No announcement yet.

HBO Trying Its Best To Rebuild Berto...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
    ...is just ****ing disgusting...shows how much power Al Haymon really does have over that network

the Berto deepthroating last night was just downright pathetic

this wasn't the 'new and improved' Berto...it was the same plodding, flat footed, hit-and-clinch fighter that they've been hyping up since day 1

i didnt see much improvement...but the HBO crew, especially that lispy bastard Kellerman just took it to another level

'action fighter'

'cant wait to see him again'

'dont hate on Al Haymon fighters its not their fault'

eat a d1ck Kellerman

and those cuts that were caused by 'punches'?

sure Max....

you see Berto holding and rubbing his head on Zaveck's face...5 secs later, Zaveck is busted up and Max, who didn't see **** claims it was hooks...slow mo replays didnt show anything but Berto using his head

i hope Berto gets lined up to fight PAC after JMM...let's end the hypejob once and for all
    One of the funniest Kellerman lines was a few months ago when he called Andre Ward a hype job. lol .

Comment

that's how he always fights dude...hit-n-clinch...him throwing a couple more combos was more due to Zaveck covering up the whole time

that fight ended in what? the 5th? about the time he gasses...had it gone on a couple of rounds, it would have been the exact same Berto...a tired, clinching fighter
      Im not arguing that he is a great fighter im just saying his last 2 fights have been pretty exciting and he isnt exactly a bad fighter. His overhyping by Kellerman and Jones is fuking annoying but im used to that from those 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Shogunofharlem1 View Post
        One of the funniest Kellerman lines was a few months ago when he called Andre Ward a hype job. lol .
        Really when did he say that? I think his funniest line was when he said Devon Alexander was future p4p material.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
          Did you see The Ring interview with Haymon in their current issue?

Haymon's answers are very interesting.

He even said he expects HBOs Kery Davis to give him $6 million for Paul Williams next fight.

WOW...that's just horrible

Comment

...is just ****ing disgusting...shows how much power Al Haymon really does have over that network

the Berto deepthroating last night was just downright pathetic

this wasn't the 'new and improved' Berto...it was the same plodding, flat footed, hit-and-clinch fighter that they've been hyping up since day 1

i didnt see much improvement...but the HBO crew, especially that lispy bastard Kellerman just took it to another level

'action fighter'
            'cant wait to see him again'
            'dont hate on Al Haymon fighters its not their fault'

eat a d1ck Kellerman

and those cuts that were caused by 'punches'?

sure Max....

you see Berto holding and rubbing his head on Zaveck's face...5 secs later, Zaveck is busted up and Max, who didn't see **** claims it was hooks...slow mo replays didnt show anything but Berto using his head

i hope Berto gets lined up to fight PAC after JMM...let's end the hypejob once and for all

first of all it doesnt have a whole lot to do with al haymons influence, it has to do with berto being an olympian and an action fighter. when he first came on hbo he was one of the best if not the best prospect in boxing.

second nothing kellerman said was untrue and he never said it was a new and improved berto. u say hes the same flat footed plodding fighter as before and thats the very same reason hes an action fighter. i mean the fight was a war!

kellerman acctually brought up the fact that berto squares up too much, that he doesnt move his head or feet after he lands etc but thats also what makes him exciting and max is right about that.

from a skill standpoint hes the same flawed berto, max never said anything different from that. but he makes for good action fights, and wasnt there action last night? where is max off point?

the slow motion replay also didnt show zavecks face before the face rubbing and he could very well have been cut already and a left hook did land right on the eye right before that sequence. just bcuz u werent paying enough attention to know what happened other than the slow motion replays doesnt mean nothing else happened.

its unclear if it came from a punch or a butt. i will say this, cuts rarely open up from fighters rubbing heads (your choice of words not mine). there wasnt a really strong clash and no real reaction from zaveck to indicate he got cut after they smothered eachother with their heads.

last but not least calling berto a hypejob is ignorant, he is a flawed fighter and i wasnt impressed by his performance last night but he is young, very talented and already is a two time champion. he hasnt beaten the best fighters out there but he beat some very solid fighters very convincinlgy and deserves props.

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
              Really when did he say that? I think his funniest line was when he said Devon Alexander was future p4p material.
              Its was one of their segments when they were talking about the supermiddleweights. He said something like "Ward is getting a lot of hype but remains unimpressive." You could tell the HBO announcers wanna say chad dawson is a better fighter.
              Last edited by Shogunofharlem1; 09-04-2011, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Skills pay the bills...

Comment

Still at them even bringing up Taylor... I think I even heard them bring up sugar ray.. not sure if they were speaking on leonard .. but wow. Berto is not at the elite level.. dude is not even top 5 caliber IMO. MAAAAYYYBEE top 10.. but I can see many of the other top WW's beating the guy.

Comment

It's pathetic, he'll be fed cans until he runs into someone elite again, then down he goes.

Comment

They need to make him happy or he's taking Floyd to showtime.

Comment

Working...
                      X