No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Goes To War, Defeats Cotto in Twelve

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• floyd looked very vulnerable tonight.

Even more evidence that floyd's weakness is the straight left. Pac's best punch. He got hit repeatedly with it tonight and it will be a death wish against pac especially lying in the ropes.

Pac regained the advantage tonight.

Now the whole world sees why floyd has been ducking pac.

I had it 8-4 mayweather.

Comment

• Had this fight been at 147 i think Floyd would have stopped him. Cotto put in a solid performance. He shouldn't be too upset, plus he's going to have a very FAT wad of money once the PPV is tallied.

Comment

• Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
        Rounds 2-3 were close and round 5-6-8 were Cotto rounds unlless u are a blind mother****er. The scorecards were bs this was a 116-112 fight at worse. 118-110 scorecards are for beatdowns and Cotto was very much in the fight.
        The 5th was not a Cotto round. Yes, he had Floyd on the ropes, and landed next to nothing. Floyd out landed him clearly in that round. I gave Cotto rounds 6 and 8. The rounds where the action slowed and punches were closer, easily favored Mayweather, because when the fight slows against Floyd, he controls the pace with his jab.

The general consensus was 117-111, with 116-112 favoring Cotto and 118-110 favoring Floyd. Anything else is too wide or too close.

Comment

• Great fight!

Comment

• Originally posted by commodus View Post
            and why would Floyd be content to slug it out? for what the fans? since when has he gave a fucc about the fans?
            He made it crystal clear that's what he was doing

Comment

• Moron

Originally posted by raskat View Post
              am I the only one who felt Cotto won this fight and got robbed?
              YES. Idiot.
              I don't see what the fuss is about. If Floyd stays on the outside and doesn't get hit (which he could easily have done see, rounds 1-3) you *******s say he is running scared and boring. When he wins it on the inside and takes a few shots (which is invetable, especially against a world class warrior like Cotto) the *******s say he is slow, old and past his prime. Floyd CHOSE to fight on the inside to prove he could. Check the punch stats, less than 20% landed does not win you a fight especially against someone as accurate as Mayweather.
              Learn about boxing and then come back

Comment

• Pac had 8 oz punchers gloves and fought him at 145 Mayweather had 10 oz gloves and marked up cottos face and at 154 anyway i think May threw almost 700 punches which is alot for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
                  USA today had it 115-113 for Cotto.This was a really close fight and an amazing preformance for Cotto.
                  that's crazy

Comment

• Overrated...overrated....

floyd will never get into the ring with Manny now

if its gonna happen...154, 10oz gloves

Comment

• Great fight. Cotto made it competitive and stole more rounds than I thought he would have and was in rounds late when I thought he'd have been completely outclassed. Floyd got humbled. It's that simple. He isn't some mythical boxing unicorn that can cast a magical knockout spell on Cotto.

Comment

Working...
                      X