Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Won Pac-Bradley? Post fight discussion STOP MAKING NEW THREADS ABOUT THIS FIGHT.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by El Jesus View Post
    i disagree, Bradley didint take the belt off him, he didint really push it and take it from the champion. i felt bradley won no more than 3 rounds, i felt its unfair to treat the fight like some title eliminator, to me you have to take the belt and bradley didint do that.
    I'm a huge Bradley fan and I scored it at least 1 if not 2 rounds in favor of Pac. That being said, it came down to a couple of things for me.

1. Pac is a much stronger puncher than Bradley is.

2. Pac is one of the most renown boxers in the world and fighter of the decade

3. Pac is p4p#1 or p4p#2 at worst in the entire world.

4. Pac normally demolishes his opponents

5. Bradley was moving up in weight

6.. This was Bradley's first PPV headline and biggest fight of his career, Pac had been there many times before and Tim is not his biggest fight.

Now, at first, I was caught up in the power and impact of Pac's punches in the first few rounds. As the fight progressed, I noticed he was taking the first 2 minutes of each round and stealing it at the end. I noticed that the crowd went wild every single time Pac landed or appeared to land a punch.

Given the points that I mentioned above, I believe that Pac should be held to a higher standard than most fighters. If you are the bigger, harder punching guy, who is fighting a guy moving up in weight and you are kind of expected to KO him, then anything short of a KO is less than expected.

Secondly, If you are expected to be so much stronger than your opponent and you have traditionally trashed your opponents up, then not being able to make the other guy bleed or at least knock him down once is less than expected.

Then there is the fact that Pac is a PPV mainstay and this was Tim's first PPV headline so Manny even had the comfort factor. Add in the fact that Tim had a twisted ankle or two and I can see all sorts of things that the judges could be using to judge the fight.

Pac was taking the majority of rounds off and getting out boxed in the later rounds by Tim.

It's kind of like the HBO crew when they were bashing Martinez against Macklin saying he wasn't living up to his reputation and then he KO's Macklin and they are on Martinez' sack.

I kind of looked at it like Pac wasn't living up to his reputation to a degree and judging the fight basically came down to weighing the amount of damage Pac would do in his last 30 seconds of the round flurries to the degree that an injured Bradley (with all the extraneous factors) outboxed him the other 2/3's of the round.

I found myself asking is it really fair for Manny Pacquiao to do nothing and try to steal the round in the closing seconds on a few good punches when he is who he is? To me, he should have put Tim out, if he was capable of doing it and considered to be one of the best fighters of all time, is giving 33% going to win the fight?

I found 7 rounds where I thought that Pac's noticeable punches outweighed what Bradley was able to do. I could imagine the judges using similar logic to score rounds for Tim.

If they fought again, I think Tim is going to do much better and Pac will not fair as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
      These are professional judges who have training and decades of experience and they are always within 25 feet of the action and are watching it in real life. You are a dumbass who doesn't know how to judge a boxing fight and has ZERO experience and was watching the fight on a 2-dimensional screen.

I'll take their expert judgement over yours any day.
      Originally posted by Toyman View Post
      all 3 judges have experience in over 30 title fights; dave morretti has judged over 100.

safe to say - when they say pacquiao won, its the truth.

harold lederman is another well respected expert, he had pacquiao winning big as did i

but then again, seeing the jmm fanboys give jmm round 3 in the replay thread................i now know how they arrived at their scorecards.

Comment

• Originally posted by littlemac View Post
        Great quotes.... good find.
        If only he was around to see this

Comment

• I've watched this fight 5 times and not once have I given Bradley more than 4 rounds.

Despite this, I don't favor anyone other than Pacquiao or Mayweather over him.

Bradley easily beats Ortiz, Guerrero, Maidana and I feel he wins a 8 to 4 type of UD over both Khan and Marquez.
          Last edited by Khalid X; 06-14-2012, 12:34 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by littlemac View Post
            lmao complete ownage

Comment

• With all due respect, I honestly think anybody who scored the fight for Tim is nothing short of a moron.

Claiming to have reviewed the fight and coming back here to say it was a closer fight than they first thought it was is preposterous.

Pacquiao is the aggressor. Pacquiao is the harder puncher. Only one man was in trouble of any kind during the bout, and that was Bradley.

Timothy Bradley did not win this fight, nor was he able to land enough significant punches where one could make an excuse for the scores being close. JMM can make that excuse, but Tim… not even close.

It is sad to see some usually respectable NSB posters attempting to rationalize the irrational.

Knock it off already.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel Alpha View Post
                With all due respect, I honestly think anybody who scored the fight for Tim is nothing short of a moron.

Claiming to have reviewed the fight and coming back here to say it was a closer fight than they first thought it was is preposterous.

Pacquiao is the aggressor. Pacquiao is the harder puncher. Only one man was in trouble of any kind during the bout, and that was Bradley.

Timothy Bradley did not win this fight, nor was he able to land enough significant punches where one could make an excuse for the scores being close. JMM can make that excuse, but Tim… not even close.

It is sad to see some usually respectable NSB posters attempting to rationalize the irrational.

Knock it off already.
                or maybe they've got a point that you just don't want to acknowledge, for your own personal pacqcentric reasons.

Comment

• "mathed" made some excellent posts in this thread, props.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel Alpha View Post
                    With all due respect, I honestly think anybody who scored the fight for Tim is nothing short of a GENIUS

Claiming to have reviewed the fight and coming back here to say it was a closer fight than they first thought it was is STUPENDOUS

Pacquiao WAS NOT the aggressor. Pacquiao is the harder puncher.

Timothy Bradley did WIN this fight, HE WAS able to land enough significant punches where TWO JUDGES could make a CASE for the scores being close. JMM can make that CASE AND SO CAN Tim

Knock it off already.
                    Fixed it. Man you are right agree 100%

Comment

• Originally posted by ianhunter View Post
                      or maybe they've got a point that you just don't want to acknowledge, for your own personal pacqcentric reasons.

No, they don't.

Being a pac fan doesn't have anything to do with what are facts.

And I am not a pac fan anymore. That doesn't change the fact that he won.

Comment

Working...
                      X