Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Steward on Cotto Split: Someone Hired for $50,000 Less!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
    I think Dawson and Cotto just felt a change was needed and Steward is feeling a little upset about that. But yeah if that was both of their reasons they made a dumb choice.
    Steward didn't sound upset maybe a lil disappointed about how the new generation thinks but he is totally into Andy Lee anyways. I don't think he is holding grudges. Fighters want to do what they want to do. It's not Emmanuel Steward's job to want it for them, but rather they have to want it for themselves.

Comment

The old man is sounding like a lil *****. If Cotto realized that he learned everything he could from Steward and got another great trainer that actually speaks Spanish for less money, how can that be a bad move.

I expect him to **** on Cotto if he's lossing the Margarito fight and/or take credit if Cotto wins the fight.

Comment

I didnt like what Steward was turning Cotto into anyway. He was turning him into a passive boxer. Dawson pretty much said the same thing about Steward. Bring back the old Cotto. The relentless body puncher who would go for the kill once he had you wounded.

Comment

Cotto better win this.Another loss for ricans,Would be devastating for them.
          This is no time for cotto to be cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
            I dont think its about Cotto being cheap. I think its more of Cotto not bonding with Stewards style.

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
              Shut up Puto. lol

Comment

cotto is underestimating margarito and dawson is underestimating hopkins.

cotto is dumb to put money over a victory.

cotto needs to beat margarito for his legacy and for future money. if cotto destroys margarito, people will take that as saying margarito cheated in the first fight and cotto would've beaten him in the first fight if margarito had not heated. Financially, cotto might be in line to get a fight with mayweather or a rematch with pac. if cotto loses to margarito again, the headline would be "10 out of 10 fights margarito always smashes cotto because of styles." And financially, cotto will lose future shots against mayweather and pac.

dawson is an idiot for dropping steward. I dunno why he don't wanna train at the Kronk. Dawson lacks discipline and focus and it starts in the training camp and shows in the ring. This is Dawson's big shot and the fight Dawson has wanted for a long time, but he should be going into this fight with the best trainer money can buy.

horrible move for both before such important fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
                  I didnt like what Steward was turning Cotto into anyway. He was turning him into a passive boxer.
                  c'mon man, that's what cotto needs to beat marg. if cotto goes toe to toe with margarito he'll just get smashed again.

Dawson pretty much said the same thing about Steward. Bring back the old Cotto. The relentless body puncher who would go for the kill once he had you wounded.
                  That's the problem... Cotto's isn't going to wound Margarito.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
                    I dont think its about Cotto being cheap. I think its more of Cotto not bonding with Stewards style.
                    nah cotto is being cheap. 50k is worth it to defeat your archnemesis.

Comment

Steward has to understand that he's the employee here. You go where your boss wants you to go.

Comment

Working...
                      X