Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you watch each round very carefully and pay real close attention to the action, you will score it 10-2 for Floyd. There were many close rounds, but almost all were clearly won by Floyd. I know it's hard to accept because you are a fan of Cotto. I was a big fan of Mayorga and for the longest time I believed he should've won his fight against Spinks lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by EdWins View Post
      Yes I am a Cotto fan, but I am also a Mayweather fan, but I never score a fight with bias, boxing is an artform and every competitor deserves a just share.
      you cant score on just workrate, you're supposed to prioritize clean effective punching and cotto just lacked at doing that for most of the fight.. otherwise you would had hatton beating floyd if it went the full 12, scoring it that way.. lol

Comment

• I scored the fight last night, and i was expecting to score it much closer then the judges had it, but after watching it sober to my surprise i had 118/110. Cotto did excellent work, applied the right kind of pressure, and was in peak condition, and although he looked great at times, he was getting hit with clean accurate shots all night, and Mayweather just kept putting rounds in the bank.

Honestly I was looking forward to scoring it close, seeing exactly how well cotto had done on my scorecard, but as it turns out i saw it the same way as the judges.

Comment

• Originally posted by potski View Post
          If you watch each round very carefully and pay real close attention to the action, you will score it 10-2 for Floyd. There were many close rounds, but almost all were clearly won by Floyd. I know it's hard to accept because you are a fan of Cotto. I was a big fan of Mayorga and for the longest time I believed he should've won his fight against Spinks lol.
          That is horse **** and u know it. Cotto won 4 rounds at worst the 3rd,6th and 8th rounds were clearly Cotto rounds and the 2,5,9 are rounds that were close and could have gone either way depending on the judge. The only rounds Mayweather won clearly are the 4th round and the 12th round other than that he didn't clearly won anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
            That is horse **** and u know it. Cotto won 4 rounds at worst the 3rd,6th and 8th rounds were clearly Cotto rounds and the 2,5,9 are rounds that were close and could have gone either way depending on the judge. The only rounds Mayweather won clearly are the 4th round and the 12th round other than that he didn't clearly won anything.
            This is just an example of how people judge fights with their hearts instead of with their eyes. The only clear Cotto round in the fight was round 8, and Cotto took more clean shots in that round than Floyd did. Cotto just wasn't able to land as much or as cleanly as Floyd was. Plus Mayweather was clearly the busier fighter. It was a 10-2 9-3 fight man. The close rounds went to Floyd based on clean effective punching. He simply landed more effective punches minus 2-3 rounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie View Post
              This is just an example of how people judge fights with their hearts instead of with their eyes. The only clear Cotto round in the fight was round 8, and Cotto took more clean shots in that round than Floyd did. Cotto just wasn't able to land as much or as cleanly as Floyd was. Plus Mayweather was clearly the busier fighter. It was a 10-2 9-3 fight man. The close rounds went to Floyd based on clean effective punching. He simply landed more effective punches minus 2-3 rounds.
              You are just going by compubox numbers and thats whats wrong with boxing fans this days. It was 116-112 fight at worst and that is unanimous on the boxing world.

Comment

You are just going by compubox numbers and thats whats wrong with boxing fans this days. It was 116-112 fight at worst and that is unanimous on the boxing world.
                Speak for yourself, you don't speak for the boxing world. My comments aren't based on punch stat numbers, they're based on what I saw with my own two eyes. I didn't see Cotto land too many clean punches outside of his jab and some body shots. Like I said, evidently you were watching with your heart instead of your eyes. There's no way that round 3 was a clear Cotto round. There's no way that round 5 wasn't a clear round for Mayweather. It's not about the stats, all you have to do is open your eyes and watch without bias. Mayweather was able to land clean effective punches a lot more than Cotto was.

Comment

From what do you form that conclusion?

The fight wasn't close.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
                    Effective aggression, defense, ring generalship, clean and hard punching.

These are the factors that go into judging a round.

Cotto wasn't significantly busier, if at all.
                    One of the most absurd things I hear fans say these day's is; "The way I judge it, I do this etc etc"

Erm, there's an official judging criteria..

The way you want to judge it is literally irrelevant.

Comment

• Will there be a Mayweather-Cotto 24/7 Overtime like the Ortiz fight?

Comment

Working...
                      X