Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Goes To War, Defeats Cotto in Twelve

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good fight. Much props to Cotto. Cotto came to fight but Floyd clearly won! I love that Mayweather called out Bob Arum after the fight! He's totally right. Without Arum in the way, we would have been seen this fight already. Mayweather/Pacquiao on the horizon

Comment

• Originally posted by amayseng View Post
      uh

pac doesnt stand stationary with his gloves up not moving his head taking

shots behind the ear all night with no idea to adjust...

dude you have to compare styles..

pac is a style nightmare for a 35 year old floyd...

pac is faster than floyd

better foot work

throws hellacious combinations,

has more power

throws 1000 punches a fight..

at 35 floyd gets beat 3 ways

3 years ago floyd wins.
      He won't throw 1000 against Mayweather, I can tell you that much.

I still pick Floyd to beat Pac, the good thing about what makes Pac exciting is he gets hit in order to get his shots off, which may not be counter punching but he'l get the better of the exchange.

This Floyd is more offense, he had great footwork. Not sure he could keep it up for 12 rounds with Pac following.

Comment

• Originally posted by SelectOne View Post
        ive said it and i will say it again mayweather will get beat when he faces a classy jab hes open to the left hand all night Manny or khan would have alot of success against floyd khan because of his jab and manny through his left hand hats off to mayweather not the best performance but a winning one non the less
        Thank you... Finally I a post that I agree too.. There's a gap in Floyd's impenetrable defense...And if any fighter who could maximise and take advantage of that might be able to pull off a win against Floyd.. A left hand lead or a classy jab would make it difficult for Floyd.. But apart from that.. a pressure fighter (Cotto, Castillo) who fights strong in the inside would make life difficult for Floyd..

Comment

• Originally posted by TehRedRanger View Post
          You wanna know what's true though? May dominated Marquez while Marquez beat Pac.

So don't start with any ****. Props to both fighters, fought a HELL of a fight. Well worth paying for and well Mosley gave it all he had, not much but that's what he had.
          Didn't Pac abuse Oscar while Floyd won a decision?

Comment

• Originally posted by engleby View Post
            i respect this moreno guys posts he seems to know what hes talkin about. but jesus floyd and cotto both looked like men at the end of there careers, mayweather espceially looked slow for him that is

Floyd's slowed down alot. Iv'e been saying this for a very very long time on here. He has progressively slowed since the Baldoir fight. The great thing for him, is that he actually knows he has, and has adjusted the way he fights accordingly.

Comment

• Originally posted by check hook View Post
              Cotto did a very good job, and personally i could make a case to give him four rounds in that fight. Both of these guys aren't at their best. The Floyd who fought Oscar at 154 would have knocked this Cotto out. Cotto can't take accurate shots right to the chin.....anywhere else and he is ok, but right on the button and 100% clean and he get's rocked quickly. FLOYD is slipping quite a bit, and has been since probably the Hatton fight. There's def alot less juice in those legs of his. Look at the way he moved in the Baldomir fight compared to the last few years. If he could still move the way he did against Baldo at 147 no fighter would stand a chance. As it stands on this performance Manny and Floyd is a very interesting fight!!!!!
              100% agree with this. I do think that Floyd could've knocked Cotto out, or at least knocked him down if he wanted to. Floyd was consistently doing damage to Cotto on that last round, but I felt that he held back a bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ugh! View Post
                see cotto turning floyd then wacking him? pacquiao owns floyd, if floyd ever thinks of opening up like that aginst pacquiao he gets sparked
                See Marquez countering the **** out of Pacquiao then making him miss? Mayweather owns Pacquiao, if Pacquiao ever thinks of missing like that against Floyd he gets sparked.

Comment

• Originally posted by commodus View Post
                  Floyd's losing his legs IMO busted up nose by cotto? lol
                  Why are you trolling?

Floyd couldve easily outboxed him like he did the first 5 rounds but by going to the ropes and throwing a lot of punche he mae it closer thn he had to.

It was a damn good night of boxing and youre in here trolling because Floyd got his nose busted by a 160 plus pound tank?

Grow up kid.

Comment

• Originally posted by engleby View Post
                    i respect this moreno guys posts he seems to know what hes talkin about. but jesus floyd and cotto both looked like men at the end of there careers, mayweather espceially looked slow for him that is
                    well both fighters aren't exactly young and are probably past there prime. Both still world class fighters obviously but they will never be what at there peak they were. Pacquiao is on that same boat.

Comment

• Originally posted by boxkickboxmma View Post
                      Great fight, loved every minute.

I keep thinking, how much sharper would Floyd look if he would just stay active and not fight only when he's also dealing with ring rust?
                      Floyd will stay active now since the meat of his ducking time is over. All that's left is Pacquiao.

Comment

Working...
                      X