• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw his record in box rec
    lmao

*leaves thread

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
      Not only that, but stopping Arguello when he did is equivalent to stopping Pacquiao anytime after the Hatton fight. We're talking about stopping the P4P #1, future HOFer, and top 30 or 20 ATG.
      If I'm not mistaken, Arguello was not P4P number one at the time, or at any for that matter, but it was an excellent win nonetheless. Arguello also hadn't done anything at that weight, he beat a nobody in Rooney, whereas Pac destroyed the Hatton and was lineal champ, I don't think it would be the equivalent.

The fact that he had to move up to 140 and fight future HOFer Cervantes because the lightweight titlists wouldn't give him a title shot at 135.
      Cervantes was past prime and Pryor had done nothing at lightweight to warrant a title shot.
      Last edited by RubenSonny; 05-03-2011, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Maybe if he wast a cheating sack of ***** you would hear about him more

Comment

Originally posted by PED User View Post
          Not really sure how it's outrageous at all to have Mayweather over Hopkins. Hopkins spent much of his career fighting poor opposition at middleweight. Yeah, not his fault, but it is what it is, a **** era at 160. He's an amazing fighter, but his resume of wins tend to look better on paper then they really are. Some of the biggest wins on his ledger (Wright, Pavlik, DLH) were against guys who did nothing of note at the weight class they fought at.

How much extra credit should we give him because he did things at an old age?
          Never mind.

Wrong thread....
          Last edited by Walt Liquor; 05-03-2011, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
            lol..everyones overated these days ey??lol.....learn some history
            lol yeah whos good now a days besides pac???????? once pac came around everyones level just shot down! wtf? aaron was a beast!

Comment

If Leonard-Pryor had ever fought Pryor would of got his azz whooped, detractors would simply discredit the win saying he picking on a smaller man. (while quickly forgeting all the **** they talked about how Pryor would destroy and overwhelm him) Just like they discredit Floyd for beating Marquez and Hatton, yet had Mayweather not fought him, they'd be saying he ducked Marquez/Hatton who called him out on National television. Just like they say Leonard ducked Pryor who called him out on Nat'l television.

Its what haterz do!
              Last edited by Code Red; 05-03-2011, 10:40 AM.

Comment

He is overrated.

Comment

The Ring Magazine ridiculously overrated Pryor.

They ranked him 30 spots over Thomas Hearns.

I guess turning down fights with Sugar Ray Leonard and Roberto Duran and beating Hearns as an 132 lb. amateur does wonders for your legacy, it's way better than winning titles from 147 to 175 and beating opponents like Pipino Cuevas, Duran, Wilfred Benitez, and Virgil Hill.

Comment

I could see why people would say Pryor is a bit over rated. The Hawk did beast on dudes but really his dossier of top win leaves something to be desired especially considering how certain fighters get dogged on here a great deal who you could certainly argue did quite a bit more.

Comment

I wouldn't hesitate to pick a prime Pryor over anyone at 140 right now.

Comment

Working...
                      X