HBO Trying Its Best To Rebuild Berto...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    Good ol boxingscene.

The hate against a fighter who just won, that never gets old. Reading threads like these is the reason why I don't post here anymore

then why did you break the trend with this thread? please stay the course about not posting when you dont like what you read

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Berto is just not a good fighter. He's dead average.

HBO trying to hype him up to be something he isn't is the story if his career.

This guy is a two weight world Champion and his best wins are Carlos Quintana and Jan Zaveck (I felt he lost to Collazo)

It's just a joke.

The next time he steps up he will lose, again.

Berto is a key example that belts are just being handed out now. Belts are getting to a stage where they mean almost nothing.

As for 24/7, Mak, no mention of Boza-Edwards in your breakdown?????

Would have thought a fellow lover of classic, unappreicated 80's fighters would have been hyped about his parts in the show.

And Boza-Edwards was one of the most exciting of the bunch as you know!
      You mean he's a 2-time Welterweight champion?

Because he's only won titles at 147.

Unless you're trying to say he's a champion, in general, that has fought in two different weight classes?

Comment

Berto-Maidana would be sick.

Not sure how Marcos would look at 147.

He's an averaged size JWW.

I would still favor Marcos.

Comment

Good ol boxingscene.

The hate against a fighter who just won, that never gets old. Reading threads like these is the reason why I don't post here anymore, the hate is ridiculous.

The hate against Andre Berto, or any fighter who just got a win, on these dumb ass forums, is even more disgusting than a network trying to build up a fighter.

Quoting action fighter, as if Andre Berto vs Collazo, Quintana, Ortiz, Zaveck, were not all action fights, and like if he doesn't dispose of lesser fighters like he's supposed to. Urango and Forbes were his lamest fights. But that's only 2 performances.

Compare his last couple of fights, to shit like Pac-Clottey, or Pac-Mosley, two fucking lame ass expensive fights. $55 dollars for no reason at all vs 0$ dollars for Berto-Ortiz, Berto-Zaveck, Berto-Collazo, Berto-Quintana.

Who gives a shit if he's being well-promoted by HBO and Haymon, he's not afraid to be hit, he doesn't care about getting in to wars, he's an exciting young fighter and you dumb haters don't like that. Stop your god damn whining about every single fight. There hasn't been a high profile fight/good fight in a while, and the first good match up in a while gets all this shit thrown at it.

Boxing fans=lamest sports fans in the world.
          This and what makes more sick people acting like he is a complete bum when he has great hand speed good power good combos an a great uppercut. He has alot of flaws but what fighter doesnt.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
            ...is just ****ing disgusting...shows how much power Al Haymon really does have over that network

the Berto deepthroating last night was just downright pathetic

this wasn't the 'new and improved' Berto...it was the same plodding, flat footed, hit-and-clinch fighter that they've been hyping up since day 1

i didnt see much improvement...but the HBO crew, especially that lispy bastard Kellerman just took it to another level

'action fighter'

'cant wait to see him again'

'dont hate on Al Haymon fighters its not their fault'

eat a d1ck Kellerman

and those cuts that were caused by 'punches'?

sure Max....

you see Berto holding and rubbing his head on Zaveck's face...5 secs later, Zaveck is busted up and Max, who didn't see **** claims it was hooks...slow mo replays didnt show anything but Berto using his head

i hope Berto gets lined up to fight PAC after JMM...let's end the hypejob once and for all
            Agreed completely. Zaveck was not garnering the respect he deserved whilst he was giving Berto a run for his money. I also believe the cut was caused by a head-butt which makes me a bit angry.

Oh well. It is what it is, and all I can hope for now is for a rematch to be made. Good-close fight overall, I had it 3-2 Zaveck (could easily see people having Berto winning however).
            Last edited by analog 2; 09-04-2011, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
              if they can set aside 10mins for Freddie's one eyed janitor at Wild Card, they can set aside 10mins talking about Boza-Edwards' career...throw some quick highlights of the Chacon fights at least...24/7 dropped the ball on that one

and yes, if you told me in the 80s that he's end up as Roger's driver i woulda thought the future is one ****ed up place

if you told me in the 80s that there's gonna be a more obnoxious Mayweather that's pretty unbeatable, i might have stopped watching the sport
              That's a very good point!

Oh man his fights with Bobby Chacon are some of the best fights I have ever seen! Seriously, those fights are incredible.

They really would have lightened up the show with some Boza-Edwards nostaligia.

See that's where we differ, Roger Mayweather was one of my favourite fighters back then and I would have loved a future teller to tell me that he would have an ATG Nephew.

Maybe I would have told them to make sure he isn't a moron outside the ring and we would have the best of both worlds now.

Maybe next week they can promote the match we all would have loved to see.. Boza-Edwards Vs Roger Mayweather.

Put that **** on the undercard instead of Jessie Vargas.

Comment

HBO Trying Its Best To Rebuild Berto...

God, what fighter doesn't get rebuilt after a god damn first loss?

Amir Khan, loses to Prescott by TKO1. Gets a bunch of light hitting fighters like Kotelnik, Malignaggi, Salita, McCloskey, and a old ass Zab Judah who's seen his best days. That's rebuilding a fighter. UK media hyping him up, trying to rebuild him, put him out there again. Nobody cares, everybody praises him, McCloskey fights ends up with cut by headbutt from Khan, nobody cares.

An Al Haymon fighter is in the process of getting rebuilt, it's a big deal , OMG HBO, fuck you Max, Haymon sucks ****, don't rebuild him, don't praise him, he sucks, blah blah blah.

Man...Boxing fans suck. While watching the fight with some firends who enjoyed Berto-Zaveck, I forgot what the real world in boxingscene is like. I actually enjoyed the fight, then log in here and see nothing but hate, like always, against a fighter who wins. Any fighter who wins, has his pack of idiots making negative threads about his performance, always. That's why the sports world looks down on Boxing so much, how can any one like a sport that YOU hate on so much?

Comment

You mean he's a 2-time Welterweight champion?

Because he's only won titles at 147.

Unless you're trying to say he's a champion, in general, that has fought in two different weight classes?
                  My bad that was a typo.

I meant 2 time World Champion.

Comment

Kev, relax bro... Berto's got his fans.

It's not like there's 1,500 people on here bashing Andre... it's really a handful.. maybe 20 or so.

In the big scheme of things, it's not that bad... it's just that it's put in front of us to read.

If anything Berto is good for the sport because he provides entertainment. The hardcore fans might not respect him as much because of his lack of fundamentals or this or that, but for the casuals... they watch for entertainment, at the very least, he provides tons of that.

He stands there and bangs, and for the most part, on a general consensus... that's what people want.

Comment

Nah he right. Boxing fans are terrible.

Comment

Working...
                      X