No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Rejects Pacquiao's 50-50 Proposal For May 5

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mr. Invincible View Post
    Here we go. He said 50/50 was okay on the phone call now he's balking. This should let everyone know for sure that Floyd is officially ducking Pacquiao. There need be no more discussion. This was a 50/50 fight from jump street and every body knows it. If I was Manny I wouldn't take a cent less than 50/50. F that.
    Naw man. Remember that supposed e-mail from a Team Pac member where they asked what would happen if Pacquiao tested positive?????? That was even brought up on ESPN and by Teddy Atlas. People harped all over Manny for a day or two, until that was completely shot down.

Lets wait and hear what Floyd says in a public interview or something. If you don't like people jumping all over Manny when he looks to be avoiding it, let's wait and see what Floyd says about this e-mail and the 50/50 split.

If Floyd publically says there's nothing wrong with 50/50 and said it's still in play, then hell no he's not avoiding, and ESPN got some bad information, as they did with Team Pac's supposed e-mail that one time.

We should know by the next day or two at the most.

If Floyd is demanding more than 50/50, which was agreed upon before, than he is EQUALLY TO BLAME WITH MANNY FOR THE FIGHT NOT HAPPENING. Yes, I will finally say Floyd is as much responsible and him, or anyone. Just like THERE IS NO REASON THAT MAY 5TH IS A BAD DATE.......THERE IS NO REASON THAT 50/50 IS A BAD SPLIT.

I don't care if Floyd makes more money or sells more PPV's per fight than Manny, and he does, this fight should be 50/50.

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      WBC welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. is apparently not on board with WBO king Manny Pacquiao’s request for a 50/50 revenue split for a potential May 5th fight at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. As previously reported, Mayweather recently made a direct phone call to Pacquiao's adviser Michael Koncz, who placed Pacquiao on the phone with the undefeated star from Las Vegas. Pacquiao told Mayweather that a 50-50 split would seal the deal on a possible May fight.

[Click Here To Read More]
      Manny said he would fight for less the purse to make the fight happen!

What the hell happened?

I remember the *******s posting Pacs comments and using it as a rally cry to call Floyd a chicken.

I want the *******s to rally with the same words now.

All together now:
      "PAC WILL TAKE LESS MONEY TO MAKE THE FIGHT"

Comment

• Ok I give up! If this is true!! I can't defend this! Fight should be 50/50! Floyd just placed all the blame right back on himself!!!
        Last edited by game20ver; 01-20-2012, 11:20 AM.

Comment

• David Levi (Mayweather's assistant) : Mayweather never said that 50/50 can't happen
          They dunno anything RT @RedZone_Moss: @DavidLLevi On SportsCenter it said Floyd said no 50/50
          51 minutes ago

@DavidLLevi They said Floyd emailed them. He didn't? Said that 50/50 "can't happen, but he can make more money than he has before"
          23 minutes ago

@DavidLLevi youtube.com/watch?v=sdc4_i… Here's the link where they reported it in case you're interested
          15 minutes ago

@Mparas1432 not true. More Bob Arum lies
          20 minutes ago
          Last edited by KarlBrandt; Today at 06:01 AM.

Comment

• Of Course!! what else would we expect from the biggest fkn clown in boxing's history??? He is full of shiet and boxing fans need to put a stop to this disgusting BS by not paying for any of Gayweather fights unless they are against the right opponents and not cherrypicked tomato cans. FOK Gayweather!

Comment

• I think 50/50 is fair regardless. Especially if Pacquiao is making a compromise with the date.
              Maybe they should agee to something like a 45/55 split in favor of the winner.

Comment

• This is shocking! Anything that puts Floyd in a negative light is put up immediately..."Mayweather was quoted as saying..." BY WHO?!

Come on! At least wait for verification and give us that...Now I've also seen people in Mayweather and Manny's camps both saying that this isn't true and things are ok. Additionally Bob Arum would have been ranting and raving about it, but his muted response in admitting the phone call happened led me to believe something positive happened between Manny and Floyd.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
                  Naw man. Remember that supposed e-mail from a Team Pac member where they asked what would happen if Pacquiao tested positive?????? That was even brought up on ESPN and by Teddy Atlas. People harped all over Manny for a day or two, until that was completely shot down.

Lets wait and hear what Floyd says in a public interview or something. If you don't like people jumping all over Manny when he looks to be avoiding it, let's wait and see what Floyd says about this e-mail and the 50/50 split.

If Floyd publically says there's nothing wrong with 50/50 and said it's still in play, then hell no he's not avoiding, and ESPN got some bad information, as they did with Team Pac's supposed e-mail that one time.

We should know by the next day or two at the most.

If Floyd is demanding more than 50/50, which was agreed upon before, than he is EQUALLY TO BLAME WITH MANNY FOR THE FIGHT NOT HAPPENING. Yes, I will finally say Floyd is as much responsible and him, or anyone. Just like THERE IS NO REASON THAT MAY 5TH IS A BAD DATE.......THERE IS NO REASON THAT 50/50 IS A BAD SPLIT.

I don't care if Floyd makes more money or sells more PPV's per fight than Manny, and he does, this fight should be 50/50.
                  I like a good objective Floyd fan.

May 5th, 50/50 sign the contract.

Then Sergio at 154 in Novemeber, and retire. Thats all that needs to be done.

Comment

• Originally posted by KingOfBox View Post
                    Im still shocked people on here believe Pacquiao somehow deserves 50/50 when he isn't the draw that Floyd is (though he is very close). I just don't see the logic given by his last performance in which his boxing stock dropped dramatically after getting worked by an older, slower Marquez and him even going on record saying he would take less money. The REAL problem here is the lack of TRANSPARENCY with Top Rank's promotion of Pacquiao.. I really don't even think he knows much of the business aspect of his contract or the WAYS in which he earns money... It kind of makes me feel sorry for him because it's becoming apparent that the Harvard Cum Laude Law Graduate has him on a leash he doesn't even know he is wearing. Given all of this, I still feel Floyd would be fine with 50/50... I think he is trying to test his business position and see if Pac will break (making Floyd the clear A side). This was done by Top Rank also back in the day when they made the 10 milli demand.

I think the phone call was very productive in the sense that they have spoken even if it was minutes. The point to gather in all this is that they went AROUND the Harvard Cum Laude Law Graduate for the first time. That SPELLS progress.
                    agree. i found it hilarious & necessary that floyd called up pac... and went around arum. progress maybe...

but either way... floyd is shítting on pac from a promotional standpoint. i just cant believe the mismanagement of team pac.

floyd & pac are tit-for-tat in the PPV buys game LATELY.... obviously floyd makes more money than pac... but both names carry weight, so 50/50 is not laughable. the issue here is how pac went on record saying he will take a pay cut.... now he is backtracking.

Comment

• look like Floyd never said this according to his assistant, real question becomes: Why is Arum planting false emails?

Comment

Working...
                      X