's like popular horror movies that make innumerable damn sequels, with ever-declining success. Jason IV, Jason V, Jason VI.... I'm not interested in seeing another close-fought battle between Marquez and Pacquiao, NOT INTERESTED. Neither one is ever going to win decisively, there's always going to be an argument, always going to be controversy, so WHAT IS THE POINT?

As for the Bradley fight, it makes a little sense because the vast majority (over 90% according to most polls) had Pac winning and there's unfinished business, but even still, we know Manny beat him, so surely they can just make the fcking Mayweather fight and put Manny to pasture after that?

Bob Arum is a joke, plain and simple, and Manny is a joke for sticking with him all these years.

Comment

As much as i want to see this fight....I would rather see Floyd take a tune up fight first, Anyone who says he doesn't need one is an idiot. A Floyd vs Danny Garcia would be a good start to shake off any ring rust. I wouldn't mind seeing Manny vs Devon Alexander either (though like Bradley, the name Devon wont sell as he is unknown outside boxing circles). My only concern is Floyd has looked older in his last 2 fights, and don't know how much longer he can keep this up.

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
                no it isnt. not when there is likely to be a hell of alot more than 80 mil in the pot for the 2 of em.
                Shade Manny highest payday is $28 mil, including ppv revenue. Manny is still signed with TR. If he gets $40 mil to fight floyd, even if he gets no ppv revenue, that is a 43% increase in salary, which is great for anyone.

Now the fight MAY (its not gauranteed) generate well over $100 mil if they are able to sell more than 2.45 ppv units. If that happens, Manny still gets a 43% increase in salary. If it doesn't, manny still gets the salary increase.

Floyd's income if the fight should happen isn't just as a fighter, but as the lead promoter. Manny can't expect to the same money becuase his deal with TR isn't similar to floyd's deal. I think floyd should either give Manny some ppv revenue or gurantee manny $50 mil, which is just about double his highest ever payday.

But at some point, Manny, nor his fans, should not keep expecting him to be treated differently then any other opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post
                  bob and floyd need to stop bull****tin and make this happen already..no more building staduim or demanding 100% of the ppv sales and all that BS
                  But is it better to do a mega fight in a big football stadium of 80,000 - 100,000 seats? MGN Grand is only 17,000 seat, Cena vs Rock was next to 78,000 people

Comment

Shade Manny highest payday is $28 mil, including ppv revenue. Manny is still signed with TR. If he gets $40 mil to fight floyd, even if he gets no ppv revenue, that is a 43% increase in salary, which is great for anyone.

Now the fight MAY (its not gauranteed) generate well over $100 mil if they are able to sell more than 2.45 ppv units. If that happens, Manny still gets a 43% increase in salary. If it doesn't, manny still gets the salary increase.

Floyd's income if the fight should happen isn't just as a fighter, but as the lead promoter. Manny can't expect to the same money becuase his deal with TR isn't similar to floyd's deal. I think floyd should either give Manny some ppv revenue or gurantee manny $50 mil, which is just about double his highest ever payday.

But at some point, Manny, nor his fans, should not keep expecting him to be treated differently then any other opponent.
                    I'm not so sure about this. Didn't manny's last fight bomb ppv wise? That gives Floyd a real reason to try to get an even bigger cut of the pie for himself

Comment

Bottom line is that it doesn't matter if any fighter makes a trillion dollars or 10 dollars a fight....its about how much he will GENERATE

Comment

Working...
                      X