No announcement yet.

Nazim Richardson You Cant Be a Boxing Fan & Not Like Manny Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MEXGBP View Post
    this are americans you are talking to, they have no idea of what you said, thy play football with a fckn helmet
    I bet you live en America..

We must be doing something right.

Comment

Originally posted by WALTER WHITE View Post
      Naz is right but you can also hate him for spitting in the face of boxing with "championship" fights when he fought Margarito at 150 for a junior middleweight belt, fighting Mosley after Mosley was thrashed by Floyd and had a draw against Sergio Mora of all people, and then telling Marquez to come up and weight and being schooled by Marquez.

I used to love Pac and he used to be my favorite fighter, but then he began fighting fights that highly exaggerated his greatness rather than proving it.
      You better head for the hills...

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
        Disagree.

I was a fan before, I will be a fan long after.

TBH the more I hear Brother Naz talk rose colored BS like this, the more I dislike him as well.

Someone made a thread about Sugar Ray Leonard being a candy ass who is always on the fence and only says what people want to hear? Theyre wrong. Thats Bro Naz character. All day.

Comment

Originally posted by Elotero View Post
          Disagree.

I was a fan before, I will be a fan long after.

TBH the more I hear Brother Naz talk rose colored BS like this, the more I dislike him as well.

Someone made a thread about Sugar Ray Leonard being a candy ass who is always on the fence and only says what people want to hear? Theyre wrong. Thats Bro Naz character. All day.
          calm down man....what Naz said has some truth to it....Manny is a very entertaining fighter, ESPECIALLY if he has the right dance partner

Comment

Originally posted by charlieg View Post
            Oh come on.

Cotto... you saying that Mayweather is wasting his time there? I know Pacquiao fought him at 145lbs (and how stupid was that 2lbs insistence given how little bearing it likely had on the fight), but he was a 147lb star at the time and Mayweather had basically ducked him.

Margarito at 154lbs was massive. Cotto couldn't hurt him like Pacquiao did.

Mosley at 147lbs - I think we can all agree Sugar Shane is a shade of his former self, and both Mayweather and Pacquiao were cashing in on the Mosley brand name. Even so, Pacquiao fared far better. Hold up, I hear you gasp. "Mayweather was amazing rounds 3-12!" He was. He controlled Mosley. That's because Mosley was coming for him, and Mayweather - whilst able to adjust after a disastrous 2nd round - didn't have the firepower to stop Mosley in his tracks. Mosley came at Pacquiao, found himself on the canvas, hurt like never before, then ran like a dog for 9 rounds. You can't look good against a running defensive fighter with the experience of Mosley. Pacquiao vs Cotto rounds 6-11 were awful since Cotto was surviving.

De La Hoya at 147lbs was a shell, but still many picked him to beat Pacquiao. Not really Pacquiao's fault that De La Hoya thought he could make the 147lb weight limit and still be 100%, is it?

Marquez at 147lbs, I liked Marquez's conditioning here. I thought he looked fleshy against Mayweather - there's a reason fighters have tune up fights when moving up weight classes. I'm of a seeming minority in that I scored this fight for Pacquiao - Marquez just threw too few shots and he was the one with a bruised, swollen face at the final bell. Pacquiao was unmarked, a aside from a cut caused by a clash of heads. Pacquiao was landing hard straight lefts all night, but Marquez ducks into punches and absorbs them, so I think most people assumed the punches weren't connecting. They were. Marquez's face didn't have an allergic reaction, it was pounded by Pacquiao's fists. It was a good, close fight, just like the previous 2. Marquez paid the price for slowing down in last 3-4 rounds. The only person he should blame for losing is his trainer, who was barking mad to tell his fighter inbetween the 9th and 10th rounds that he was miles ahead.

Marquez is a P4P great and Pacquiao going 2-0-1 against him is a feat. Mayweather dragging Marquez up 2 divisions, then weighing in at 146lbs when he contracted it for 144lbs, that was disgraceful and not becoming on the GOAT. Mayweather is an elite talent, the best skills of his generation, one of the most talented technicians the sport will ever see. Is he the GOAT? Not even close.

"Pacquiao, you're next!" "Pacquiao is only famous because of me." PMSL.

How did Mayweather duck Cotto back then when Cotto himself confirmed that the fight was never a serious option?

And saying Mayweather was cashing in on Shane Mosley's name? Wasn't Mosley the one that jumped into the ring and challenged Mayweather? Wasn't Mosley coming off a win? When facing Pacquaio though, did Mosley deserve that fight after a decisive loss and a draw? Pacquaio was the one "cashing" in with Mosley. But business is business, so it's ok.

And where do you get this story that Mosley was coming after Mayweather during their fight? Even his greatest hater, Larry Merchant, said Floyd was the aggressor during the fight.

As far as Marquez's face, look, Mayweather and other opponents like Cotto hit Mosley far more than Pacquaio did. And yet Mosley's face was not left in lumps. Mosley face hadn't been lumped like that in many years. Not to even talk about him not getting knocked down in many years. This is all a testament to Pacquaio's power. But it also food for those questioning if his power is unnatural.

The consensus was Marquez won that fight. You can disagree all you want, but if you backtrack and look at the twitter comments from many of the professional boxers at that time -- practically all of them felt Marquez won the fight. All of them, including his so-called friend Amir Khan! That right there says a whooooole lot about who won that fight. Whereas your opinion, and mines included, says little.

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
              i wonder what JMM's career would have turned out without the manny pacquiao fights? (specially the first one)... he would have been stuck fighting for meaningless alphabet titles most likely... he had that great run bcoz of his obsession with manny...

and he gives PBF's return a good meaning... a flavorful spice so to speak... imagine PBF getting back from pseudo-retirement to face who? what us fans have to look forward to? a rematch with oscar and ricky? cmon people! the best case scenario would've been this cotto mismatch and the mosley fight that we had a few years ago...
              This is a load of horse**** bro.

Flavorful Spice

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
                calm down man....what Naz said has some truth to it....Manny is a very entertaining fighter, ESPECIALLY if he has the right dance partner

Not selling me on Manny bro but to each his own but come on bro, tell me Naz isnt trying to be the next Morgan Freeman every time he does an interview.

Comment

Naz should have worded that differently. Fans can be fans of who ever they are fans of and can hate the ones that threatens who they are a fan of.

What he should have said is: How can anyone who knows anything about boxing not be a fan of Pacquiao?

Comment

im not a fan of pacquiao, mayweather or any ATG or good fighter

im a fan of sven ottke and chavez jr etc

im a fan of boxing first, skills mean nothing to me, im just in it for the punching of noggins

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                      Watching Pacquiao is like watching Brazil in football, you can hate them when they beat your team but as a fan of the sport you have to stop and admire the unorthodox magic they create.
                      It's not the first time N Richardson said the same thing about Pacquiao. It irks him when people wants him to say something bad about the boxing superstar. "You cannot like boxing and not like Pacquiao."..."...why not enjoy him while he's there."

Comment

Working...
                      X