Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Won Pac-Bradley? Post fight discussion STOP MAKING NEW THREADS ABOUT THIS FIGHT.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    There are bad decisions, robberies and there's what we witnessed on Saturday night. We as fans should not accept this, this is the straw that broke boxing's back.

Why did this happen? I don't know, what could Arum gain from this? All I do know is that it was one of the worst if not the worst decisions I have ever seen and we as fans should not accept this. I'm not a fan of Manny Pacquaio or against Bradley, I just love the sport of boxing.

I know there are trolls here enjoying what happened but in a serious thread about a serious issue, I'm disgusted. To those of you who compare this to medicine given to Pac because of what happened to him vs JMM, it isn't even close. Those were tough, competitive fights, this was a one sided beat down that was boring to watch because Bradley had nothing left for Pac. You could see Bradley's body language and then you couple that with the fact he told Arum he lost, the compubox stats and that almost all of the press had Pac winning, this made a mockery of the sport.

I do know that if there is a silver lining in all of this it's that hopefully the govt will step in and take control of this rogue sport. Different commissions in different states, judges that are old and part of the establishment that is the problem and then the promoters who run boxing and fighters into the ground for their own personal monetary gain. We need a boxing Czar, someone who runs all aspects of the sport, unifies the rules and can overturn horrible decisions like this.

We need changes or boxing is done as we know it and this is not an exaggeration. My friends from the MMA gym I help train fighters at texted me and told me "This is why MMA is bigger than boxing now". I had nothing back to say.... To think a fighter dedicates 6-8 weeks of blood sweat and tears, takes punishment in the fights and then is handed down a cowardly decision like this, it's a crime to be quite honest with you. Respect to Bradley, he wasn't the judge but he knew he lost, Arum knew, the press knew, the fans knew and still we were handed something like this.

I will never again pay one red cent towards anything promoted by Top Rank and that's my word. Boxing's integrity died on Saturday night.

Here lies boxing 1838 - 2012
    I completely agree and I've been watching fights since I was a little boy. I have not seen a decision as bad as this one in a big fight EVER. It was a CLEAR win for Pac. Bradley's confidence went out the window by the 4th/5th round and you could see it in his face. This decision was a shame.

What sucks is that a particular group of people don't care about it, they just want "their" type of guy to of win so they can talk shit.

Another thing I find funny is that boxing fans claim it's just Arum. Boxing fans in general hurt the sport as much as him.

Comment

• He has an ok jab and is able to move ok. What he sucks at is brawling. Stick to game plan next time and he keeps pacquiao at bay all night much the way Marquez did.

Also all that muscle kills his stamina.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
        I'm drunk and keep changing my posts as long as they are the last one, but now your responses have come before I'm done twice in a row lol.

I think if you intentionally ignored the crowd and scored the fight based on activity, effectiveness, and ring generalship that you could indeed see Bradley fighting an effective fight against Pacquiao.
        lol i'm watching kung fu panda 2 on hbo as i'm having this discussion with you.

i'm curious about your implication of an arum backed robbery because it seems to be a moot point if it was clear that bradley was winning the rds anyway.

the robbery just comes to play if it was clear that 1 side was overwhelmingly better than the other.

Comment

• LOL, at these bitter Pac fans and their Mexican counterparts. Boxing is well and alive, PPV numbers are amazing while we endure the worst financial crisis in HISTORY.

The correct decision was made last night and thanks to that Boxing is well alive. Instead of giving the decision to the money maker and the hype machine, the judges gave it too the Bradley who outboxed and outclassed the limited ESPN created Asian marketed fraud that is Pacman.

Did boxing die when Pacman robbed JMM three times? Did boxing die when Chavez robbed Taylor or Pernell? Or when Lewis was robbed against Holyfield as so on.

This thread is a clear example of sensitive idiotic boxing fans who rely on their feminine emotions to make decisions and thought. Give it a couple of days when you are off your cycle,

Comment

• http://boxrec.com/media/index.php?title=Fight:1656951

Unofficial Scorecards:

Danny Flexen, Boxing News: 115-113 Bradley
            Lem Satterfield, Ring Magazine: 115-113 Pacquiao
            Armando Alvarez, Telemundo: 115-113 Pacquiao
            Jake Donovan, BoxingScene.com: 115-113 Pacquiao
            Terry Dooley, BoxingScene.com: 115-113 Pacquiao
            Steve Bunce, BoxNation.com/BBC: 116-112 Pacquiao
            George Willis, The New York Post: 116-112 Pacquiao
            Rick Reeno, BoxingScene.com: 116-112 Pacquiao
            Robert Morales, Los Angeles Daily News: 116-112 Pacquiao
            Ben Thompson, FightHype.com: 116-112 Pacquiao
            Tim Smith, New York Daily News: 116-112 Pacquiao
            Suge Green, On the Grind Boxing Radio: 116-112 Pacquiao
            Steve Zemach, The Queensbury Rules.com: 116-112 Pacquiao
            Michael Nelson, TheCruelestSport.com: 116-112 Pacquiao
            Tom Gray, SecondsOut.com: 116-112 Pacquiao
            Joel Sebastionelli, LIITR Box Radio: 116-112 Pacquiao
            ***************.com: 116-112 Pacquiao
            Ricky Hatton: 116-112 Pacquiao
            Wayne McCulloch: 116-112 Pacquiao
            Rob Day, RingNews24.com: 117-112 Pacquiao
            Ryan Burton, BoxingScene.com: 117-112 Pacquiao
            Kieran Mulvaney, ESPN: 117-111 Pacquiao
            Tim Dahlberg, Associated Press: 117-111 Pacquiao
            Ron Borges, Boston Herald: 117-111 Pacquiao*Cliff Rold, BoxingScene.com: 117-111 Pacquiao
            Chris Robinson, BoxingScene.com: 117-111 Pacquiao
            David Mayo, The Grand Rapids Press: 117-111 Pacquiao
            Robert Little, BlackSportsOnline.com: 117-111 Pacquiao
            Jorge Hernandez, The Low Blow.com: 117-111 Pacquiao
            David Greisman, BoxingScene.com: 117-111 Pacquiao
            ********Boxing.com: 117-111 Pacquiao
            The Guardian (UK): 117-111 Pacquiao
            Luis Sandoval, BoxingScene.com: 117-111 Pacquiao
            Jonathan Sakti, Comcast Sports Net Bay Area: 117-111 Pacquiao
            Richie Tomasini, Comcast Sports Net Bay Area: 117-111 Pacquiao
            Tim Starks, The Queensbury Rules: 117-111 Pacquiao
            Champ Ross, *************.com: 117-111 Pacquiao
            Lance Pugmire, Los Angeles Times: 117-111 Pacquiao
            Darren Velasco, 8CountNews.com: 117-111 Pacquiao
            Ryan Maquinana, Comcast Sports Net Bay Area: 117-111 Pacquiao
            George Diaz, The Orlando Sentinel: 117-111 Pacquiao
            Steve Kim, MaxBoxing.com: 117-111 Pacquiao
            Doug Fischer, Ring Magazine: 117-111 Pacquiao
            FightersRated.com: 117-111 Pacquiao
            Scott Christ, BadLeftHook.com: 117-111 Pacquiao
            Kevin Iole, Yahoo! Sports: 117-111 Pacquiao
            Tommy Gunn, ************.com: 117-111 Pacquiao
            NoHoldsBarred.com: 117-111 Pacquiao
            Gareth Davies, London Telegraph: 117-111 Pacquiao
            Ron Lewis, Primetime/BBC: 117-111 Pacquiao
            Jake Emen, ProBoxing-Fans.com: 117-111 Pacquiao
            Steve Lillis, BoxNation: 118-111 Pacquiao
            Brett Newton, Pound4Pound.com: 118-110 Pacquiao
            Mark Lyons, 8CountNews.com: 118-110 Pacquiao
            Mike Koppinger, Ring Magazine: 118-110 Pacquiao
            Gabriel Montoya, MaxBoxing.com: 118-110 Pacquiao
            Ryan ********, Ring Magazine: 118-110 Pacquiao
            Pete O'Brien, USA Today: 118-110 Pacquiao
            Eric Raskin, TheSweetScience.com: 118-110 Pacquiao
            Rich Marotta, KFI Los Angeles: 118-110 Pacquiao
            Ace Freeman, FightFan.com: 118-110 Pacquiao
            Kelsey McCarson, TheSweetScience.com: 118-110 Pacquiao
            Mario Cabrera, The Boxing Republic: 118-110 Pacquiao
            Ramon Aranda, 3MoreRounds.com: 118-110 Pacquiao
            Colin Seymour, Examiner.com: 118-110 Pacquiao
            Nigel Collins, Espn.com: 118-110 Pacquiao
            Paddy Cronan, On the Grind Boxing Radio: 118-110 Pacquiao
            Denzil Stome, OnTheBeak.com: 118-110 Pacquiao
            ***************.net: 118-110 Pacquiao
            Michael Rosenthal, Ring Magazine: 118-110 Pacquiao
            Barry Tompkins, Showtime: 119-110 Pacquiao
            Vittorio Tafur, The San Francisco Chronicle: 119-109 Pacquiao
            Ray Markarian, TheSweetScience.com: 119-109 Pacquiao
            Harold Lederman, HBO: 119-109 Pacquiao
            Dan Rafael, ESPN: 119-109 Pacquiao
            Fox Sports: 119-109 Pacquiao
            Michael Woods, ESPN: 119-109 Pacquiao
            Michael Marley, ******************.com/Examiner.com: 119-109 Pacquiao
            Skip Bayless, ESPN: 119-109 Pacquiao

Among the experts above, 77 scored the bout for Pacquiao, and 1 scored the bout for Bradley.
            None of the scores for Pacquiao was offered by Philippine media.
            The score for Bradley was not provided by American media.

Comment

• I gained a little respect because he was being tough and he stood toe to toe for most of the fight.

Still think Khan beats him easy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                I completely agree and I've been watching fights since I was a little boy. I have not seen a decision as bad as this one in a big fight EVER. It was a CLEAR win for Pac. Bradley's confidence went out the window by the 4th/5th round and you could see it in his face. This decision was a shame.

What sucks is that a particular group of people don't care about it, they just want "their" type of guy to of win so they can talk shit.

Another thing I find funny is that boxing fans claim it's just Arum. Boxing fans in general hurt the sport as much as him.
                I completely agree..........people who continue support known cheats (Margarito etc) is one of the main reasons boxing is dying............

Comment

• I'm still in shock.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frogs! View Post
                    lol i'm watching kung fu panda 2 on hbo as i'm having this discussion with you.

i'm curious about your implication of an arum backed robbery because it seems to be a moot point if it was clear that bradley was winning the rds anyway.

the robbery just comes to play if it was clear that 1 side was overwhelmingly better than the other.
                    I'm skeptical of it being an "Arum-centric" conspiracy because I don't see how devaluing the most valuable fighter he has ever had would be beneficial to him in any conceivable way. At the same time the vast majority of people are blaming Arum and their opinions seem valid enough as well for the time being. I wanted to sit on the fence for a couple more days but the Horus thread drew me out because I share his opinion to a lesser extent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ki11a Cam View Post
                      I completely agree..........people who continue support known cheats (Margarito etc) is one of the main reasons boxing is dying............
                      Yup just like the ones that support Jones, Toney, Mosley, Peterson, Vargas, and others.

Top it off the ones that can afford to pay for fights and rather not spend on the sport they love. Yet they call someone like Arum greedy.

Comment

Working...
                      X