Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: I Beat Them, Pacquiao Takes My Leftovers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mayweather forgot to mention that CJ Watson also took his leftovers...

Comment

Originally posted by adp023 View Post
      I thought Tim Smith (well-known ***** writer) writes all the Floyd's articles for the NY Daily News???

I like this new guy. His last line was a nice and well-deserved dig at Floyd.
      It was interesting that he chose to leave out the fact that Pacquiao is fighting Marquez next though.

Comment

After a boxer loses, he should retire!

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          After a boxer loses, he should retire!
          Molodec!

Comment

Originally posted by tusc1976 View Post
            To be fair... Cotto, Margarito and Clottey were not Mayweather leftovers. Floyd never fought those guys nor did he fight Barrera or Morales.

I can’t remember ppl saying that De La Hoya was a Mosley or Hopkins leftover when Floyd fought him. Or Tommy Hearns was a Ray Leonard leftover when Marvin Hagler fought him. Most times top fighters have losses on their resumes, and more importantly they have already fought other top fighters. I still can’t find anybody who said before the De La Hoya fight, that Pac was going to win and that Oscar was a Floyd leftover. One more question, is Floyd this fighting a Marcos Maidana leftover in Victor Ortiz? How about this, was Floyd getting a Carlos Baldomir leftover in Zab Judah, or was he getting Miguel Cotto left over in Shane Mosley? Unless you fight a guy in his absolute peak and he is undefeated, more times than not, a fighter is getting somebody else’s leftovers.

Also, How can Marquez be a Floyd leftover when Pac fought him twice before Floyd ever fought him? I don’t understand the logic behind that particular opponent. People who don’t like Pac, say that Marquez beat him twice and that Manny was ducking him. Now that he’s fighting him, they don’t like the weight issue and they feel that Marquez is washed up. Marquez looks great against everybody not named Floyd and Pac.
            BTW- Marquez is a great fighter, he fought Pac close twice and he deserves the shot.

When fighters reach certain levels, they are matched with similar opponents that other great fighters have faced to draw comparisons. Cotto was matched with Demarcus Corley, Victor Sosa and Zab Judah all after Floyd beat them. Why, because his handlers wanted to see how Cotto handled common opponents. Floyd was matched against Genaro Hernadez and Arturro Gatti after De La Hoya beat them.That’s just how boxing works to an extent.
            Great post

Its logic and common sense but 95% of this place seems to lack it

Comment

Mayweather is not the brightest guy around. He makes these grandiose comments without ever fully thinking them through. If he had, he could asked himself one simple question..."why did I choose Marquez as a comeback fight?". Once he's able to answer that question, he'd learn quickly that he's a walking contradiction.

Comment

Floyd always has excuses to not fight somone.He's about money but he tuned down 8mill fr Margarito and that would of been his biggest payday at the time.Pac has beatn the best welters of Floyds generation.Pacs resume is way better.Barrera,Morales,Marquez,Hatton,DLH,Cotto,Cl ottley,Margs,Mosey.Floyd fans have to admit that floyd is a ducker.as a welter floyd fought Baldomir,Judah,Hatton,Marquez,Mosley.Come on!

Comment

When did Floyd fight Barrerra, Morales, and Marquez before Pacquiao?

When did he fight Cotto, Clottey and Margarito before Pacquiao?

Those 6 fighter I just named would wipe the floor with floyd which is why he straight up ducked em

Comment

i wonder if the people defending floyd are going to get their emails hacked and blackmailed with pics of their gfs

Comment

??

mayweather is right! when he beats these guys it dont mean anything but when pac beats them it makes him great, pac is a great fighter but he hasnt done anything to show me hes the best ever, u can say things about floyds resume but u also gotta mention the flaws in pacs! pacs team is feeding him bs fighters since DLH cotto was a good match but even he wasnt the same after losing

Comment

Working...
                      X