Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Steward on Cotto Split: Someone Hired for $50,000 Less!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Visceral View Post
    Dumb, dumb move by both guys as these are especially critical bouts for them.
    I agree. This is a ****** move at a CRITICAL time. Cotto is also making ****** decisions with sparring partners. It's almost like Miguel is is own worst enemy.

Comment

Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
      The same old Cotto that Margarito smashed in 08. Cotto needs a disciplined style to deal with Margarito because Cotto power ain't stopping Margarito unless Pac took alot out of Margarito but I think Pac took alot out of both.
      Agreed! Both took a beating but Margarito is fresh from it and it was nearly career ending.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
        Speaks spanish, not a bad trainer, will be there more than Steward( I think) and for 50k less. Not a bad deal at all if you ask me.

Plus to me Steward is like Roach. Trains one or two great fighters and all of a sudden he's "legendary".
        Agreed.

This Cuban guy may have even more tricks under his sleeve than Steward for all we know. He's coming from the premier boxing system in the world. Cuban boxing is no joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Hallaqsillaq View Post
          Agreed.

This Cuban guy may have even more tricks under his sleeve than Steward for all we know. He's coming from the premier boxing system in the world. Cuban boxing is no joke.
          We will see. Cotto better be ready for the pressure because Margarito will on him from the opening bell. This is a guarantee! Cotto dosent have the power @154 to back Margarito off.

Comment

Cotto! Cotto! Cotto! Cotto! Cotto!

Comment

Originally posted by SonnyDempsey View Post
              Agreed. He needs to go to the body early and often.

Remember what Shane said after fighting Margarito: he hit him with a hook to the body in the first round and heard Margarito grunt as if he was in serious pain, which took Shane by surprise. Most fighters wouldn't be that vulnerable early on, but Shane was basically saying he had Margarito beat by landing that very first body shot, and he was surprised at just how easy it was to beat him...
              I think that was the first punch Shane hit Margarito with in the body that buckled Margarito.

Comment

Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
                I think that was the first punch Shane hit Margarito with in the body that buckled Margarito.

yeah I noticed that too, he needs to work his body.

Comment

Has Cotto paid Emanuel Steward for their last fight?

Rich Mancuso is reporting TODAY that Steward STILL HAS NOT BEEN PAID for the last Cotto/Mayorga fight?!?!?!

Comment

Working...
                  X