Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Rejects Pacquiao's 50-50 Proposal For May 5

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im still shocked people on here believe Pacquiao somehow deserves 50/50 when he isn't the draw that Floyd is (though he is very close). I just don't see the logic given by his last performance in which his boxing stock dropped dramatically after getting worked by an older, slower Marquez and him even going on record saying he would take less money. The REAL problem here is the lack of TRANSPARENCY with Top Rank's promotion of Pacquiao.. I really don't even think he knows much of the business aspect of his contract or the WAYS in which he earns money... It kind of makes me feel sorry for him because it's becoming apparent that the Harvard Cum Laude Law Graduate has him on a leash he doesn't even know he is wearing. Given all of this, I still feel Floyd would be fine with 50/50... I think he is trying to test his business position and see if Pac will break (making Floyd the clear A side). This was done by Top Rank also back in the day when they made the 10 milli demand.

I think the phone call was very productive in the sense that they have spoken even if it was minutes. The point to gather in all this is that they went AROUND the Harvard Cum Laude Law Graduate for the first time. That SPELLS progress.

Comment

• Im still shocked people on here believe Pacquiao somehow deserves 50/50 when he isn't the draw that Floyd is (though he is very close). I just don't see the logic given by his last performance in which his boxing stock dropped dramatically after getting worked by an older, slower Marquez and him even going on record saying he would take less money. The REAL problem here is the lack of TRANSPARENCY with Top Rank's promotion of Pacquiao.. I really don't even think he knows much of the business aspect of his contract or the WAYS in which he earns money... It kind of makes me feel sorry for him because it's becoming apparent that the Harvard Cum Laude Law Graduate has him on a leash he doesn't even know he is wearing. Given all of this, I still feel Floyd would be fine with 50/50... I think he is trying to test his business position and see if Pac will break (making Floyd the clear A side). This was done by Top Rank also back in the day when they made the 10 milli demand.

I think the phone call was very productive in the sense that they have spoken even if it was minutes. The point to gather in all this is that they went AROUND the Harvard Cum Laude Law Graduate for the first time. That SPELLS progress.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Invincible View Post
        Here we go. He said 50/50 was okay on the phone call now he's balking. This should let everyone know for sure that Floyd is officially ducking Pacquiao. There need be no more discussion. This was a 50/50 fight from jump street and every body knows it. If I was Manny I wouldn't take a cent less than 50/50. F that.
        Then why did Manny say that he would then?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kilrain View Post
          Haha, what next, fight Floyd one-armed? Use 20 oz gloves? Give away the first six rounds?
          Ortiz set a precedent by allowing Floyd to hit him with his hands down, unless Pac is unwilling to do the same its a blatant duck.

Comment

• Originally posted by booshay View Post
            sick of this crap at this stage .....dont care any more ..... no more comments.... posts......reviews......reading articles.....clicking like on FB........ just gonna live stream em all d way com fight night to who ever they fight ill find out on the night ...........lol
            Strugg?

Comment

• NOW who's the one blocking

FLOYD is rejecting 50-50 ... saying he wants to give the fans what they want ... and now THIS?!?!?! NOW who's the one blocking the fight from happening!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jtiger777 View Post
                i just wanna know why after all these years you still use the term *****? fads come and go bro do something new!!!! and pass that weed! and then show me when did pac agree to may 5th, have u not seen the articles where arum (who he tells us he has to go thru) said may 5th was out of the question???
                That's because I don't follow trends. I call it how it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Ban Stick View Post
                  Strugg?

You're pulling up skirts left and right.

Comment

• oh lord.... this is like watching 2 bítches fight in a hair salon....

why cant floyd agree to 50/50??? either way, floyd will still make more money than pac.... after arum takes his cut, pac will be left with shít anyways.

and pac just got exposed for talking all that shít about taking a smaller purse just to make the fight happen.... douche.

Comment

• Dude you are dead on about that. Im not sure if it was 70/30 but still..

Sad/funny thing about it is that pacquiao found himself asking for 50/50 not floyd

Comment

Working...
                      X