• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
    here's Saddo's 2006 p4p rankings
    http://www.saddo boxing.com/2703-boxing-pound-4-pound-top-10-list.html

removed the space and put in your browser

you can also google it and find Ring Mag's 2006 p4p...afterwards, you can feel free to STFU
    Here's what the article that you posted says:

1. Manny Pacquiao

The Filippino phenomenom just keeps his spot. However, he has refused to get lazy off the back off his demolition of Ricky Hatton in 2 rounds. He next plans to take on Miguel Cotto in November at a 145lb catchweight & a chance to become the first 7 division champion in boxing history. A win would undoubtedly seal his status as an All-Time Great as well as setting up a fight with Floyd Mayweather to decide who is greatest of this era. A win would see him off into a life of politics. Even a defeat to Cotto opens up possibilities such as a rematch with nemesis Juan Manuel Marquez, & with his lineal belt at 140 still there, there would remain plenty of challenges

2: Floyd Mayweather Jr

Mayweather returned from a 21 month layoff to beat the man widely considered the 2nd best fighter in the world. Granted there were size advantages, but the manner in which he beat him was particularly impressive & may be the reason that Mayweather was #1 on half of all votes polled. His next step is almost certainly a fight with the winner of the Cotto-Pacquiao fight, and should Pacquiao win, it would be a huge event as well as a chance for Mayweather to take back his crown. Should he win there a fight with the Berto/Mosley winner is available, or if he could make the weight, a fight with the Williams/Pavlik winner

Mosley has still remained unable to find himself to get in the ring with those who command the big paychecks. Additionally, his actions following the Mayweather-Marquez fight have damaged his reputation & possibly his ability to get an immediate fight with Mayweather. It now looks likely that he will face young gun Andre Berto in January, although a win there might very well get him the fight with Mayweather, Pacquiao or Cotto that he desires.

So I guess Manny fought Hatton in 2006?

You just proved me right and owned yourself at the same time! Stay off the weed, man.
    Last edited by BoxingGenius27; 09-07-2011, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
      Manny fought Ledwaba, Barrera, Marquez, Morales (twice), and Solis in their primes.

Mayweather fought Corrales, Hernandez, Chavez, Castillo (twice), N'dou, Judah, Hatton,a nd now Ortiz in their primes.

How did both do??? Mayweather beat everyone. Pacquiao beat Ledwaba and Barrera, than had a draw with Marquez. Then, he lost to Morales, and came back to beat Morales, and than beat Solis.

That's examing both fighters against prime good fighters.

If you take the bias out of it, Manny has fought a total list of better names, while Floyd fought some of those names as well as other names when they were more credible for sure. For example, people get on Mayweather for not giving Oscar a rematch, even though it was clear who won, but they never get on Pac for only giving Barrera a rematch 4 years later when he past it. Again, he was only willing to fight Marquez again 4 years later when he was no longer prime. Manny beat Barrera in his prime once, and drew with Marquez in his prime. Then, he split with Morales in his prime. By the 3rd fight, Morales was questioning retirement because he said he "didn't have it anymore". Mayweather beat prime versions of Corrales, Castillo (twice), Hernandez, Chavez, Judah, Hatton, and now most likely Ortiz.

Pac has the total list of better names, but no way should Mayweather be overlooked as he fought more prime fighters and event he past prime guys when they were more credible coming off wins. The Clotteyw in was crap and even worse than Mayweather's Baldomir win if you ask me. Clottey hadn't won in 2 years, at least Baldy had just upset Judah and hadn't lost in 8 years.

It's even now, but Pac choosing to fight Marquez instead of Ortiz when he had the chance opned up a lot of people's eyes I think.
      so its downplay every win by pac and give credit to every win by floyd?

Comment

Manny fought Ledwaba, Barrera, Marquez, Morales (twice), and Solis in their primes.

Mayweather fought Corrales, Hernandez, Chavez, Castillo (twice), N'dou, Judah, Hatton,a nd now Ortiz in their primes.

How did both do??? Mayweather beat everyone. Pacquiao beat Ledwaba and Barrera, than had a draw with Marquez. Then, he lost to Morales, and came back to beat Morales, and than beat Solis.

That's examing both fighters against prime good fighters.

If you take the bias out of it, Manny has fought a total list of better names, while Floyd fought some of those names as well as other names when they were more credible for sure. For example, people get on Mayweather for not giving Oscar a rematch, even though it was clear who won, but they never get on Pac for only giving Barrera a rematch 4 years later when he past it. Again, he was only willing to fight Marquez again 4 years later when he was no longer prime. Manny beat Barrera in his prime once, and drew with Marquez in his prime. Then, he split with Morales in his prime. By the 3rd fight, Morales was questioning retirement because he said he "didn't have it anymore". Mayweather beat prime versions of Corrales, Castillo (twice), Hernandez, Chavez, Judah, Hatton, and now most likely Ortiz.

Pac has the total list of better names, but no way should Mayweather be overlooked as he fought more prime fighters and event he past prime guys when they were more credible coming off wins. The Clotteyw in was crap and even worse than Mayweather's Baldomir win if you ask me. Clottey hadn't won in 2 years, at least Baldy had just upset Judah and hadn't lost in 8 years.

It's even now, but Pac choosing to fight Marquez instead of Ortiz when he had the chance opned up a lot of people's eyes I think.
        and lol at solis

Comment

Originally posted by Chopper417 View Post
          As I mentioned before I think overall Manny's resume is better, and that's coming from a Floyd fan. My main issue is why people say Manny's resume is better. To be completely honest nothing that Mayweather or Pac have done above 140 has really impressed me or defined them as fighters. I think Pac's run above 140 has been one of the biggest scams in boxing history, nonetheless casual boxing fans define his career on this. In my opinion Pac's career was defined below 135lb. Pac's wins below 135 tip his resume to be slightly better than Floyd's. The interesting part about that though is the fact that many people (including myself) feel that Floyd might have been the best 135lber ever.
          Many people don't feel that way.

Many people feel that Duran is the GOAT at 135, but Gans and B. Leonard have a case as also being the GOAT. Along with Ortiz, Whitaker, Amstrong, Williams, and Canzoneri. All all greater than Floyd at 135. I wouldn't even put Floyd in the top 50 in such a deep division.

What makes him the best? He has 5 fights at that weight. And, 3 of them were the toughest ones of his career. Augustus, Castillo 2x, Sosa and Ndou. Nothing shows him being the best ever at that weight.

Floyd best weight was 130. He had a great resume there. But, Arguello run at 130 surpasses Floyd IMO. But, I think Floyd beats him H2H.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
            OMG!!! Here it is:

Floyd Mayweather Jr.
            Manny Pacquiao
            Ronald (Winky) Wright
            Jermain Taylor
            Bernard Hopkins
            Marco Antonio Barrera
            Rafael Marquez
            Ricky Hatton
            Jose Luis Castillo
            Joe Calzaghe

According to the article you provided, they agree with me on the fact that Mayweather was the better fighter and had the better resume. That's why they ranked Mayweather as #1. Come on man!!

Comment

Originally posted by peyk-peyk View Post
              Ouch...

Mak throwing a right hook and straight left (ala Pacauiao) to the chin of a *****!

What are you talking about?

Did you read anything in this thread until now?

I clearly owned Mak and he helped me do it by providing sources to prove me right!! Now you just made yourself look 10x ******er by trying to agree with him failing to realize that Mak owned himself and proved me right...

OMG, you guys gotta be kidding me here lol I feel like I'm in the twi-light zone or something LMFAO!!

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                Many people don't feel that way.

Many people feel that Duran is the GOAT at 135, but Gans and B. Leonard have a case as also being the GOAT. Along with Ortiz, Whitaker, Amstrong, Williams, and Canzoneri. All all greater than Floyd at 135. I wouldn't even put Floyd in the top 50 in such a deep division.

What makes him the best? He has 5 fights at that weight. And, 3 of them were the toughest ones of his career. Augustus, Castillo 2x, Sosa and Ndou. Nothing shows him being the best ever at that weight.

Floyd best weight was 130. He had a great resume there. But, Arguello run at 130 surpasses Floyd IMO. But, I think Floyd beats him H2H.
                You're correct, my typo.

Comment

Well it depends. Both have fought good fighters in their primes and both have fought good fighters who were past their primes.

I do a check-mark system to evaulate Floyd and Manny. For example, something Manny has the edge on, he gets a check which equals a point in his favor.

Best win for Manny was over a latter prime Barrera in 2003. Best win for Floyd was probably the win over a prime and unbeaten Corrales in 2001. Manny gets a check on that one. 1-0 Pacquiao.

Manny has two knockout losses to nobody fighters, and 2 draws on his record. One was to a nobody and one was to a latter prime Marquez. Mayweather has zero losses or draws against his opposition. 1-1 Tied.

Mayweather beat De La Hoya at 154, and a year and a half before Manny. Mayweather also beat the latter prime version of Hatton, who was unbeaten, as well as beating Mosley who was coming off knocking Margarito out, who had previously beat Cotto. Manny only beat Oscar, Hatton, and Mosley after Floyd did and when they were coming off sub-par performances. 2-1 Mayweather

Manny did beat the past prime-still good version of Marquez first technically, although Mayweather beat the same version much more convincingly. But Mayweather was not going to go down to 140 or 135, so Marquez had to go up to 144. 2-2 Tied.

Now lets look at the top-contenders and really solid fighters both beat in their careers. Manny beat a prime Ledwaba, prime Solis, and a past prime still good Diaz. Floyd beat a prime Manfredy, prime C. Hernandez, prime Chavez, and a prime N'dou. Hernandez and Chavez would both go on to be world title holders, while Ledwaba and Solis did next to nothing after Manny. Diaz was a good win, but not in his prime like Manfredy and N'dou were. You gotta give the "top contender" and "solid fighter" category to Mayweather. 3-2 Mayweather.

Now lets rank each others welterweight wins and see what could cancel each other out. Manny beating a past prime Clottey who hadn't won in 2 years cancels out Mayweather beating Baldomir, who actually hadn't lost in over 8 years. After that, manny has other wins over past prime-still really Cotto, past prime Margarito, and past prime Mosley. Mayweather has wins over a latter prime Zab Judah, past prime-still good Marquez, and a past prime Mosley. So, Manny's best win left at 147 was against a past prime-still really good Cotto, and Floyd's best win left at 147 was against a latter-prime Zab Judah. Manny gets a check for that one, as Judah was in his latter-prime and not on the total downside like Cotto was after his loss to Margarito, but I still give beating Cotto an edge. 3-3 Tied. Mayweather over Mosley and Marquez is more impressive than Manny's wins over Margarito and Mosley though. Simply because of the factors of what each had done prior to the fights. Mosley had just knocked Margarito out and Mayweather fought Mosley, while Pacquiao fought Margarito coming off getting knocked out. Then, Pacquiao fought Mosley coming off losing to Floyd and a draw with Mora. Mayweather made Marquez go up to 144, but Marquez only had the controversial loss to Pacquiao and wins recently. 4-3 Mayweather.

Then, that leaves Mayweather with wins over a past prime-still good Genaro Hernandez, prime Castillo (twice), and a past prime Arturo Gatti. That leaves Manny with a draw against a latter prime Marquez, a loss to a latter prime Morales, a win over a latter prime Morales, a win over a apst prime-still good Morales, and a win over a apst prime-still good Marquez. I'll give Manny the slight edge here,e ven though he had draws and losses. 4-4 Tied.

There you have it. It's tied for me. This could all be settled once they fight each other. However, if they don't, it will be interesting to see who finishes out better. Mawyeather is a step ahead of Pacquiao now though, because he's fighting a prime Ortiz coming off a big win while Pacquiao is fighting a past prime Marquez again. If Pacquiao finishes his career off fighting Marquez, Berto, Cotto, and maybe Jones, he will be leaving a lot to be desired. If Mayweather finishes his career out fighting Ortiz, Khan, Alvarez, than I would definitely give Mayweather the slight edge in resume.
                  damn, that is awfully long and theres a lot of dumb **** in it...

anyways here:
                  flyweight = 1-0 pac ( lineal)
                  sbw= 2-0
                  fw= 3- 0 pac (lineal)
                  jr lw
                  floyd fought -genaro, gerena, corrales, chavez (good but never great fighters)(lineal)

pac fought - barrera, jmm, morales and larios (3 of them are sure hof's) (lineal)
                  the fact that floyd has more body of work but pac has the better wins there makes me lean towrds pac....better wins >>>more body of work
                  4- pac
                  lw-
                  floyd - jlc pac - diaz so
                  4-1 pac
                  jr ww
                  pac fought hatton (lineal)
                  floyd fought - gatti and corley
                  5-1 pac
                  ww
                  floyd fought mitchell, judah , baldomir ,and shane(lineal).

pac fought cotto , shane, and clottey
                  altho floyd was the lineal there , he got vs medocare figther
                  cotto win >>>>any floyd ww win
                  6-1 pac

sww= floyd wins there

total
                  6- 2...

not even counting FOTY and fighter of the decade award, still pac's overall resume ****s on floyd...

Comment

Manny's resume is better. I don't think too highly about athletes career resumes as much as i think highly about their abilities to perform in their respective sports. To me all the achievements and accolades goes out of the window once you step in the battle field to face your foe, but that's how i look at it.

Comment

Pac has the better resume. Its almost like asking who has the better resume of Ali and Marciano, or Tyson apart from Tyson isnt unbeaten.

Comment

Working...
                      X