Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao/Marquez Post Fight Discussion- Please re-vote in the poll. .

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marquez kicked Pacquaios ass loved watching it live

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryannn View Post
      people were expecting pacquiao to wipe the floor with jmm.

that obviously didn't happen that with the mexican crowd and the commentating made it as if marquez was whooping pac.

not the case.
      I agree, everyone thought Manny was gonna steamroll him and it didnt happen, so people think Marquez was robbed. The truth is it was a close fight that could have gone either way.

Comment

• pacquiao has been beastly for so long that him no putting guys in a coma/breaking their faces means pacquiao lost.

got it 115-113 pacquiao

Comment

• Robbery is winning 9 rounds convincingly and losing. This was basically dead even.

Marquez just simply loss a coin toss. Anyone who calls this a Robbery probably says the other guy was cheating if they lose at Rock Paper Scissors.

Comment

• Originally posted by bonggoy View Post
            Not an impressive with by Pacquiao (compared to the last few wins), but still a win. As everyone knew, Pacquiao always had problem with Marquez's pinpoint counter punching accuracy. He even said so himself. You can see with the way he approached the fight. Very cautious first few rounds in a big departure from the first two fights. He got hit less this fight compared to the first two fights but wasn't able to hit Marquez of his game plan.

Marquez is one tough fighter. He got hit solid a few times and was never in a big trouble.
            I agree Marquez was never in trouble and Pac landed a lot of straight lefts. I was surprised at how well he took those shots. I think that Marquez actually landed the harder shots.

Comment

• This thread is pathetic.....

Comment

• Originally posted by EdWins View Post
                How HBO cut the audio out of Pacman's corner after like the 7th round and on... why did they do this? Gee I don't know maybe so that we can't hear freddy roach and co panicking in the corner telling pac that he needed a KO to win... c'mon man, anybody that thought Pacquiao won does NOT know how to score fights or knows **** about this sport...

Then Max Kellerman's mike cuts off in the post fight interview, this had Bull S#** written all over it man. Any true fan of boxing, I don't care if you were going for Pac or Marquez, any true fan of this "sport" if you can even call it that anymore, should be upset about what transpired saturday night I don't care that **** was bogus yo...

****** ass Jim Lampley, JMM was dominating Pac so much that in ever round he started to say stuff like "Oh, that punch by Marquez was blocked!!" or "Pacquiao has amazing footwork!" or yelling "Big right hand by manny that may have won him the round!" when it was a grazing shot

Lampley has been hugely disappointing lately. He was doing the same bullcrap in the Ortiz vs FMJ fight, calling punches for Ortiz that landed on Floyd's gloves and shoulders. There was one in particular that was ridiculous at 10 seconds left in round three, he get's all excited about a left cross from Ortiz "good left cross from Victor Ortiz.....he's fast enough to fight with Mayweather !!" Don't know if he's blind, the punch landed on Floyd's arm, and he simultaneously gave Ortiz a nice angle and actually rocked him with a counter straight right.

Damn shame he's turning into another HBO idiot like what Merchant has become....he really is the best when he's calling a fight properly.

Comment

• Originally posted by EdWins View Post
                  OH and another thing, the compubox punchstats is straight up bogus too man my eyes don't decieve me I saw Marquez outland Pac round after round but whatever...

and yeah this prolly my first thread under this name, I had another account since 2006 but deleted it.
                  More like you are using an alt.. The punch stats has been debated to death during the 2nd fight wherein Marquez had the advantage. And has been the defense mechanism of JMM fans as proof that their man won their fight. If you were here in 2006, you would know this. But obviously you werent..

So now you are saying, its no longer an issue.. Really now..

Comment

• Originally posted by victorythagr8 View Post
                    the fight could go either way.

The thing is that people need to rewatch the fight without being shocked that this fight was close and gave every close round to Marquez.

Most people who said Marquez won, gave him 7-5, add the fact that there was too many close rounds, that this fight was too close and its hard to score.

Basically it can go 7-5 to either fight or a draw and if you don't get those 3 score you need to rewatch the fight.

The fight was to close to be called a robbery.

Robbery is Martinez vs Cintron.

This was a close fight
                    A close fight doesn't mean the decision went the right way. It can still be a code fight with only guy that should have won. For instance Ali/Fraizier 1 was close but you are an idiot if you gave the fight to Ali. Duran/Leonard 1 was close but it's impossible to score the fight for Leonard unless you are a **** with no brain. Get it?

It was a close, but clear, decisions win for Marquez. Again.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuntokCorps View Post
                      Robbery is winning 9 rounds convincingly and losing. This was basically dead even.

Marquez just simply loss a coin toss. Anyone who calls this a Robbery probably says the other guy was cheating if they lose at Rock Paper Scissors.
                      this analogy is right on the money(no pun intended)

Comment

Working...
                      X