Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBO Trying Its Best To Rebuild Berto...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Berto is just not a good fighter. He's dead average.

HBO trying to hype him up to be something he isn't is the story if his career.

This guy is a two weight world Champion and his best wins are Carlos Quintana and Jan Zaveck (I felt he lost to Collazo)

It's just a joke.

The next time he steps up he will lose, again.

Berto is a key example that belts are just being handed out now. Belts are getting to a stage where they mean almost nothing.

As for 24/7, Mak, no mention of Boza-Edwards in your breakdown?????

Would have thought a fellow lover of classic, unappreicated 80's fighters would have been hyped about his parts in the show.

And Boza-Edwards was one of the most exciting of the bunch as you know!

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
      my jabs/rant is directed mostly at HBO, not Berto
      I'm going to go with 60/40.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Berto is just not a good fighter. He's dead average.

HBO trying to hype him up to be something he isn't is the story if his career.

This guy is a two weight world Champion and his best wins are Carlos Quintana and Jan Zaveck (I felt he lost to Collazo)

It's just a joke.

The next time he steps up he will lose, again.

Berto is a key example that belts are just being handed out now. Belts are getting to a stage where they mean almost nothing.

As for 24/7, Mak, no mention of Boza-Edwards in your breakdown?????

Would have thought a fellow lover of classic, unappreicated 80's fighters would have been hyped about his parts in the show.

And Boza-Edwards was one of the most exciting of the bunch as you know!

i was on such a roll with my negative rant, i omitted my most favorite part of the episode ...it was nice to see Boza-Edwards on there...kinda sucks they didn't elaborate on his career a lil more...when he walked in the door and they introduced him, i thought for sure they would angle his career

instead, they made him look like Roger's babysitter

Comment

I'm going to go with 60/40.

damn...i was aiming for a 65-35 but i guess all the clinching added to the Berto side

i know its part of the game but can he do ANYthing else in between punches other than clinch?

Comment

i was on such a roll with my negative rant, i omitted my most favorite part of the episode ...it was nice to see Boza-Edwards on there...kinda sucks they didn't elaborate on his career a lil more...when he walked in the door and they introduced him, i thought for sure they would angle his career

instead, they made him look like Roger's babysitter
            Same here I wish they did a little breakdown of how exciting his career was considering he was fighting around the same time as Roger too and they're both old school kind of guys so they should have and could have.

But ah well, I didn't even know he was training fighters. I'm glad he got a single mention at all.

Most people in here didn't even know who he was. Tons of comments like 'Roger's driver is awesome!'

In the 80's, who'd have thought that in over 20 years time that Cornelius Boza-Edwards would be known to the new Boxing fans as 'Roger Mayweather's driver'

Comment

damn...i was aiming for a 65-35 but i guess all the clinching added to the Berto side

i know its part of the game but can he do ANYthing else in between punches other than clinch?
              You know what gets me? If your profession is fighting, why don't you actually get some sort of style?

Why don't you actually form some sort of gameplan?

He's not really an agressive fighter, and he's certainly not a defensive fighter. He's pretty much good at nothing other than having good power and speed.

And when he clinches, he's not even being sufficent or doing any kind of inside work. He just stands there and kind of waits until he gets punched in the face once or twice before doing something else.

Comment

Berto looked WORSE to me last night than he usually does!!

Comment

and as for episode 2 of 24/7

that **** is geting stale as ****..REALLY stale and boring

Danny vs Robert beef = boring...covered that in episode 1

Temo Ortiz talking = noone gives a **** about you truckdriver

Victor talking = please dont...just keep training...if you keep talking you're gonna end up making me root for Floyd

Floyd flaunting his money = talk about PLAYED THE **** YOU...get some new material jr....

Floyd and 50 cent = that's just some gay ass ****...really...the moment those two ***g0ts come out of the closet, 80% of Floyd's fans on this forum will experiment with ****sexuality

Roger going to anger management classes = yes HBO, filming a closed door is really great...filming him drinking soda, another great way to waste time

the only thing that i found mildly amusing is Floyd's bodyguards giving out 'courtesy' laughs when Floyd tries to make jokes
                  World class post.

Comment

Good ol boxingscene.

The hate against a fighter who just won, that never gets old. Reading threads like these is the reason why I don't post here anymore, the hate is ridiculous.

The hate against Andre Berto, or any fighter who just got a win, on these dumb ass forums, is even more disgusting than a network trying to build up a fighter.

Quoting action fighter, as if Andre Berto vs Collazo, Quintana, Ortiz, Zaveck, were not all action fights, and like if he doesn't dispose of lesser fighters like he's supposed to. Urango and Forbes were his lamest fights. But that's only 2 performances.

Compare his last couple of fights, to shit like Pac-Clottey, or Pac-Mosley, two fucking lame ass expensive fights. $55 dollars for no reason at all vs 0$ dollars for Berto-Ortiz, Berto-Zaveck, Berto-Collazo, Berto-Quintana.

Who gives a shit if he's being well-promoted by HBO and Haymon, he's not afraid to be hit, he doesn't care about getting in to wars, he's an exciting young fighter and you dumb haters don't like that. Stop your god damn whining about every single fight. There hasn't been a high profile fight/good fight in a while, and the first good match up in a while gets all this shit thrown at it.

Boxing fans=lamest sports fans in the world.

Comment

Same here I wish they did a little breakdown of how exciting his career was considering he was fighting around the same time as Roger too and they're both old school kind of guys so they should have and could have.

But ah well, I didn't even know he was training fighters. I'm glad he got a single mention at all.

Most people in here didn't even know who he was. Tons of comments like 'Roger's driver is awesome!'

In the 80's, who'd have thought that in over 20 years time that Cornelius Boza-Edwards would be known to the new Boxing fans as 'Roger Mayweather's driver'

if they can set aside 10mins for Freddie's one eyed janitor at Wild Card, they can set aside 10mins talking about Boza-Edwards' career...throw some quick highlights of the Chacon fights at least...24/7 dropped the ball on that one

and yes, if you told me in the 80s that he's end up as Roger's driver i woulda thought the future is one ****ed up place

if you told me in the 80s that there's gonna be a more obnoxious Mayweather that's pretty unbeatable, i might have stopped watching the sport

Comment

Working...
                      X