Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vitali Klitschko vs Joe Louis - Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THIS THREAD IS JUST DUMB.. A LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT VS A SUPER HEAVYWEIGHT...

If joe louis was 6'7 250 im taking louis
    moneytheman Ascended likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
      Vitali was getting hit by uppercuts and body shot that made him hold on for dear life and took far more punishment than Bowe.The Bowe Lewis fight was stopped after single right hands and two standing 8 counts. Lewis took one 8 count too. That's how amateur fights work .Bowe was not knocked "sensless". Not only are your opinions stupid but you lie too. Still waiting for that abundant list of heavyweights slick .
      I've lied about absolutely NOTHING in this thread. And, I'm not going to lean to your level and make you a list just because that's all you have to grasp on to here. You were outclassed a long time ago and have no footing in saying that Louis can beat Vitali @ 200 lbs dead. Why sit here and just keep insulting yourself? It's pitiful.

Comment

• Originally posted by realheavyhands View Post
        THIS THREAD IS JUST DUMB.. A LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT VS A SUPER HEAVYWEIGHT...

If joe louis was 6'7 250 im taking louis
        See now at least that answer makes sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Invincible View Post
          VITALI leaves his chin out to get opponents to engage. It's common boxing knowledge. He didn't have to do it with Arreola and wouldn't with Louis. He makes necessary adjustments. That's what makes him great.
          His great and necessary adjustment in the Byrd fight was to stay on his stool.

Comment

I've given valid points over a dozen times in the course of this thread and it get's ignored like it made no sense,
            Why are you still bringing up weight when Joe Louis KTFO'd all his opponents over 240 lbs?

Why are you still bringing up weight when Vitali has a glaring RTD loss to the tiniest guy on his resume'?

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

I'll concede the fact Bowe was not a great defensive fighter. But he had a good jab, was a great inside fighter, good outside fighter, was excellent at working the body and threw combinations. At their very bests I'd favor Bowe over Lennox, but arguments can be made. Vitaly can't even be included in a skills debate in my opinion.
              Bowe had a good jab when he committed to it, but too often he threw it in a sloppy unthinking fashion, and when he fought a good big man in Golota he was soundly outjabbed. His inside fighting was very good, but considering most tall fighters don't like to fight inside for fear of giving up their advantages it's unfair to really use it as a comparison point. His outside fighting was good, but compared to Lennox or either of the Klits it didn't really cut the mustard. Like I said, he let fighters get on the inside too much and lacked that imposing of will that allowed Lennox and allows the Klits to be so dominant. Sure he was luring fighters into his danger zone, but he was also exposing himself to risks that he really didn't have to take and which he paid the price for down the line.

Bowe had skills sure. But you can't just isolate skill to physical ability in my opinion. It has to be tied to your mental makeup as well. Bowe lacked that mental makeup. He was someone who was capable of delivering exquisite performances once in a while when the stars aligned, but too often struggled with subpar opposition due to his bad tendencies, his sometimes poor conditioning and his lack of aim in a fight beyond trying to knock the guy out.

Comment

• Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                Bowe fought on the inside because he was very good at it .Not because he was simply allowing it. And amateur fights are irrelevant .
                As I see it part of being skillful is maximising your natural advantages. Bowe was a big man who loved to fight like a little man. He was a good- but not great-chinned fighter who loved to fight like he was LaMotta. Sure, he was very good at it, but that was as much down to his superior size and good chin than it was to any skill. It wasn't like he was James Toney in there, bobbing and weaving whilst landing shots in the pocket. He was taking hits. Big ones. And he shouldn't have had to, given his attributes.

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                And amateur fights are irrelevant .
                No they aren't irrelevant. They don't tell the whole story of course, but if anything is important in amateur fighting it's skill. Sure, the fact someone beat someone else in the Olympics doesn't automatically translate into the same thing happening in the Pros, but if it does tell us anything it's that at the very least they have the superior ability to land shots and not get hit, the epitome of successful boxing.

Comment

I think talking with you with your laughable opinion is pathetic as well. So who's right? I think you're **** and you think I am too, so lets just refer to the poll shall we? Oh, that's right, my opinion supercedes yours in the census. So who is right in that case smart*ss???

Bowe was knocked senseless, was taking heavy shots defenselessly. If you classify that as what happened to Vitali, I suggest you rewatch the fight. I trust you know how to youtube it since you know everything.
                  Vitali got KTFOd worst than Bowe did. Bowe had headgear to protect him, Vitali was bleeding out of his mouth in the interview and spraying blood all over Larry Merchant.

Comment

• Vitali is too big
                    moneytheman Ascended likes this.

Comment

• lol at Riddick bowe being more skilled than Vitali

Comment

Working...
                      X