No announcement yet.

is it me or aaron pryor is overrated in boxingscene

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Koca1nst1xx View Post
    Pac has had a great career but I would rank Floyd higher to if it ended today, but the fact there careers are still going and a showdown is inevitable, i think your list will change to if Floyd does what many think he will against Pac and beats his ass!
    Well of course it will change if Floyd beats Pac. But, then again it might not. It all depends on how the careers end.

But, right now is Floyd>Pac. The only one from the last 15 years that can rival Pac greatness is Roy Jones.

But, I have it Pac>Roy>Hopkins>Floyd. I can't see how Floyd could be rank higher than the other 3 guys at all. You have to be a big nuthugger to do so.

Comment

Pryor was just another can this be the Leonard killer but since they never fought of course that means advantage Pryor.... Does it make sense that Leonard would challenge and beat the middleweight King Hagler but somehow be scared of the 140 Pryor, I guesd thats the way a haters mind works
      Last edited by Code Red; 05-03-2011, 02:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Code Red View Post
        Pryor was just another can this be the Leonard killer but since they never fought of course that means advantage ..... Does it make sense that Leonard would challenge and beat the middleweight King Hagler but somehow be scared of the 140 Pryor, I guesd thats the way a haters mind works
        How can Leonard be scared of Pryor when Leonard offered Pryor a career high payday and it was Pryor the one who turned it down?

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
          Well of course it will change if Floyd beats Pac. But, then again it might not. It all depends on how the careers end.

But, right now is Floyd>Pac. The only one from the last 15 years that can rival Pac greatness is Roy Jones.

But, I have it Pac>Roy>Hopkins>Floyd. I can't see how Floyd could be rank higher than the other 3 guys at all. You have to be a big nuthugger to do so.
          Not really sure how it's outrageous at all to have Mayweather over Hopkins. Hopkins spent much of his career fighting poor opposition at middleweight. Yeah, not his fault, but it is what it is, a **** era at 160. He's an amazing fighter, but his resume of wins tend to look better on paper then they really are. Some of the biggest wins on his ledger (Wright, Pavlik, DLH) were against guys who did nothing of note at the weight class they fought at.

How much extra credit should we give him because he did things at an old age?

Comment

Jones>Hopkins>Mayweather>Pac

Comment

How the **** are you going to rank Pac above Roy, B Hop, and Mayweather, are u ****ing crazy or just a blitzed out of your mind fanboy?

Comment

BoxRec, ugh.

Some people overrate him, but actually watching him fight you know he was a relentless force of a fighter. Any fighter ever at 140 would have a rough time fighting him.

Comment

How can Leonard be scared of Pryor when Leonard offered Pryor a career high payday and it was Pryor the one who turned it down?
                  You're arguing with people who refuse common sense, I know it's hard not to but don't bother.

Comment

Originally posted by Code Red View Post
                    I sure do rank Floyd higher, I can see quite easily that Pac aint as good, sorry but u wont change my opinion, u just tell your boy to take the test, get his azz in the ring with Floyd, and we'll see who the ATG is
                    Cmon now.... Pac is miles above Floyd Mayweather when it comes to ATG status.... their resumes speak for themselves. Floyd may be more skilled and may even beat Pac but it doesn't change the fact that Pac is greater.. Unless Floyd does something dramatic in his late career fighting Pac, Martinez and probably one more reputable opponent.

Comment

I think hes been hugely overrated in general, I don't think as highly as others do of his H2H ability.

Comment

Working...
                      X