No announcement yet.

is it me or aaron pryor is overrated in boxingscene

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    he beat cervantes who was a hall of famer and the champion at 140. he also beat top contenders dujuan johnson, lennox blackmore, sang yung kim, and miguel montilla. and arguello wasn't a featherweight when pryor fought him he was the 135 pound champion. all these wins were by ko's as well.
    guy probally never heard any of these guys...

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
      nope, but i'm sure he'll be going down the list on boxrec, then he'll come back and say they were bums.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
        hey I being watching boxing since the late 80s. I am no newbe

I have a legit questions you can not put in the hawk with great fighter of the 80s, duran, srl, hearns, arguello, (well arguello was more 70s)

Comment

i'll write up a good anti-pryor post for someone if they want to use it.

arguello was ko'd twice early in his career at featherweight. what's so great about pryor ko'ing him at 140? and he had to use a magical black bottle to do it! pryor got a gift decision against slick african american gary hinton. pryor ducked duran and sugar ray leonard and he got knocked out against bobby joe young(who?) pryor was a bum.

Comment

Originally posted by MEXGBP View Post
            I saw his record in box rec, it seems to me the he made a career out fighting feather weight alexis arguello, is the only hall of famer I see in his record.

7-8 title defenses not too impress
            It's you brother

Comment

Don't be a clown. Pryor was the ****in man. You just can't hate on the man as a fight fan. He always brought it and came out guns a blazin'

Comment

He was a terrific 140 lb fighter but these myths about how everyone ducked him need to end.

He turned down career high paydays against both Leonard and Duran.

It's why if HBO decides to do Legendary Nights again, they shouldnt put in all these false stuff for the sake of drama.
                Last edited by Thread Stealer; 05-02-2011, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MEXGBP View Post
                  I saw his record in box rec

I stopped reading after that...

Comment

Pryor was a bad mofo at 140. IMO a top 5 JWW of all time.

However, I think he's at the near the 100th mark in my top 100 P4P ATG IMO

And, for the record Duran nor Leonard ducked Pryor. If anything Pryor ducked both Leonard and Duran.

Comment

Fans overrate Pryor simply as a way to discredit Leonard, look no further than Mayweather-Pac for a comparison, of course they say Floyd ducking Pac but last I checked Floyd is not the one scared of Drug tests...

Comment

Working...
                      X