Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Goes To War, Defeats Cotto in Twelve

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manny Steward was right..this was the best fight that Floyd fought since Corrales.. He was really tested, and showed grit which is reminiscent of a great fighter..

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      Went to war?

Floyd won that fight comfortably. Cotto won maybe 2 rounds.
      Maybe 2? He won at least 2, at the most 4. Not saying it was neck and neck, but he wasn't outclassed and just shut down like Mayweather last few opponents.

Comment

• Cotto is no doubt the no.4 guy in the world and imo in a rematch he could do better against pacquaio, still lose, but alot better, he beats canelo, ortiz, marquez etc. Cotto should give 160 a shot just in a high risk high reward

Comment

• lets be honest, Floyd felt humiliated.......

Comment

• It was a great fight by two world class fighters! That said, the weight bothered Floyd, A LOT! You could tell in the mid rounds, to my surprise Floyd showed rare fatigue, an was very slow at times(overtrained?), probably from being pinned up against the ropes too often, Floyds still numero uno for now but father time is definitely not too far out now, cotto was able to tag floyd with shots that he would not have a few years ago, an then floyd would drop his hands floyd has to realize hes 35 now and start managing his camps a little better too I think he peaked weeks ago, it was nice to see Floyd test the water at 54 again but it should be his last fight at the weight, Floyd's no middleweight all in all not great but another very good performance by Floyd i give it a B-
            Last edited by Realizniguhnit; 05-06-2012, 12:19 AM.

Comment

• I think HBO over-stated the competitiveness of the fight a little, I always felt Floyd was in control, but overall it was kinda enjoyable, especially as I went into it with little excitement.

Floyd's stance is just ridiculously brilliant. It's just astonishingly effective.

Comment

• best highlight was lederman calling out cotto highriding pink socks rofl

Comment

• if cotto had won it wouldnt have been a huge shocker

the audience was with him and he DEFINATELY outworked floyd, and pressured him

floyd did win though- it was a very competitive fight overall and floyd had to earn it

for 8 rounds it was golden, and very close

last few rounds floyd went into run mode- and got his win

Comment

• Wait what?!...I've already seen two people in here say Cotto won the fight??? Are you kidding me? Cotto won no more then 3 rounds at best, 4 rounds is being quite generous, and I'm a fan of neither of them. WTF were you guys smoking?

Comment

• Originally posted by yesir View Post
                      Don't get it twisted. Floyd was crowd pleasing
                      your right he planned and enjoyed taking those ripping body shots,

engaging in holding for half each round tying up cotto to stop his acivity

and slow the fight because we all know THAT HOLDING IS CROWD PLEASING

he also enjoyed his bloody nose and getting his head snapped back with

jabs...

yep..

i like floyd i respect him for being more offensive but he fights in spurts

and is getting older, for 35 he is still a super talent and a phenom boxer.

but pac will give him hell

Comment

Working...
                      X