No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Goes To War, Defeats Cotto in Twelve

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by El Chicano View Post
    haha, Cotto was "This Cotto" tonight because he wasn't in there with Pac... Put him in there with Manny again and he'll end up being "That Cotto" again.
    Not a fan of Manny but this is true

Comment

• Lmao @ the idiots who say Cotto won and got robbed,did you see his reaction he knew he lost,nothing to argue.He took his loss like a man

Comment

• Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
        The scorecards were BS I had it 115-113 for Mayweather and it was a hell of a fight. Ctto proved once again he is not shot and is one of the best fighters in the world. I think he beats Martinez.
        So many of you are complaining about the scorecard being too wide, they gave Floyd all of the close rds etc. What ultimately matters is that the right man got his hand raised at the end. I personally felt Mayweather won this fight going away , best case I can GIVE my man Cotto 3 rds. What we have to remember is that a fight is scored 1 round at a time. In a close round the nod depends on what that judge prefers to see from a fighter such as defense, more punches thrown or landed, who controlled the action etc. sometimes close rounds are won inside of the last round by who closed the round better. Harold Letterman likes to say which fighter would you least like to have been in that round and score it for the other guy.
        People have a tendacy to look at the whole fight without scoring any rounds then say this fighter had to have won more rounds than that. Bottom line Mayweather dominated in terms of rounds won and should have. He just didn't dominate Cotto during the course of alot of those rounds but he still won them. Also I think Oscar is going to start trying to make Cotto -Canelo tommorow morning.

Comment

• Originally posted by check hook View Post
          Oscar won 3 rds MAX in their fight imho. I think there in a much much stronger case to make for Cotto winning four rounds in this scrap than Oscar winning four in that one.
          I don't disagree.

Comment

• Originally posted by commodus View Post
            i can't stand floyd but that scorecard is really really generous to Cotto

i agree, but we are talking about USA today. To use Roger Mayweather's venacular "they don't know **** about boxing"

Comment

• Can't take anyone serious saying Cotto won

Cotto landed some shots and May stayed on the ropes at times, and yes he decided to. Not cause of BODY SHOTS, cause first off Cotto didn't even do anything to his body. Most shots early on was towards his head, which he missed

You complain about how he fought JMM and now when he go toe to toe, gotta sneak diss on that. But I forgot what type of people we talking about here

Comment

• Originally posted by prpowerpunches View Post
                i'm the first to say, i was wrong and cotto lost the fight!

Prpp
                glad to know you feel that way, that way i wont have to wait till sunday morning for you to inbox me and tell me you were wrong, floyd is in a class by himself.. So the nuts that you said that i swing on proved you wrong.its awesome to support your p.r brother but give credit were credit is due.

Comment

• Originally posted by commodus View Post
                  and why would Floyd be content to slug it out? for what the fans? since when has he gave a fucc about the fans?
                  And since when did you give a fucc about boxing? Run away. Ride with the interweb waves and go trolling on the Teletubbies forum...

Comment

• I scored it for Floyd 8 rounds to 4, but the scorecards aren't indicative of how close and competitive the fight was.

Thoroughly enjoyed it. And I do think the weight might've affected Floyd a bit in this fight, and he might finally be feeling 35.

Comment

• God some people had it way too close.

I should bump teh thread where I said "People overreact when Floyd is on the ropes".

118-110 if you favored Floyd mostly.
                      117-111 being the most neutral.
                      116-112 if you favored Cotto mostly.

Anything else was way way way off.

Comment

Working...
                      X