Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Won Pac-Bradley? Post fight discussion STOP MAKING NEW THREADS ABOUT THIS FIGHT.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    I agree that Mayweather vs Pac would have never happened but there's a bigger and deeper issue concerning the business aspect of boxing that we aren't discussing.

When you look at the way boxing is ran, it's based on the promoters and their ability to make the best fight, which in turn should net them the most money...right?

Wrong, what has happened in the last 15 years in boxing has been the opposite. There's no more cross promotional fights being made anymore, it's top rank with top rank and Gb with GB and so on. That's not the way boxing should be because it creates monopolies and takes the big time fights away from the fans. Arum is content to make smaller fights like Bradley vs Pac, because he makes a ton of money and he doesn't have to shell out major money for a Mayweather fight.

The system that should be leaning itself towards giving the best fights for the most money, is backfiring in boxing. Don't dismiss the govt stepping in and it's been talked about. Sen. John McCain is a huge fan of boxing and has been suggesting this for over 20 years now. We cannot continue to let these commissions like the one in Texas to run wild and allow the promoters to have as much power as they do.

Boxing is in big trouble people, it's not about PPV numbers, it's not about countries who support it, it's about the integrity of the sport and even the most skeptical people and conspiracy theorists are now starting to look like the people of reason and that's scary.
    I would think that what makes the most money would ultimately prevail. I don't think Arum is intentionally ruining the sport. I really don't. I think in this case what happened is that Floyd simply will not fight Mannie Pac. And, Mannie has run thru all his competition. Who is left to fight but yet another JMM fight? Maybe a Cotto rematch? Where the major public interest in this? JMM v Pac rivalry was great but its done now. Cotto was destroyed by Mannie. Think of how Cotto, who is well past his prime, was able to compete with Floyd. Now look at how Mannie handled him. IN FACT look at all the common opponents of both Mannie and Floyd. This analysis shows you why Floyd will not fight Mannie. He will not do it. Pac is just too dangerous. He is an ATG of the highest caliber. This is the problem.

I hear what you say about promoters protecting their stable. Of course that plays into the business of what we get to see. But, as to the MEGAFIGHTS, that analysis goes out the window. Today's promoters groom their clientelle for that MEGAFIGHT. And its for the big money. Make no mistake. If Floyd would fight Pac, it would have already happened.

Comment

• Solution for Boxing's Problems Such as What Happened in Paq Fight(boring but needed)

I know its a bit of a boring post, but this is what I believe needs to be done for boxing to be respectable again. Their is quite a simple solution for solving the problems that are facing boxing and destroying the sport. The most severe and urgent problems are incompetent and what some would argue corrupt judges and incompetent and again some would argue corrupt referees.

The major promoters such as Top Rank and Golden boy plus several other promotional companies, the sanctioning bodies like WBC, WBA, etc , boxer's and trainers should hold a conference to discuss and lay out a prospectus of what the major problems are in the sport and on top of the list should be the above mentioned problems, plus the many possible solutions to those issues. Once that is done specifics should be drafted up by the many professionals in the sport (those I mentioned above). A new set of criteria, rules, discipline measures, training standards for judges and referees. For example these new measures would have detailed ways on how to become a judge, how they are trained, and disciplinary standards. This new set of rules would also include standards on when a judge is no longer able to perform his duties. For starters this should include age, eyesight, mental faculties, etc. Also it should include high standards on what kind of relationships judges can and cannot have with promoters, state athletic officials etc. When a controversial decision occurs like last nights Pacquiao fight then an investigatory arm should be deployed. As for referees, the very same standards should apply.

This initial gathering should come up with I would say a new set of rules for the future of boxing. Then let the professionals in the sport get to setting up the details such as I have described above. Once this is done the promoters, boxers, sanctioning bodies should approach, first, the Nevada Athletic Commission and say," This is what we want in order to clean up the sport and end these bad decisions by judges and bad calls by referees". They should state that these new set of rules are absolutely necessary for the sake of the sport and its future revenue stream. And if Nevada hesitates with taking the side of this new direction then the collective people of the boxing business should give Nevada an ultimatum and that is if the new set of standards are not taken up then boxing will take its business to the states that will agree to these new standards and Nevada would potentially lose out on millions of dollars a year in taxes and revenues. The boxing community should go state by state starting with the states that do the most boxing events. The new standards could be paid for by adding a fee or tax to each boxing event that would go to enforcing and applying this new board or whatever you want to call it.

I know it would be a dream to get all these parties together but if boxing wants to continue into the future then it definitely needs to do something like this and do it soon.
      Last edited by jbp23; 06-11-2012, 12:31 AM. Reason: grammer error

Comment

• Originally posted by Phenom View Post
        very overrated
        That sums its up.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
          I've never heard anyone else complain when they were on the right tend of wrong decision. Pac "He was the better man tonight"

You don't say that kind of stuff if you aren't supposed to be in on it.
          Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
          I finally figured out how boxing really works...all a guy has to do is stand in high guard for 2 minutes of each round, flail wildly for 6 swings, and if 1 punch lands it means that boxer won the round!

Thank you guys for making it so much clearer for me how to score a fight.
          you're right 1 out of 6 punches, right in line with bradley's connect percentage.

haters getting desperate lol

Comment

• just watched it for the first time..
            turned the sound off too for fairness sake..

i gave rounds 1,2,7,10 and 12 for Bradley..

Pacquiao = 115 (sure he did win.. damn)
            Bradley = 113

imo, 2 and 7 or even 12 could go either way..
            if i gave those 3 rounds to Pacman,
            it would have been 117-111 for Pacman..
            it was close but Pacman did the greater damage
            though i guess a little less punches compared to his
            previous fights but still owned the desert storm..

and still.. ROBBERY of the Decade or even Century..

Comment

• The fight was a draw.... I watched it with no cheerleaders!

So, I watched the fight yesterday in Romanian.... and frankly it seemed like a draw to me.

Sure.. if you go with the emotionful question of who got beat up more Pacquiao won, but that is NOT how fights are scored. They are scored round by round.

I had Bradley winning the early rounds.... Pacquiao dominating the middle ones, then letting Bradley take the ending rounds.

It is total BS to say Pac got robbed. Lets face it, the fight was relatively weak. Bradley had the right game plan but he executed it poorly and Pacquiao simply didn't know what to do when Tim pumped the jab in his face and circled left. When Bradley would go into brawl mode he lost most of the exchanges as he was wild and looping with his punches.

Marquez got robbed..... Pacquiao did not. It was a draw that could have gone either way. Pacquiao shouldnt have coasted.

Comment

• just watched it for the first time..
                turned the sound off too for fairness sake..

i gave rounds 1,2,7,10 and 12 for Bradley..

Pacquiao = 115 (sure he did win.. damn)
                Bradley = 113

imo, 2 and 7 or even 12 could go either way..
                if i gave those 3 rounds to Pacman,
                it would have been 117-111 for Pacman..
                it was close but Pacman did the greater damage
                though i guess a little less punches compared to his
                previous fights but still owned the desert storm..

and still.. ROBBERY of the Decade or even Century..

Comment

• Originally posted by loui_ludwig View Post
                  Just like the 3rd Pac-JMM fight, i watched it a couple of times.

1st time i rewatched it, the tv was on, sound off, my back turn. Still 117-111 for Pac.
                  2nd time, tv off but the dvd is playing. Still for Pac with same score.
                  To be fair with Bradley, i watched it a 3rd time, tv on, sound off, and i am in the bathroom taking a ****. Still same score for Pac.
                  WELL LOOKING AT YOUR SIG, WHAT DO YOU EXPECT?? AT LEAST HE WAS A GENTLEMAN ABOUT IT, WAS HE SUPPOSED TO SAY YEAH I GOT ****ED UP, I have no bruises though..lol

Truth is it could have went either way, people simply love Pac, plain and simple.... He stated he would give him a rematch... Thats better than the crap pac stated saying if filipino's think he lost then they are not true countrymen or something to that effect... (post marquez)

Manny people thought marquez won, fat dan included... But did i SEE YOU COMMENT EITHER TIME ASKING PAC TO SAY HE DIDNT WIN?? NO you didnt, you are simply biased....

Bradley has fought Pac now, and he will perform even better next time. Pac had the harder shots, bradley out fought pac though. I mean we knew that manny hit harder going into the match. Hitting harder doesnt mean ****.

Comment

• Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
                    You see if the corruption favors my fighter then I am all cool with it and I turn a blind eye. If it favors the other guy, I will b1tch and moan about it and sign an online petition to get the decision overturned.
                    Exactly what I'm talking about.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frogs! View Post
                      were you referring to the bs last night?
                      I was indeed, if that is what Arum did. I really have a hard time with my own calculations figuring out how this will benefit Arum in the long run unless it guarantees like another 10 years of huge FilAm turnouts and at least 10 fights from Pac all under the Top Rank banner. The math doesn't add up. I think Arum had a major hand in everything last night, but the math to screw Pac for longtime beneficial gain just fails unless he knows Pac will be fighting into his 40s at least once a year...

Maybe there is a method to his madness, but to me it is like slashing your own tires to get somewhere faster.

Comment

Working...
                      X