Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: I Beat Them, Pacquiao Takes My Leftovers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone who thinks floyd should of fought clottey is trippin! lol clottey was at best ranked # 14 in the world i think lol!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
      When did Floyd fight Barrerra, Morales, and Marquez before Pacquiao?

When did he fight Cotto, Clottey and Margarito before Pacquiao?

Those 6 fighter I just named would wipe the floor with floyd which is why he straight up ducked em
      Cotto, Clottey, and Marg are TR fighters. Money left TR and Arum has hated it ever since. TR keeps fights in house. Barrera, Morales and Marquez were fights he took 3 years ago and 3 divisons.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
        When did Floyd fight Barrerra, Morales, and Marquez before Pacquiao?

When did he fight Cotto, Clottey and Margarito before Pacquiao?

Those 6 fighter I just named would wipe the floor with floyd which is why he straight up ducked em
        Fighting BS with BS is logical to you? Floyd may say some silly things, but only a decent fighter he is not - he's great.

Comment

Originally posted by HattonFaithful View Post
          You cant really use the fact that Pac being carefully handled as of late to Gloyd being carefully handled his entire career. Look at who Pac fought at lower weights, Marquez had two AMAZING fights with him (closely disputed or not great fights), an AMAZING trilogy with Morales, and two great fights with Barerra, all of who were at their prime and great fighters. Both Pac and PBF are big names and were found out to be great talents, you cant blame them for how they or their promoters decide to handle them.
          errrrrrrrrrrrr try again

Comment

hes beginning to sound like a few posters on boxingscene.

Comment

floyd is using pacs name to help him sell out his fight

*****s gonna get hurt but its the truth

mayweather been mentioning pacs name lately means his money for vacation aint enough yet

Comment

Originally posted by tusc1976 View Post
                To be fair... Cotto, Margarito and Clottey were not Mayweather leftovers. Floyd never fought those guys nor did he fight Barrera or Morales.

I can’t remember ppl saying that De La Hoya was a Mosley or Hopkins leftover when Floyd fought him. Or Tommy Hearns was a Ray Leonard leftover when Marvin Hagler fought him. Most times top fighters have losses on their resumes, and more importantly they have already fought other top fighters. I still can’t find anybody who said before the De La Hoya fight, that Pac was going to win and that Oscar was a Floyd leftover. One more question, is Floyd this fighting a Marcos Maidana leftover in Victor Ortiz? How about this, was Floyd getting a Carlos Baldomir leftover in Zab Judah, or was he getting Miguel Cotto left over in Shane Mosley? Unless you fight a guy in his absolute peak and he is undefeated, more times than not, a fighter is getting somebody else’s leftovers.

Also, How can Marquez be a Floyd leftover when Pac fought him twice before Floyd ever fought him? I don’t understand the logic behind that particular opponent. People who don’t like Pac, say that Marquez beat him twice and that Manny was ducking him. Now that he’s fighting him, they don’t like the weight issue and they feel that Marquez is washed up. Marquez looks great against everybody not named Floyd and Pac.
                BTW- Marquez is a great fighter, he fought Pac close twice and he deserves the shot.

When fighters reach certain levels, they are matched with similar opponents that other great fighters have faced to draw comparisons. Cotto was matched with Demarcus Corley, Victor Sosa and Zab Judah all after Floyd beat them. Why, because his handlers wanted to see how Cotto handled common opponents. Floyd was matched against Genaro Hernadez and Arturro Gatti after De La Hoya beat them.That’s just how boxing works to an extent.
                he looks spectacular when his ass is hitting the canvas

Comment

so let me get this straight floyd, other boxers are not suppose to fight guys u've beaten already? so is floyd saying that all the opponents he has fought has never had a lost to someone else??

Comment

Floyd fought Marquez who had already lost to Pacquiao.....isnt that called a leftover?

Floyd fought Zab Judah & Mitchell after Tzsyu beat them.....isnt that Leftovers?

Floyd fought Hernandez & Gatti after ODLH fought them....leftovers anyone?

I'm not trying to dog Floyd here, im just trying to show how ignorant this "LEFTOVER" thing sounds.

Comment

Originally posted by krimzon View Post
                      I would like to see Ortiz vs Pacquiao, make it happen Bob.
                      why? if ortiz fights and loses to the #2 pound for pound fighter in the world than how much better would he do against pac. of course the fight will be more exciting but he will take a worse beating, just like with mosley.

Comment

Working...
                      X