Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao/Marquez Post Fight Discussion- Please re-vote in the poll. .

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KFC(Fforfloyd) View Post
    i am watching the fight in slow-mo, so far after watching round 1, alot of marquez's punch look like it connected when he threw combos but didnt and pac's punches that did connected, marquez withstood them like they were nothing but you can tell it hurts by the way his head is snapping back hard

PAC>JMM
    I agree...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chups View Post
      If Roach is overrated, then Nacho is a big failure.

What trainer tells you to take it easy on the last few rounds coz u are winning? In a fight that historically has always been close? This is the reason De La Hoya fired his trainer in the Trinidad fight. Nacho is the same guy that derailed Marquez' career, fought for peanuts in Indonesia instead of fighting an immediate rematch with Pac, then blames it on Pacquiao. There is a reason why Rafael fired Nacho.
      I'm going to tell you why you are wrong. It's because JMM is a counter puncher, his punch output is based solely what his opponent does. If he comes forward and attacks, he will get hit and knocked out.

I described him fighting Pac as him walking on a tight rope, one missed step and he's falling off. If he leans and reaches too much he will get caught and KO'd.

Imagine if JMM was caught with those straight shots he was hitting Pac with? Pac would have KO'd JMM easily.

The fact that Nacho told him he was winning the fight was his way of saying don't make a mistake, don't leave yourself and get exposed. As a matter of fact, something the interpreter missed was Nacho telling him to be careful because he still has power.

What Nacho said there was nothing wrong, telling him he was down on the cards might have forced JMM to come forward and possibly suffer a knock down or get KO's and that's something they couldn't afford to do especially with the history of the knock down being the deciding factor in the last two fights.

Comment

• I scored it 114-114 as did ESPN.com

However, I can see it either way and since Pac won, I can agree with that just like I could agree if JMM won.

The fact remains that Pac won. Mayweather won. NOW, we get to see the fight EVERYONE has wanted. No need for a rematch right away. Hell took 4 years for the 1st one and 3 years for the second one. Mayweather vs Pac needs to happen next. THEN, Pac can fight JMM, because after Pac fights Mayweather, I think many people will have a different opinion about Pac and I think JMM won't have to fight Pac and the judges in a 4th (winner takes all) fight.

Like I said, Mayweather vs Pac and THEN Pac vs JMM IV.

Comment

• Originally posted by RIZO24 View Post
          JMM landed the more harder punches this time and still did not get the decision. just dont see how JMM will ever get the nod against PAC?? To me JMM is just The PEOPLE'S CHAMPION.. I dont care for a fourth fight.. I have seen enough to know that JMM is a better fighter than PAC. JMM has never tried to fight OLD, lesser skilled fighers and at catch weights to fool the people!!!IF PAC is ****** enough to fight MAYWEATHER then I would pay to see that one sided beating of the PACMAN.. If you thnk JMM is a good counter punching fighter then you must know that Mayweather is a way better ver... sion of that
          Dont know about the ****** thing... but difinitely we would like to see Mayweather next rather than Marquez...

If there would be a fourth fight the only option Marquez left to win over Pacquiao is to win by KO. Which I think is far to happen base from the 3 fights they had.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Tommo View Post
            So, all the blacks and Latinos have voted Marquez I see.
            very offensive and uncalled for comment. please be ignorant somewhere else.

Comment

Thats not even funny, I mean the nerve you have to even post that **** is just sickening
              Originally posted by Attrib_39 View Post
              I agree...

Those pictures you have of the fight, the shot with the right hand landing, that is not even an effective shot that your boosting up, the punch is not turned over, meaning thumb down... its a contact shot nothing more.

and the other picture you have, I did see manny dance to his left alot he rarely moved to his right and when he would it was to sneak in that left hand as displayed in your picture, that too was a contact shot no steam behind it manny rarely landed many hard shots in that fight, half the time he was wild sloppy and his feet were off the canvas in throwing those shots

Comment

• Originally posted by Chups View Post
                Effective aggression >>>> counterpunching
                If the counterpunching is landing the cleaner more effective punches then that is completely false, period.

Comment

Seriously uncalled for and will not be tolerated here.

Comment

• I can't believe people were actually talking about placing Pac next to SRR and Ali in the atg category at one point smh.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      Marquez had clearer rounds, but in many of the close rounds I saw Pacquiao landing really good straight lefts and rights, and he would outland Marquez. They may not have been visually as pleasing as the ones Marquez would land, but they were still very good punches landing and he was landing more.

I'm not backing off what I think happened. I think it's crazy to have this fight 8-4 or 9-3 Marquez, and you think differently. We're just going to disagree on this one my man. Three views haven't changed my mind, and I'm not going to watch it again any time soon.
                      I'm with you bro... 100%

Comment

Working...
                      X