Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather vs Ortiz on September 17, Floyd Jr. Confirms

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just awesome, really the best news in boxing in a long time.

Comment

• Victor Ortiz...
      did anyone else see the lamont peterson fight?

i know he's a "champion" at WW, but has he ever fought at the WW limit? he won the belt on his first fight at welterweight, a catchweight at that.... that's fine... but the biggest thing for me is that he looked bad against lamont peterson just last december... i dunno if people should be excited about this... except for maybe the hardcore mayweather fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
        17 months inactivity... at 34 1/2 years old...

Floyds skills are years beyond Ortiz... but he's not invincible, he's not unbeatable.

He just A. Hasn't fought anyone who can beat him yet, and B. Got to the age where ring wear has effected him yet..

But, this is the time in a fighters life (generally) where they start to lose a step, they start to see that split second timing go away a bit, the legs slow down a bit.. the reaction time isn't quite the same as it used to be.

Ortiz, no SUPERIOR boxer to Floyd, is still a young, prime, BIG (161lbs on FN) and Southpaw, coming off the best win of his career.

This will not be a walk in the park.

I favor Floyd, as anyone SHOULD favor Floyd... but this isn't easy.

Berto hit Ortiz with HUGE MONSTER shots, and it still did not deter him from attacking.
        Great post. That's exactly why fans of the sport aren't downing this fight.

Comment

• IF Floyd is rusty, Ortiz can rock him the way Mosley did.

Or should I say the way Ortiz rocked Berto.

Comment

• Pacquiao or Floyd were gonna have to give one of those contenders a shot eventually. Glad it happened. Ortiz deserves it.

Comment

• As much I enjoyed the Berto Ortiz fight.
              Floyds skills are too good and too talented.

Maybe we'll see Ortiz land a bomb.
              Should be exciting. About time Floyd got back in the ring.

Comment

• Where's my favorite *******[Check_Hooks] at?

Comment

• Originally posted by wacksauce View Post
                  Victor Ortiz...
                  did anyone else see the lamont peterson fight?

i know he's a "champion" at WW, but has he ever fought at the WW limit? he won the belt on his first fight at welterweight, a catchweight at that.... that's fine... but the biggest thing for me is that he looked bad against lamont peterson just last december... i dunno if people should be excited about this... except for maybe the hardcore mayweather fans.
                  Did you see the Ortiz/Berto fight? It happened after the Lamont Peterson fight.

Comment

• LET'S GO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
                      Cotto was done after Antonio Margarito according to many observers and didn't Cotto take a knee in the Margarito fight? Don't get me wrong because Cotto earned my respect but the Cotto who fought Manny at 145 did not look half as good as Ortiz did in his fight against Berto. Ortiz quit but got better and I think at the end that is what counts. Marg put a beating on Cotto, took a knee and hasn't been the same since.
                      did you even see the berto/ortiz fight? ortiz did not look good at all... neither one of them did... i mean yea it was a good fight, only because they kept knocking each other's asses down, which made it exciting... Ortiz did NOT dominate... and he did NOT look good... do me a favor, go watch the fight for real... then come back and tell me ortiz looked good..

he was an ankle wiggle away from getting knocked out himself.. that is the truth. **** he couldn't even beat lamont! watch that fight too... he faded BADLY. that was only 6 months ago.

Comment

Working...
                      X