No announcement yet.

Nazim Richardson You Cant Be a Boxing Fan & Not Like Manny Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MEXGBP View Post
    this are americans you are talking to, they have no idea of what you said, thy play football with a fckn helmet
    Hahaha. Now thats comedy right there!

Comment

Stfu

Gayzim Richardson

I don't like Manny I like Erislandy Lara, does that mean I'm not a boxing fan? Stupid tree

Comment

Originally posted by MEXGBP View Post
        this are americans you are talking to, they have no idea of what you said, thy play football with a fckn helmet
        daaayyummm that's some funny shhhh right there !!!

Comment

100% true.

Comment

Originally posted by William Blake View Post
            Come on man....let's be real, Pacquiao has been carrying boxing for a few years now. If you don't like his style, at least you've got to respect his accomplishments and what he's done for the sport.
            At 130 & below atg/ At 135-154 his best wins are Clottey & Hatton. That really is nothing to brag about.

For the record, those 2 idiots, I agree with brother Naz on most things, just not this & you all should learn to read before you act.

Comment

i wonder what JMM's career would have turned out without the manny pacquiao fights? (specially the first one)... he would have been stuck fighting for meaningless alphabet titles most likely... he had that great run bcoz of his obsession with manny...

and he gives PBF's return a good meaning... a flavorful spice so to speak... imagine PBF getting back from pseudo-retirement to face who? what us fans have to look forward to? a rematch with oscar and ricky? cmon people! the best case scenario would've been this cotto mismatch and the mosley fight that we had a few years ago...

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                At 130 & below atg/ At 135-154 his best wins are Clottey & Hatton. That really is nothing to brag about.

For the record, those 2 idiots, I agree with brother Naz on most things, just not this & you all should learn to read before you act.
                Oh come on.

Cotto... you saying that Mayweather is wasting his time there? I know Pacquiao fought him at 145lbs (and how stupid was that 2lbs insistence given how little bearing it likely had on the fight), but he was a 147lb star at the time and Mayweather had basically ducked him.

Margarito at 154lbs was massive. Cotto couldn't hurt him like Pacquiao did.

Mosley at 147lbs - I think we can all agree Sugar Shane is a shade of his former self, and both Mayweather and Pacquiao were cashing in on the Mosley brand name. Even so, Pacquiao fared far better. Hold up, I hear you gasp. "Mayweather was amazing rounds 3-12!" He was. He controlled Mosley. That's because Mosley was coming for him, and Mayweather - whilst able to adjust after a disastrous 2nd round - didn't have the firepower to stop Mosley in his tracks. Mosley came at Pacquiao, found himself on the canvas, hurt like never before, then ran like a dog for 9 rounds. You can't look good against a running defensive fighter with the experience of Mosley. Pacquiao vs Cotto rounds 6-11 were awful since Cotto was surviving.

De La Hoya at 147lbs was a shell, but still many picked him to beat Pacquiao. Not really Pacquiao's fault that De La Hoya thought he could make the 147lb weight limit and still be 100%, is it?

Marquez at 147lbs, I liked Marquez's conditioning here. I thought he looked fleshy against Mayweather - there's a reason fighters have tune up fights when moving up weight classes. I'm of a seeming minority in that I scored this fight for Pacquiao - Marquez just threw too few shots and he was the one with a bruised, swollen face at the final bell. Pacquiao was unmarked, a aside from a cut caused by a clash of heads. Pacquiao was landing hard straight lefts all night, but Marquez ducks into punches and absorbs them, so I think most people assumed the punches weren't connecting. They were. Marquez's face didn't have an allergic reaction, it was pounded by Pacquiao's fists. It was a good, close fight, just like the previous 2. Marquez paid the price for slowing down in last 3-4 rounds. The only person he should blame for losing is his trainer, who was barking mad to tell his fighter inbetween the 9th and 10th rounds that he was miles ahead.

Marquez is a P4P great and Pacquiao going 2-0-1 against him is a feat. Mayweather dragging Marquez up 2 divisions, then weighing in at 146lbs when he contracted it for 144lbs, that was disgraceful and not becoming on the GOAT. Mayweather is an elite talent, the best skills of his generation, one of the most talented technicians the sport will ever see. Is he the GOAT? Not even close.

"Pacquiao, you're next!" "Pacquiao is only famous because of me." PMSL.

Comment

Originally posted by Fvck LamarSmith View Post
                  In before some Floyd fan calls brother Nazim a sellout/uncle tom
                  Pac called the pinoys that thought JMM won "not true filipinos"...and "crabs in a barrel"

Hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by William Blake View Post
                    Come on man....let's be real, Pacquiao has been carrying boxing for a few years now. If you don't like his style, at least you've got to respect his accomplishments and what he's done for the sport.
                    Pacquiao has been carrying boxing? What a ridiculous thing to say.

I guess the likes of JuanMa and Salido shouldn't waste their energies in fights of the year any more.

Boxing was fine before Pacquiao and Mayweather, fine during Pacquiao and Mayweather, and will be fine long after those two have left the party.

You do have to respect his accomplishments and what he has done for the sport, but to say he has been carrying boxing is obnoxious. He might be at the pinnacle of a pyramid, but without everything underneath him, he'd be nothing. If boxing was not a popular sport, Pacquiao would have been just another kid in poverty. Pacquiao owes boxing as much as boxing owes Pacquiao. That's the nature of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
                      Even the Cotto fight irked me. FIRST Pac ducks the real welterweight champion Mosley, after saying he'd fight him at a catchweight. THEN Mosley accepted it, and Team Pac ran for the hills and took on Cotto instead who was basically cornered into that catchweight fight.

All while tricking the fans into thinking he was doing something spectacula with his "jumping weight classes" bs
                      There it is.....

Comment

Working...
                      X