No announcement yet.

Nazim Richardson You Cant Be a Boxing Fan & Not Like Manny Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jtiger777 View Post
    he has skills, they just dont impress me, of course he has skills i dont disagree that hes a beast... his style is just not one im too high on!
    Actually I find his skills more impressive. You need to slow down the replay button to see his skills because of the speed. If you like the technical, almost a mechanical type of style like Cotto's or Marquez and even Mayweather's, fine and you can see the skills very clearly because it's staring you in the eye.

With Pacquiao to the untrained eye it seems like he's just coming in and throwing without care and without thinking. The untrained eye needs to watch the replay and slow that replay down to see what's actually happening. When you're in the heat of battle and both are throwing away, to be able to see the defence, blocks with the gloves, blocks with the elbows, the slips then the counters in unexpected angles with the power in those short punches, that to me is much more impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
      Watching Pacquiao is like watching Brazil in football, you can hate them when they beat your team but as a fan of the sport you have to stop and admire the unorthodox magic they create.
      Your statement was embarrassing to Brazil football. Pacquaio might be unorthodox, but Brazil football is not. Your comparison is weak at best. And Brother Nazim statement is just wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
        So you don't enjoy watching him fight? because I think that's what NR was really getting at.
        I know this wasn't my debate, however I absolutely did not enjoy watching a shot 40 year old Mosley move himself to a ud loss against the best active fighter, (but not to me). Also I did not enjoy watching him get an undeserved win over Marquez when I saw a lightweight Marquez thoroughly outbox his a$$.

Then the Margarito fight at 150 for a 154lb title?? When a fighter he ko'd went to full weight & beat a real champ?? Yeah, that wasn't enjoyable, not at ppv price. ESPN maybe, but not 60 bucks a pop.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
          believe it or not, YOUR opinion isn't shared by the entire boxing community...i'm a HUGE pacquiao fan but i've known fans MUCH older and more knowledgeable than me that prefer a different style...

it doesn't make them less of a fan

dont get mad...i'm just sharing some views from people, like myself, who dont think my opinion is the only correct one
          you don't have to be a fan of someone to enjoy watching them fight. you can prefer a different style, but still enjoy the soul, dedication, drama, etc. that world class athletes bring to the table. i'm no fan of mayweather,(I prefer fighters who go for the knockout) but nevertheless, hes damn well exciting due to the godlike talents he brings to the table.

get the f-uck off your high horse son

Comment

Originally posted by SaintDJT View Post
            you don't have to be a fan of someone to enjoy watching them fight. you can prefer a different style, but still enjoy the soul, dedication, drama, etc. that world class athletes bring to the table. i'm no fan of mayweather,(I prefer fighters who go for the knockout) but nevertheless, hes damn well exciting due to the godlike talents he brings to the table.

get the f-uck off your high horse son
            Holy over reactions, Batman!

Comment

Originally posted by johnm View Post
              Holy over reactions, Batman!
              long read for u, huh? not surprising

can't someone get a point across without some a$$hole chirping in. fly away little birdie.

Comment

I would agree with NAz. Manny is what most casual fans want to see. He does that SRL punch move( you need a move to be a star).... he ko's guys ... he can fight .. he prays. You want to cheer for this guy...You want him to be the face because he is great for the sport in general.

I sure as hell don't want casual fans to know what I know.

Comment

Originally posted by rambov View Post
                  I would agree with NAz. Manny is what most casual fans want to see. He does that SRL punch move( you need a move to be a star).... he ko's guys ... he can fight .. he prays. You want to cheer for this guy...You want him to be the face because he is great for the sport in general.

I sure as hell don't want casual fans to know what I know.
                  You don't know shhh about boxing and neither do most on this board.

including myself, I'm just a fan

Comment

Originally posted by noStylez View Post
                    You don't know shhh about boxing and neither do most on this board.

including myself, I'm just a fan
                    and the people responsible on putting Pacquiao in the p4p best fighter in the world don't no shyieet about boxing, but you do. These so called experts who leave and breath boxing thinks pac has no skills but still put him top of the p4p list. How dumb is that aye.. I think you know better. It just makes perfect sense, a guy who has done so much in boxing ain't a true boxer.. Right! You know better than most of us here..
                    Last edited by Spoon23; 04-21-2012, 12:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
                      and the people responsible on putting Pacquiao in the p4p best fighter in the world don't no shyieet about boxing, but you do. These so called experts who leave and breath boxing thinks pac has no skills but still put him top of the p4p list. How dumb is that aye.. I think you know better. It just makes perfect sense, a guy who has done so much in boxing ain't a true boxer.. Right! You know better than most of us here..

Great post, loved it.

:wank:

Comment

Working...
                      X