No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Goes To War, Defeats Cotto in Twelve

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wreckless View Post
    Cotto gave Mayweather a tough scrap. May was also a lot classier then what we're used to seeing
    He got alot of fans tonight. Classy, and fought an honest fight.

I went into a pro Cotto theater and came out with a pro Floyd crowd.

Comment

• Originally posted by commodus View Post
      that's crazy
      That is crazy. I had mayweather 117-111. Mayweather looked vulnerable. I thought thisvwould be a virtual shut out. Mayweather looked very slow footed. The one round where cotto chose to box backing up, he won. Not indicative of mayweather choosing a fan friendly style, rather, he's a 35 year old fighter. He backed straigh up on numerous occasions with his hands down. Against a faster footed fighter he'd have had real problems. Cotto is not a great fighter anymore, but he gave floyd a very good fight. Pretty certain he broke floyd's nose. Speaks volumes of mayweather. Pacquiao is also a diminished fighter. I think sergio would beat either decisively at 154. Now or nver for floyd v. Pacquiao.

Comment

• Helluva fight. Cotto impressed me tonight and really made Floyd work for the victory.

Comment

• Pac certainly did a better job with Cotto than Mayweather. That said, Mayweather didn't lose to Cotto the way Pac lost to JMM. Either way, all the triangle theory stuff is nonsense. Fact is, Cotto fought Mayweather the way you have to fight him to win. Snapping a jab, bullying him, and getting him on the ropes hitting whatever you can. Problem for the Pacquaio faithful is that Pac won't be physically strong enough to employ that stradegy. he won't be able to force Mayweather to the ropes and keep hm their because Mayweather will be the bigger guy in the ring that night. Either way, certainly makes that one more interesting.

BTW, Cotto wasn't "getting to Mayweather." The vast majority of the throwing he was doing on the ropes was missing. He bloodied Mayweather's nose with a jab. Nothing unusual happen tonight. Mayweather controled the fight. He landed the cleaner blows. And he clearly won a comfortable decision. I didn't score it. But I remember giving Cotto about three rounds. So if one had it 10-2 or 8-4, its alright with me. Cotto performed better than expected. But that doesn't mean he was winning rounds. It was another masterful performance by a master boxer. Now bring on the next one.

Ironically, I think Tim Bradley is the man most likely to end Mayweather's undefeated string. He's not bigger than Mayweather. But, he has that come forward, pitbull mentality that will force Mayweather into situations similar to what he was in tonight. Only difference is he will be faster, younger, and hungrier than Cotto. Style-wise, I don't think Pacquaio, Martinez, or Canelo get it done. Style-wish, Storm is a nightmare for Mayweather.

Comment

• Originally posted by COACH WEBB View Post
            I was wrong on my prediction, but a clear UD. I need to watch again but I thought that Floyd was starting to look his age. Hats off to Cotto, he landed some good shots in the middle rounds. Floyd hurt Cotto in the 12th and I wanted him to press for the stoppage.
            Naw. Still the same speed and skill as the Ortiz/Mosley fights.

Comment

• If Cotto felt he got robbed then why did he walk out the ring and didn't even want a interview? Don't you think he would cry foul? He knew he lost. Why are people such haters man.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                God some people had it way too close.

I should bump teh thread where I said "People overreact when Floyd is on the ropes".

118-110 if you favored Floyd mostly.
                117-111 being the most neutral.
                116-112 if you favored Cotto mostly.

Anything else was way way way off.
                I can't see how you can have that scorecard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
                  You think this Cotto is better? How much better? Who would favor? You would favor this Cotto over Pac?

I just think it's a style thing more than anything. I think Pac has the style, stance mindset to always dominate Cotto. But, I think Floyd won decisively too. But, i think Pac has an easier time with Cotto than floyd would. However, Floyd would have an easier time with JMM than Pac could ever dream of doing. Just a styles thing. That's all it is. This Cotto is no different. That Cotto would have been the same fight with this Floyd as well.
                  while i agree that style plays a big part and i def dont see cotto beating pac as of yet, im a little more interested now. cotto fought almost the whole fight and his coach had a clear and comprehensive gameplan. i think we saw a very good cotto and he surprised me. who knows, mebbe he makes it more competitive this time. im much more interested than i was before.

Comment

• Originally posted by jcpryor View Post
                    Its hilarious reading some of the same Pacquaio fans that defended to the death Pacquaios performance against Marquez using this fight to say Pacquaio would destroy Mayweather because Cotto made Floyd's nose bleed. Lol

Anyway - this was a really good fight. I thought Cotto got 4 rounds out of Floyd. This was one of the best/most competitive Mayweather fights that I've seen in a long time. I was really impressed by both fighters tonight.
                    agreed ^^
                    Marquez went to 147 and gave Pac a lesson while older and not as fast or good as timing as Floyd and still made pac go stupid lmao

Comment

• Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
                      USA today had it 115-113 for Cotto.This was a really close fight and an amazing preformance for Cotto.
                      wow really? regardless im proud of cotto's performance tonight. great job by diaz also, he did a good job with cotto.

Comment

Working...
                      X