No announcement yet.

Vitaly and steroids

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jedi Vader View Post
    I understand your point Pal but when you couple that injury with his previous steroid taking, questions then arise.
    .....exactly!

Comment

• my 2 cents

steroids can encrease the risk of injuries because muscle tissue will encrease quicker than what the tendons and bones can adjust.

but and its a big but........it doesnt mean that injuries dont happen naturaly, the most common injuries are relateed to the big joints, shoulders, elbows, knees, upperboy injuries are probably more common in boxing than say fotball.

so a shoulder injury isnt necessarily an indication of juicing.

Comment

• Originally posted by BennyST View Post
        Why does this constantly get brought up by these ****ing freak fans? The guy got stopped. He lost. He got his face annihilated by punches. That's how you win in boxing kiddies. You try to punch the other guy, and if you hit him and smash his face open, you will win. TKO 6. .
        For someone who is more than likely nostalgic towards the old days where The Klitschko's supposedly wouldn't have fared well, you sure seem to approve of modern day ways of TKO'ing someone.

Had Lewis Vs Vitali happened in a 1940-60's setting, the fight probably would have continued and Vitali was either on his way to getting really KO'd or vice versa. Surely nobody in that fight was looking for the ref to stop it, I.E. the way Dawon did against Ward as the most recent example.

Comment

• Originally posted by Derranged View Post
          Yea, Im starting to think they all do.
          Hence why I don't really care about whether anybody is juicing or not. I've said this in previous threads, legalize PED's for all I care.

You don't deprive a Boxer of his Vitamins and certain types of meals, and this is just the next thing you shouldn't deprive him of, if it helps him. At the end of the day, he still has to use his skills to win. Using PED's is not a full-proof ticket to success. See Mayorga, Vargas etc,.

Every Boxer before turning Pro should understand that they might be up against a lot of Steroid/HGH users and at their own risk use or not use it themselves. Lets get it out in the open.

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post

Hopkins beating p4pers in his midforties is just odd. Suspicious? Sure. Then again it's not unprecedented although PEDs where not available at Archie Moores time. They are today.
            Now, not that it would stop me from being a fan if he was on PED's but, his success can be attributed to consistency in training, which he describes all the time in his interviews and prides himself on with his Post-Prison jive talk. "Discipline", that he says is what turned around his life and kept him out of jail or any run-ins with the law.

And not just training, but more importantly resting consistently. He is not known for being a late night Party kinda guy like Floyd or Pascal. Perhaps because he is still paranoid of getting in trouble and doesn't want to be in a public setting where he could get into a illegal scuffle at some Club. Either way if you're training all year round, resting by going to bed early, and eating right as he claims, then you can cut out years of the aging process.

And despite all this, his physique has shown steady decline. His AB's are virtually nonexistent. He was never a fast guy to begin with nor a big puncher. He was never known to throw a 1000 punches in a fight and in his recent fights, has shown that he is getting tired in the late rounds. His style is what keeps him from getting KO'd, and still being in great shape for his age gives him enough energy to execute enough offense to make it at least close, to the point that it's always a split decision on the scorecards.

Comment

• Shane Mosley never failed a drug test. He came clean about juicing but said he didn't know what he was taking. Should there be no strike against him?

Comment

• interesting..............

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                  Shane Mosley never failed a drug test. He came clean about juicing but said he didn't know what he was taking. Should there be no strike against him?
                  Ok I guess nothing should be held against Shane because he never tested positive and unknowingly only juiced once. No suspicions should cloud any part of his career.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                    Ok I guess nothing should be held against Shane because he never tested positive and unknowingly only juiced once. No suspicions should cloud any part of his career.
                    Of course, my presumption is all the top fighters are juicing these days.....one of the major reasons for my complete disillusionment with the current world of boxing. It's like baseball in the '90s: Completely tainted and deserving of nothing more than an asterisk if not complete expungement from the record book.

Poet

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                      If you by this conclude that a shoulder injury can be linked to roidabuse you are .....

No. Let me just say that you cannot on the base of that, conclude that a shoulder injury is linked to roiders.

Just forget it man. Move on.
                      He's from Great Britain mate.

Anyways about the thread, I see JAB is doing his best to bump the thread and keep it as relevant as possible lol. I don't have anything against for that I just found it funny.

Anyways no, he is not. One thing about steroid abuse is your risk of injury increases. Obviously there are steroids like Nanodralone that are used to speed up the recovery process. But constant steroid abuse leads to injury. If you look at major sports like Baseball. A lot of the steroid cheats got injured a lot. Like Jose Conseco. The injuries are also in unusual places like torn bicep, torn pectoral muscle even torn acl etc. They are also recurring.

VK has remained in very good shape for his career. Especially after his 4 year hiatus. He's been active as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X