Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vitaly and steroids

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vitali is innocent until proven guilty. You can assume all day long, but bring some evidence to the table please.

Vitali has already admitted the (accidental) steroid usage case from back in 1996, which got him disqualified from the olympics.

So for 17 years, nothing suggests him using steroids. Ofcourse you can say, is there a chance he used again, but you can say that for anyone else basically, which makes this thread irrelevant to say the least.

Comment

• Btw I really think that Vitali's prime (taking into account everything) is against Gomez.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
        Btw I really think that Vitali's prime (taking into account everything) is against Gomez.
        Vitali was out of the game during his prime! Without a four year layoff, he's surely an ATG.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
          Vitali was out of the game during his prime! Without a four year layoff, he's surely an ATG.
          No doubt. I was just comparing those times when he fought.

He was a better fighter after he came back - but not due to improved physical ability, but experience and smart boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Own3d View Post
            Vitali threw over 1000 punches in the Kevin Johnson fight which i believe is the record. He threw 800 in the 10 rounds he fought Arreola. He couldn't do that in his prime but at 38 he sets the record for punches thrown in a HW fight.

He averaged 72 punches a round vs Lewis and was exhausted after 6. He averaged 84 against Johnson over 12 and 80 vs Arreola over 10 and looked like he could box another 12 rounds.
            If i remember correctly he took that fight on a short notice so that might have something to do with him gassing around the 6th round.

Comment

No doubt. I was just comparing those times when he fought.

He was a better fighter after he came back - but not due to improved physical ability, but experience and smart boxing.
              I understand that. People don't realize how amazing his comeback actually was.

Comment

• The German testing boards are very strict and usually will catch anyone. It is much more strict than the US ones.

IF Vitali was using something, I have enough faith for them to have caught it already. Given his performances so far, I don't think theres any clear signs of any performance enhancing

As people, both Wlad and Vitali promote a safer sport and a cleaner sport, aswell as being gentlemen. To me they are the least of all people i'd expect. They are very professional at what they do, and pretty public about it.

Politically, would Vitali risk it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  If i remember correctly he took that fight on a short notice so that might have something to do with him gassing around the 6th round.
                  He was scheduled to fight on Lewis's undercard, so no.

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                    So Liston was on PED's when he quit against Ali with a shoulder injury? Surely that must be your conclusion.
                    If indeed Liston had abused steroids during his career, yes.

Comment

Vitali's style is different since he came back. He used to go into killer mode - looking for both accuracy and power. He was looking to take the opponent out. After he came back he boxes more tactically - not every punch is killer one. That's why his output gone up, but he doesn't take out the opponents early. (and yes I am taking into account the quality of opponents).

If he used something illegal it would be known by now. They can't control everything - they are not that powerful.
                      If Evander Holyfield used something it would be known by now. Just sayin...

Comment

Working...
                      X