No announcement yet.

is it me or aaron pryor is overrated in boxingscene

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Code Red View Post
    Leonard/Floyd are boxers who fight smart and know how to sell a fight...

Pac/Pryor are volume punchers who are wreckless with shady trainers and handlers...

Fighters with styles like Pac/Pryor likely are on some kind of PED, give me the bottle, the one I mixed! I need 30 day cutoff for test!
    Then why did Leonard refuse to take steroid test when Hearns/Steward made a demand to do it?

You do know there was more suspicious in Leonard being involved in PED than there was in Pryor right?

Who's the media darling again? Did the media not like Leonard? Do they not like Pac?

I guess you silly goose have Floyd rank higher than Pac in ATG rankings. Which is quite laughable.
    Last edited by jrosales13; 05-03-2011, 01:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
      Then why didn't Leonard refuse to take steroid test when Hearns/Steward made a demand to do it?

You do know there was more suspicious in Leonard being involved in PED than there was in Pryor right?

Who's the media darling again? Did the media not like Leonard? Do they not like Pac?

I guess you silly goose have Floyd rank higher than Pac in ATG rankings. Which is quite laughable.
      I sure do rank Floyd higher, I can see quite easily that Pac aint as good, sorry but u wont change my opinion, u just tell your boy to take the test, get his azz in the ring with Floyd, and we'll see who the ATG is

Comment

Aaron Pryor was a savage a smaller Shane Mosley, who stayed close, a fight with Duran woulda been epic same with Leonard... I dont know but i think the Leonard fight was propsed at 154 or something.... Duran was unstable and i dont think he wanted to fight Aaron.. Aaron was knocking everybody out and its just a trvesty he didnt get his day, dude has a motor and his D was his O
        Last edited by GreatestIam; 05-03-2011, 02:01 AM.

Comment

I sure do rank Floyd higher, I can see quite easily that Pac aint as good, sorry buy u wont change my opinion, u just tell your boy to take the test, get his azz in the ring with Floyd, and we'll see who the ATG is
          Then your ATG ranking more than likely is quite laughable. I would love to see it one day for ****s and giggles.

Out of curiosity. Since you think so highly of Leonard. If SRL didn't have to take the test when Hearns/Steward asked him to, then why should Pac?

Comment

Originally posted by Koca1nst1xx View Post
            Aaron Pryor was a savage a smaller Shane Mosley, who stayed close, a fight with Duran woulda been epic same with Leonard... I dont know but i think the Leonard fight was propsed at 154 or something.... Duran was unstable and i dont think he wanted to fight Aaron.. Aaron was knocking everybody out and its just a trvesty he didnt get his day, dude has a motor and his D was his O
            Which would make him vulnerable to a great counterpuncher just like Manny ****ing Pacquiao

Comment

Then your ATG ranking more than likely is quite laughable. I would love to see it one day for ****s and giggles.

Out of curiosity. Since you think so highly of Leonard. If SRL didn't have to take the test when Hearns/Steward asked him to, then why should Pac?
              I'd love to engage u in drug memories but I didnt follow that story, I've never heard Hearns or Steward make any comment of Leonard and PED usage. Maybe the drug tests they wanted were recreational.
              Last edited by Code Red; 05-03-2011, 02:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Koca1nst1xx View Post
                Pryor got his day with the Arguello fights.

Pryor is the one who deserves much of the blame for not getting the mega-fights with the guys at 147 (and above). He's the one who turned down the Leonard fight (which was most likely for Leonard's 147 lb. title), wanting more than $500k, which was way, way more than he'd ever made at that point.

He's the only who turned down the Duran fight (this was proposed at 150 lbs.) because he had managerial issues.

His own personal issues also played a big part in him not being able to unify 140 and fight Saoul Mamby. His wife shot him.

Comment

Pac has had a great career but I would rank Floyd higher to if it ended today, but the fact there careers are still going and a showdown is inevitable, i think your list will change to if Floyd does what many think he will against Pac and beats his ass!

Comment

I'd love to engage u in boxing drug memories but I didnt follow that story, I've never heard Manny or Steward make any comment of Leonard and PED usage. Maybe the drug tests they wanted were recreational.
                    Hearns and Steward accused Leonard of using steroids before their rematch, probably because of how big Leonard looked when he fought Lalonde.

Comment

I'd love to engage u in boxing drug memories but I didnt follow that story, I've never heard Manny or Steward make any comment of Leonard and PED usage. Maybe the drug tests they wanted were recreational.
                      Of course you didn't.

No it was for PED's Hearns/Steward felt Leonard was roids. Asked him to take the test. He didn't take it.

It is what it is.

Just like somebody who's active today, won't say who.

Media darling as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X