Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Steward on Cotto Split: Someone Hired for $50,000 Less!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by retnuocllup View Post
    c'mon man, that's what cotto needs to beat marg. if cotto goes toe to toe with margarito he'll just get smashed again.

That's the problem... Cotto's isn't going to wound Margarito.
    Cotto is a better boxer than Marg with or without Steward. He just has to fight him smarter this time around. Cotto has to fight the entire fight like he did the first 6 rounds. He made Marg look amateurish for the first half of that fight.

Comment

See what did I tell all of you, you could even look at my old posts, I knew it was about the money it was too obvious, we all know Manny dont come cheap with his popularity, and If anything this is one of Cotto's last fights.matter of fact, Cotto may be viewing this as his cash out fight which it probably is...cant blame him for that but if his trainer cant fix his head movement and intensity Marg KO's him again maybe not as brutal but in the same manner...

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
        I didnt like what Steward was turning Cotto into anyway. He was turning him into a passive boxer. Dawson pretty much said the same thing about Steward. Bring back the old Cotto. The relentless body puncher who would go for the kill once he had you wounded.
        I agree with you but if cotto goes in there thinking he can KO Marg with his "devastating" body punches hes definitely getting KTFO Marg is way bigger cotto cant hurt him like that best bet is for cotto to BOX and frustrate him then try to catch Marg with something he wont see coming in between...

Comment

Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
          I agree with you but if cotto goes in there thinking he can KO Marg with his "devastating" body punches hes definitely getting KTFO Marg is way bigger cotto cant hurt him like that best bet is for cotto to BOX and frustrate him then try to catch Marg with something he wont see coming in between...
          I totally agree. Lets hope Cotto learned from the first bout and doesnt try to come in looking for the KO.

Comment

Steward saying it how it is. You can't expect to beat Hopkins without 100% focus but we will see.

Comment

First it wasn't about the money. Now it is about the money.

People always lie to the press when it comes to situations like this. I think we can gather that maybe the money was part of the reason, but to only save $50,000 there MUST be other reasons as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
                If thats truly the case and its only about the money Cotto is a moron.

Agreed! If this is the case, Cotto is a MORON!

Comment

Money is the reason Holyfield and Emanuel Steward Split.Steward wanted the standard 10 percent out of Holyfield`s purse while Holyfield was only willing to pay him a fix sum which was less then 10 percent of Holyfield`s purse.

So if the split between Emanuel Steward and Cotto is about money i am not surprised.

Comment

I hope this doesn't backfire on Cotto. His corner for the Pacquiao fight was awful and I would have thought he would want continuity before another big fight after that debacle.

I get the feeling Miguel is stubborn and basically runs his own camp anyway, which is why he would never be able to beat a Pacquiao or Mayweather type of fighter.

As for Dawson...similar thing...his performance against Pascal was limp as anything and if he lacks full focus in camp then he is going to get embarrassed by Hopkins and will regret it big time!

Comment

at this point in cotto's career i don't see how anyone can change anything about him,the guy fights the way he does,he's over thirty already,if he were a 20,21 year old it's different

Comment

Working...
                      X