Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao/Marquez Post Fight Discussion- Please re-vote in the poll. .

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    What he did all night was consistently land clean hard punches to Pacquaio's face.
    as a ***** and a hater as if ur opinion means anything....next time just keep it to urself

Comment

• Marquez vs Pac's past opponents.

Even though I think the fight could have gone either way I still think Pac is the better fighter. Styles make fights. I don't think Marquez could have beaten the Cotto or Margarito Pac fought. I think Clottey would probably win as well. What are your thoughts?

Comment

• My take on the JMM vs Pac fight

Ok so I come in to work on Monday morning and I see the typical emotional threads by pro Pac and pro JMM posters. I ended up watching the fight 3 times already, the last time really taking my time to score it as unbiased as I could.

I thought it was a very, very close fight but I did score it 115-113 for JMM. I thought he outboxed Pac clearly, landed the better shots and really had Pac frustrated and missing like I have never seen him miss.

Nacho is the best trainer in boxing PERIOD. He deserves a ton of credit for creating a game plan to counter the left of Pac and the counter right hook over the jab that he does so well. He did this by having JMM NOT move backwards to avoid the straight shot and winning the battle of the feet by keeping his outside of Pac's. Easier said than done but the subtle movements of the waist was the key. JMM was ducking and sliding to his left more than I saw him in that first two fights and that really frustrated Pac even when he put himself in position to counter himself.

He also used the left upper cut to counter the right jab masterfully which those of you who have boxed or even sparred know how hard that truly is. He followed it up with that straight right and that combo worked all night.

The beatings that Cotto and Marg took at the hands of Pac make you appreciate JMM even more. The man is a legendary boxer, master at what he does and has the heart of a true Mexican. Pac obviously though is so fast, strong and is a machine in there. I never game JMM a chance and I was so wrong.

What pissed me off more than anything else was the coverage of HBO. the announcers were so pro Pac that I rewinded "Big Shots" that Pac landed that hit nothing but air. It was clear they were pushing their guy and weren't about to let the Mayweather fight go to waste. I used to like Max Kellerman because he had a mind of his own but he's now a company man as well.

Great fight, great fighters but I asked myself this simple question. If Pac would have done what JMM did, would he have lost the fight? My answer is no way. JMM basically had to KO Pac to have a chance to win.
        Last edited by Cuauhtémoc1520; 11-14-2011, 10:00 AM.

Comment

• this doesn't work if no one is going to bother to review them, which is obviously the case, lol @ the 6th and 10th being clear marquez rounds and the 12th being a toss up....just, lol

Comment

• I didn't see the HBO version...which is good. When I watch the fight again..the audio will be off for sure.

Comment

• lol even Juan Diaz ripping on the corrupt judges..

Man I don't even wanna see a Pac/JMM IV they'll just rob Marquez again... for the 4th time.

Comment

• Maybe Marquez doesn't beat those guys but that's due to his size and not really having the athletic ability that Pacquiao has. Still, Marquez is a better fighter than Pacquiao and his skill set is greater.

Comment

• Originally posted by CONQUERING View Post
                  The people that voted for Marquez are biased *****s.

Most of them are alts.

Comment

• i agree.....there has not been a single proof for me to conclude jmm can hang with good fighters that are way bigger than him...none whatsoever...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ugh! View Post
                      this doesn't work if no one is going to bother to review them, which is obviously the case, lol @ the 6th and 10th being clear marquez rounds and the 12th being a toss up....just, lol
                      Every time I score a fight I'll always put a (Close) if it's close and (Clear) if the fighter won it clearly. Seen the fight 5 times already and rounds 6 and 10 were clearly Marquez's rounds. As for the 12th round, NOTHING HAPPENED in that round!. Go watch it, you can go either way or score it even.

Comment

Working...
                      X